Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Give youth a go or older more experienced players

Having just watched Fabregas play for Arsenal against Everton (all the PL games are live here in Bangkok), I am really of the opinion that the fact someone is young is irrelevant if the player is good enough. I have to say that an older player could not offer anymore than Fabregas has this week or in the Charity Shield.

Maybe MA could take this on board as a 17 yo Spaniard (away from home etc.) has done really well in the PL, think what he would do in the Fizzy.

Let us hear no more that we HAVE to rely on older players to get us back in the PL. We need the right players, of any age, so MA give the younger players a go. They may just be a little hungrier. :rolleyes:;)

He is an amazing player! Such a good passer of the ball and made things happen. Him and Viera in the same team could make Arsenal even better :o

If we just brought 1 player in to play with older players through the youth team it would help, at least they'll care more as well, but it just aint going to happen and you know it :( I've waited impatiently for 3 years now for us to see sense but Mickys going to be a twat about it for a very long time still i feel. Of course they'll be hungrier, Nathan Blake is a perfect example of the opposite of a hungry player. Thats Mickys preference though, so so strange :blink::blink:

Just becase a player is old it doesnt make him good, the same goes for younger players. MA will pick the best XI for the starting line up, he sees the players day in day out we dont!! People who say he is ageist are talking utter shite, the reason we dont have more youngsters in the team is because they are simply not good enough (yet!).

People cream themselves over wright when he has actually given them no reason to, he is distinctly average and the sooner people realise this and accept it the better. I'm not saying blake or benji are that much better as i think they are very average as well.

We have two players in the starting XI who have come through the youth system here, Stewart and Heath. Both of whom get critisised on here regularly for being shit... they are the best the youth system had to offer, they got their chance yet you moan about them!!

It wasnt Micky Adams who gave them a chance though. It was Peter Taylor on both occasions. And I dont critise either ;) So i'll ask this..

Heath or Taggart?

Stewart or Rogers?

I'd go for Heath and Stewart. People critise these two players a lot but its better than the 2 options we had 2 years ago.

We have youngsters who ARE good enough, i know people like to imagine them to not to be but i'm afraid they are. Stearman not even being given a chance for experience on the bench proves Adams doesnt want to help progress this great defender. His beloved Scott Gemmill on the other hand..

It wasnt Micky Adams who gave them a chance though. It was Peter Taylor on both occasions. And I dont critise either ;) So i'll ask this..

Heath or Taggart?

Stewart or Rogers?

I'd go for Heath and Stewart. People critise these two players a lot but its better than the 2 options we had 2 years ago.

We have youngsters who ARE good enough, i know people like to imagine them to not to be but i'm afraid they are. Stearman not even being given a chance for experience on the bench proves Adams doesnt want to help progress this great defender. His beloved Scott Gemmill on the other hand..

11887[/snapback]

Stearman is 17 years old and built like a stick you cant afford the luxury of putting him on the bench to get experience. He plays well against east bengal and suddenly he is the new franco Barasi. Physically he would get bulled in this league.

The East Bengal game was when people who hadnt seen him started jumping on the bandwagon. Last season he progressed so much, if we dont reward our TALENTED youngsters every now and then its going to harm their future. Look at pre season - Tommy has a good preseason - does he get a reward? No we bring Nathan Blake in to play ahead of him when he aint even had a pre season!!! :angry::angry:

Stewart is far better than Rogers so it aint a difficult decision. And as for Stearman will get bullied in this division, he wont, Crouch is built like a stick he dont get bullied by players.

Just becase a player is old it doesnt make him good, the same goes for younger players. MA will pick the best XI for the starting line up, he sees the players day in day out we dont!! People who say he is ageist are talking utter shite, the reason we dont have more youngsters in the team is because they are simply not good enough (yet!).

People cream themselves over wright when he has actually given them no reason to, he is distinctly average and the sooner people realise this and accept it the better. I'm not saying blake or benji are that much better as i think they are very average as well.

We have two players in the starting XI who have come through the youth system here, Stewart and Heath. Both of whom get critisised on here regularly for being shit... they are the best the youth system had to offer, they got their chance yet you moan about them!!

11883[/snapback]

When MA goes "scouting" what is he scouting for. Fabregas cost the Arse 200 grand, and somehow I am being told that we are unable to find players like that. That being the case we sign players like Blake or Hignett.

Players like Blake or Hignett are signed because they are safe for MA to justify even though they are not up to the mark. Come this October/November MA will have been at City for three years and not even a sniff of a Zamora type player (could play anywhere but someone out of the blue). Maybe that was a flash in the pan.

What have we got instead. Bassett and other Midlands clubs rejects. :(:angry: <_<

Guest Guest
Come this October/November MA will have been at City for three years and not even a sniff of a Zamora type player (could play anywhere but someone out of the blue). Maybe that was a flash in the pan.

What have we got instead. Bassett and other Midlands clubs rejects.

Hmmm... two points.

1) What about Canero? Are Joey Gudjonsson and Gareth Williams 'rejects'?

2) Zamora is proving to be not up to the task, unfortunately. We've just bought a player well ahead of him in the pecking order at West Ham....

