Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ashley Chambers to York City

• 1 month later...

Chambo staying at York until the end of season apparently. On the York City Website. Hope it goes well for him. :D:P

Speedy winger, Ashley Chambers has extended his loan deal with City until the end of the season.

The 20 year old joined The Minstermen on loan from Championship side Leicester City in November and has figured in Manager Gary Mills plans on a regular basis since then. The clubs have now agreed a new Long Loan deal which will see Chambers stay with City until the end of the current season.

Chambo staying at York until the end of season apparently. On the York City Website. Hope it goes well for him. :D:P

All typical Chambers. Fit and sharp Chambers is a dangerous footballer. It's been no-one's fault he hasn't had a breakthrough chance cos he's always been long-term injured at the wrong time. But if Chambers delivers a full half a season and notches goals regularly I am still not 100% sure he can't win a contract at a better level than York's.

I've never been sure how much pace his injuries have cost him but if he's as fast as ever I'd venture to say he's at least league one level and perhaps more when he's fully wound up. Chambers has the skill to run at people with pace and is also an accomplished finisher from all sorts of situations. He passes and moves well and gets his head up. Delivers a mean cross too. For me it's just whether he can put those things together consistently.

But even among good players like King and Gradel, Chambers could be a star on his day. But the first two have proved more durable up to now.

All typical Chambers. Fit and sharp Chambers is a dangerous footballer. It's been no-one's fault he hasn't had a breakthrough chance cos he's always been long-term injured at the wrong time. But if Chambers delivers a full half a season and notches goals regularly I am still not 100% sure he can't win a contract at a better level than York's.

I've never been sure how much pace his injuries have cost him but if he's as fast as ever I'd venture to say he's at least league one level and perhaps more when he's fully wound up. Chambers has the skill to run at people with pace and is also an accomplished finisher from all sorts of situations. He passes and moves well and gets his head up. Delivers a mean cross too. For me it's just whether he can put those things together consistently.

But even among good players like King and Gradel, Chambers could be a star on his day. But the first two have proved more durable up to now.

Says it all about Chambo. I have him and Gradel in the same side and he looked the better player. I am sure that with a full season under his belt he will attract attention from Clubs at a higher level. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bumping an old thread. Ashley scored his 10th goal of the season today to level the game against Luton at Wembley. We went on to win and are back in the football league at last!

Drunk, emotional, overjoyed but just wanted to stop by and thank you for him. He's been injury-free all season and has been ever-present as a winger.

All the best next season!

Thanks again! :)

And wow, just noticed you've signed Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood. Having seen him in the flesh, he's superb. Forget that I'm talking about conference level observations, he's scary good and I remember all the talk of clubs looking at him, including Premiership clubs, during the season. Even at Championship level I bet he'll be immense for you, as much as he'll probably have to earn his way into the team.

Archived