Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ashley Chambers to York City

This lad sounds very encouraging to us.

Quick outline. We've gone through a succession of horrendous asset stripping owners, resulting in us going from a League 1 club and beating Man Utd 3-0 away in 1995 to tinpot land where you end up going to poxy clubs where your away following is bigger than the home crowd.

We had almost turned it around last season, beating Luton home and away to face Oxford in the playoff final in front of 50,000 (conference record) only to lose it. We sold our top scorer for 300,000 on the last day of the transfer window and are supposed to be spending it in the next window, but have slipped down the league due to the lack of strikers.

So this lad could become an instant hero here.

Anyone know much about him? Did some googling, but don't know if he's all about pace etc?

All the best this season.

Quick outline. We've gone through a succession of horrendous asset stripping owners, resulting in us going from a League 1 club and beating Man Utd 3-0 away in 1995 to tinpot land where you end up going to poxy clubs where your away following is bigger than the home crowd.

We had almost turned it around last season, beating Luton home and away to face Oxford in the playoff final in front of 50,000 (conference record) only to lose it. We sold our top scorer for 300,000 on the last day of the transfer window and are supposed to be spending it in the next window, but have slipped down the league due to the lack of strikers.

Anyone know much about him? Did some googling, but don't know if he's all about pace etc?

I certainly had high hopes for this lad when he first came onto the scene. When I've seen him in pre season friendlies he had pace and not a little skill. On the odd time he's appeared for the first time he's not really shined.

Best of luck to him and your team, I can't see him making it here now.

Profile from our OS - http://www.lcfc.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10274~35218,00.html

Looked to be a good prospect but suffered from a serious injury. Been out on loan a couple of times but didn't get to play much even though he scored.

Comfortable on the ball, pacey although not sure if he's lost some of that since his injury, slight in build but a fairly determined player that gives his all.

If he can handle the physical side of the BSP then he'll cause defenders no end of problems with his pace and skill. The worry is how prone he is to injury but a decent player, has just had tow many injuries to stand a realistic chance of success here I reckon. Surprised he's not managed to find a League Two club really, he should prove much too good for that level if fit.

Thanks lads. He'll probably get to start against Wrexham on Sunday, given we've been playing two midfielders up front lately. I'm guessing from the comments that you wouldn't be bothered about him becoming cup tied, as we replay against Rotherham next week in the FA Cup, and we'd like him involved in that.

Not really shining for your club at your level may mean he'll actually rampage around the Conference, so I'll report back and let you know how he does for us on this thread :)

If he can handle the physical side of the BSP then he'll cause defenders no end of problems with his pace and skill. The worry is how prone he is to injury but a decent player, has just had tow many injuries to stand a realistic chance of success here I reckon. Surprised he's not managed to find a League Two club really, he should prove much too good for that level if fit.

now this gives me an excuse to go to see a York game and their very nice fans.

Chambers was once a promising player in a promising young team. He suffered two long-term injuries at the time when he might have been expected to make his push for senior football.

The big question is, can he stay free of more such injuries, and does he still have the pace, the sublime skills and the courage to make it in professional football.

Chambers is rather like club top scorer Matty Fryatt in that he can take people on and can make things happen on his own. He can also score goals.

Again, like Fryatt, he's inclined to do too much but, unlike my perception of Fryatt, Chambers can see and deliver a pass to moving colleagues. At his best he's a player who has to be marked. He direct and potentially dangerous. Unfortunately he's yet to make the most of all that talent.

I shall interest to hear how he gets on at York. It's hard to see him having a future at Leicester with all the incoming players competing for a place. but I would have thought he could make an impact in Division Two or even Divison One given a run of games and some decent team-mates. The lad is very much a footballer rather than a thug.

Was surprised he didn't go out on loan earlier in the season given that he hasn't made the subs bench this season (to my knowledge) yet seemed encouraging in pre season matches with a couple of goals (again, to the best of my knowledge). Anyhow, would be good for him to get some quality minutes on the pitch without any injuries. Saying that, I doubt he'll ever be pushing into the first 18 on a regular basis at Leicester. Happy to be proved wrong though!!

Ash is a good young man blessed with pace and a good finish - most of the time he plays in the reserves he scores - however, LCFC seem to have developed a policy of giving very few of our good young players a chance so I'm not surprised Ash is looking for loan deals. He is a confidence player and, if played often, will serve your club well.