So what was your point here???

Joey and Canero hardly had a lookin yet :angry:

Zamora is so overated. I cant see what Adams thinks is so great about him. He's struggled ever since he left Brighton. Well if he really is Adams' dream striker then.. worry :wacko: :ph34r:

Long gone are the days when centre halves have to be built like brick shit houses..hopefully.

11901[/snapback]

I'm not saying you have to be a taggert build, heaths nickname is sticks and stearman makes him look fat!!!!!

17 year olds are not physically fully developed, thats a fact. Given time he will have the physical strength needed to be able to compete with people 10 years his senior.

Stewart is far better than Rogers so it aint a difficult decision. And as for Stearman will get bullied in this division, he wont, Crouch is built like a stick he dont get bullied by players.

11894[/snapback]

Crouch is older and his muscles have developed :rolleyes:

Stearman is 17 years old and built like a stick you cant afford the luxury of putting him on the bench to get experience. He plays well against east bengal and suddenly he is the new franco Barasi. Physically he would get bulled in this league.

11890[/snapback]

Babylon i think u shud take a luk at stearman a few times cus he wud NEVER get bullied in this league! luk at heath same physique but he does hes job without being told to hand hes dinner money over. Youth shud be givin a go!

He is an amazing player! Such a good passer of the ball and made things happen. Him and Viera in the same team could make Arsenal even better :o

If we just brought 1 player in to play with older players through the youth team it would help, at least they'll care more as well, but it just aint going to happen and you know it :( I've waited impatiently for 3 years now for us to see sense but Mickys going to be a twat about it for a very long time still i feel. Of course they'll be hungrier, Nathan Blake is a perfect example of the opposite of a hungry player. Thats Mickys preference though, so so strange  :blink:  :blink:

11882[/snapback]

Pressman is hungry :D

Guest Guest

F u c k off f u c k off f u c k off

Stearman isn't physically ready?? What aload of shit! How do you know? How do you know anything until you see it happen. Stearman is getting so much praise (even from Adams) so I don't see why he isn't ready, just because he's not the stereotype defender. He's very agile and skillful, a new age defender. He might 'beef' up in a few years, but until we see him in the first team how can you say he's not ready.

Another easy excuse to bum lick Adams.

F  u  c  k off f  u  c  k off f  u  c  k off

Stearman isn't physically ready?? What aload of shit! How do you know? How do you know anything until you see it happen. Stearman is getting so much praise (even from Adams) so I don't see why he isn't ready, just because he's not the stereotype defender. He's very agile and skillful, a new age defender. He might 'beef' up in a few years, but until we see him in the first team how can you say he's not ready.

12020[/snapback]

So you think a player has to be given a chance in the first team just to prove himself??

You don't know how good i am at football do you?? Doesn't mean micky should play me to find out does it!!

Like you said micky praised him but he is curently our fifth choice centre back.... wonder why that is!!!!! You cannot go round handing kids first team spots just to see if they can cope its bloody suicide. They have to earn it by performing in training, the youth team, the reserves, coming off the bench and finally they will get a starting place if they are good enough.

If half of you lot were the manager we would be playing the under 17's every week so they can get experience, well if you did that they would end up getting experience in the conference as thats where we would eventually be! Of course i want some exciting kids come through and stearman is the best bet we have, but he is only just turned 17, teams do not throw in 17 year olds unless they have to.

"How do you know anything until you see it happen" what a laugable comment.

Guest freund

12020[/snapback]

So you think a player has to be given a chance in the first team just to prove himself??

You don't know how good i am at football do you?? Doesn't mean micky should play me to find out does it!!

Like you said micky praised him but he is curently our fifth choice centre back.... wonder why that is!!!!! You cannot go round handing kids first team spots just to see if they can cope its bloody suicide. They have to earn it by performing in training, the youth team, the reserves, coming off the bench and finally they will get a starting place if they are good enough.

If half of you lot were the manager we would be playing the under 17's every week so they can get experience, well if you did that they would end up getting experience in the conference as thats where we would eventually be! Of course i want some exciting kids come through and stearman is the best bet we have, but he is only just turned 17, teams do not throw in 17 year olds unless they have to.

12059[/snapback]

I agree, you can't just put younger players in for the sake of it, but then again MA should be playing the best team, not necesarily the team with the most experience (ie wilcox :rolleyes: )

12020[/snapback]

12059[/snapback]

I agree, you can't just put younger players in for the sake of it, but then again MA should be playing the best team, not necesarily the team with the most experience (ie wilcox :rolleyes: )

12064[/snapback]

I completely agree, but in training maybe wilcox has been good??? Players should earn their starting place through performance not reputaions.

Guest freund

12020[/snapback]

12059[/snapback]

12064[/snapback]

I completely agree, but in training maybe wilcox has been good??? Players should earn their starting place through performance not reputaions.

12067[/snapback]

hmmm well maybe he has played well in training, but training is different to actually playing a game, if he can't handle the pressure of a proper match he should be left out IMO

to me it does seem like MA is playing him just because he played for england once or whatever :rolleyes:

Archived