Cracking prospect at one point, two injuries later he's lost his way and he's more interested in the local nightlife than making it as a footballer.

Utter bollox - I know Ash well and he's as keen to make it as he ever was - get your facts straight

Chambers was once a promising player in a promising young team. He suffered two long-term injuries at the time when he might have been expected to make his push for senior football.

The big question is, can he stay free of more such injuries, and does he still have the pace, the sublime skills and the courage to make it in professional football.

Chambers is rather like club top scorer Matty Fryatt in that he can take people on and can make things happen on his own. He can also score goals.

Again, like Fryatt, he's inclined to do too much but, unlike my perception of Fryatt, Chambers can see and deliver a pass to moving colleagues. At his best he's a player who has to be marked. He direct and potentially dangerous. Unfortunately he's yet to make the most of all that talent.

I shall interest to hear how he gets on at York. It's hard to see him having a future at Leicester with all the incoming players competing for a place. but I would have thought he could make an impact in Division Two or even Divison One given a run of games and some decent team-mates. The lad is very much a footballer rather than a thug.

Super post - very true Thrac

Thanks lads. He'll probably get to start against Wrexham on Sunday, given we've been playing two midfielders up front lately. I'm guessing from the comments that you wouldn't be bothered about him becoming cup tied, as we replay against Rotherham next week in the FA Cup, and we'd like him involved in that.

Not really shining for your club at your level may mean he'll actually rampage around the Conference, so I'll report back and let you know how he does for us on this thread :)

Nice one Danny, I used to live on Grosvenor Terrace and also Bootham Crescent so was a regular between 1998 and 2002 and still home in time for the videprinter! We even had players living with us for a time including Martin Garrett!!!!!!!!! Good luck to YCFC and hope Chambers helps push you back up the league and eventually back into the football league from which they should never had dropped from.

Cracking prospect at one point, two injuries later he's lost his way and he's more interested in the local nightlife than making it as a footballer.

Heh, you should see the tanned fools playing for us this season, they do like their nightlife and posting illiterate messages on facebook. Below is our best four players at the moment :cry:

149xkw5.jpg

Conference players, thinking they are Premiership players.

Nice one Danny, I used to live on Grosvenor Terrace and also Bootham Crescent so was a regular between 1998 and 2002 and still home in time for the videprinter! We even had players living with us for a time including Martin Garrett!!!!!!!!! Good luck to YCFC and hope Chambers helps push you back up the league and eventually back into the football league from which they should never had dropped from.

Much appreciated! Glad you moved from Grosvenor Terrace. There's a susidence problem there now, which is affecting our away end. The away end at Bootham Crescent (the Grosvenor Terrace side) used to hold 4,000, but they've had to board up the half of behind the goal in fear of away fans falling through the concrete and heading to China lol Doesn't make much difference in this league where Histon broke the record for the amount of away fans recently.....a big fat zero! Followed by taking seven to the next away game! We take 500-1000 away supporters, so it causes utter chaos at some of these clubs down here.

Right, Wrexham at home this afternoon. Chambers supposed to be starting in a 4-3-3, joined by Rankine (looks like a boxer, lots of strength, doesn't score many) and Peter Till (one of the above tanned fools, but a very good player, at this level). Will report back when I get back home after the match.

Much appreciated! Glad you moved from Grosvenor Terrace. There's a susidence problem there now, which is affecting our away end. The away end at Bootham Crescent (the Grosvenor Terrace side) used to hold 4,000, but they've had to board up the half of behind the goal in fear of away fans falling through the concrete and heading to China lol Doesn't make much difference in this league where Histon broke the record for the amount of away fans recently.....a big fat zero! Followed by taking seven to the next away game! We take 500-1000 away supporters, so it causes utter chaos at some of these clubs down here.

Right, Wrexham at home this afternoon. Chambers supposed to be starting in a 4-3-3, joined by Rankine (looks like a boxer, lots of strength, doesn't score many) and Peter Till (one of the above tanned fools, but a very good player, at this level). Will report back when I get back home after the match.

Could be a good signing for York and could fit in where Brodie left- even though i still think Brodie was shit and just very lucky.. Hopefully i will get to see him play a few games this season too. Rankine actually has the potential to be a quality striker, just a shame he doesn't score too many.

Scored 2 in 4 matches for Grimsby last season, If he gets some starts and a goal or two he could do a job in the conference but I think he's a confidence player who would do well playing alongside a very experienced forward.

Archived