Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ashley Chambers to York City

What a difference a pacy forward makes! Best performance of the season despite not winning, and mainly down to Chambers and the young midfielder from Sunderland we've also taken on loan, as they made Wrexham look like mugs a lot of the time.

Was actually a slow first half. Chambers started him out wide for some reason. Till (our best player) was out injured so likely changed the formation due to that. Wrexham had one shot, scored, we had some good build up play but that was about it.

Second half we put him up front with Rankine and they terrorised Wrexham. How they held on I'll never know as they couldn't cope with Chambers, extrodinary pace and not afraid to have a strike on goal from 20 yards, made lots of runs, with one one them seeing him taken out for the penalty and should have won it when he headed just wide with the keeper out of position, then fired a 25 yard shot that brought out a great save from the Wrexham keeper.

Got to start him through the middle and see what he can do against a team that doesn't play five at the back. Very good attitude too. Wrexham resorted to some dirty tackles on him late on and he didn't complain, got up striaght up and looked very positive throughout. Needed a win to use our games in hand to get back up the table, but very excited about the next two months with this lad involved, especially with the service Till can supply when back in the team.

Yes, I know, this is conference level we're talking about, but the lad has something special and I'm sure you'll get a decent amount of cash from a league club if he performs like this for us over the next two months.

What a difference a pacy forward makes! Best performance of the season despite not winning, and mainly down to Chambers and the young midfielder from Sunderland we've also taken on loan, as they made Wrexham look like mugs a lot of the time.

Was actually a slow first half. Chambers started him out wide for some reason. Till (our best player) was out injured so likely changed the formation due to that. Wrexham had one shot, scored, we had some good build up play but that was about it.

Second half we put him up front with Rankine and they terrorised Wrexham. How they held on I'll never know as they couldn't cope with Chambers, extrodinary pace and not afraid to have a strike on goal from 20 yards, made lots of runs, with one one them seeing him taken out for the penalty and should have won it when he headed just wide with the keeper out of position, then fired a 25 yard shot that brought out a great save from the Wrexham keeper.

Got to start him through the middle and see what he can do against a team that doesn't play five at the back. Very good attitude too. Wrexham resorted to some dirty tackles on him late on and he didn't complain, got up striaght up and looked very positive throughout. Needed a win to use our games in hand to get back up the table, but very excited about the next two months with this lad involved, especially with the service Till can supply when back in the team.

Yes, I know, this is conference level we're talking about, but the lad has something special and I'm sure you'll get a decent amount of cash from a league club if he performs like this for us over the next two months.

Pleased to read this. We all like Chambo. :)

"Chambers started him out wide for some reason."

Chambers has usually started out wide during his time at Leicester. He can play right across the forward line but has often been used wide on the right or left to give him space to use his pace, to see the passes and the cut in and make things happen.

Generally, although his movement causes problems, Chambers is not the sort of player you want to expose to the sort of clattering he'll get in the centre.

But fit, face on, and running at people and he can be a danger to anyone at any level.

Yeah, started on the left, was moved to the right and finished down the middle today. Won 4-0, should have been more according to those that went (I couldn't). Chambers also hit the post in the second half.

We couldn't buy a goal a few weeks ago, so he's made an immediate impact. We face Southport at home on Tuesday, then Darlington away in the second round of the FA Cup in their rediculously oversized stadium (only a bit smaller than yours!) We're taking 2,000 to that as it's only up the road.

Sorry to see you lost today, so I'm sure you don't need a York supporter banging on about beating the mighty Rushden and Diamonds ;)

Yeah, started on the left, was moved to the right and finished down the middle today. Won 4-0, should have been more according to those that went (I couldn't). Chambers also hit the post in the second half.

We couldn't buy a goal a few weeks ago, so he's made an immediate impact. We face Southport at home on Tuesday, then Darlington away in the second round of the FA Cup in their rediculously oversized stadium (only a bit smaller than yours!) We're taking 2,000 to that as it's only up the road.

Sorry to see you lost today, so I'm sure you don't need a York supporter banging on about beating the mighty Rushden and Diamonds ;)

Great result today, should be going to Darlington and the Southport game :) hopefully get a win and a good 3rd round draw.

It's good to hear he is having a bit of an impact at York. I'll defo be trying to listen to the FA Cup match online if it's possible.

I take it he can play in the FA Cup game?

He didn't play in the last round. Sven must be saving him. :ph34r:

Well that was a bloody awful game, with Southport one of those ruin the game for a point types. Finally broke through with two goals in the last two minutes, with Chambers having a quiet game (doesn't like coming across meaty/fat defenders who are just out to do one job of boring the opposition into submission) though nearly scored our third in injury time. Fitness isn't a problem it would seem, keeps going for 90 minutes.

Anyway, another win (three from three - nine goals scored, none conceeded) and now on to the FA Cup, which we're told you've given us permission to Cup tie him and play (doubt that would shock you).

Well that was a bloody awful game, with Southport one of those ruin the game for a point types. Finally broke through with two goals in the last two minutes, with Chambers having a quiet game (doesn't like coming across meaty/fat defenders who are just out to do one job of boring the opposition into submission) though nearly scored our third in injury time. Fitness isn't a problem it would seem, keeps going for 90 minutes.

Anyway, another win and now on to the FA Cup, which we're told you've given us permission to Cup tie him and play (doubt that would shock you).

well, i guess a win is a win, mate. onwards and upwards! :thumbup:

Love York City and glad they won.. Liked Chambo but cant see him making it here to be honest. They seem intent on bringing players in rather than up from our ranks.

Ive heard he has dodgy ankles.... hope he can forge some kind of decent career though, always came across as a nice lad. :thumbup:

Saying he hopes to sign perm for York.

"I’m out of contract at Leicester next summer and I feel my career lies away from there now. I haven’t dealt with Sven-Goran Eriksson directly since he came to the club because I’ve been training with the reserves but he’s a high-calibre manager and, with the pulling power he’s got, I think it will be hard for any youngsters coming through the ranks.

"I’m playing for my future really, and that future will be with York City if they are happy with me. When Leicester’s reserve manager told me about York’s interest, I made a few calls to get some advice and saw they are anything but a non league team and are only there because of off the pitch issues in the past. I now know that this division is not that far away from League Two and I’m happy to have made the move.

"The fans at York have been amazing. Everyone has made me feel welcome here, and this is a heavily supported club. We had more away fans at Darlington than I've seen for any other club I've played for. We filled out their entire away end in a 25,000 seat standium and outsung the home fans. Felt like a home game. This is a much bigger club than where they are in the leagues."

We like him lots :chant: :chant: :chant:

"I’m out of contract at Leicester next summer and I feel my career lies away from there now. I haven’t dealt with Sven-Goran Eriksson directly since he came to the club because I’ve been training with the reserves but he’s a high-calibre manager and, with the pulling power he’s got, I think it will be hard for any youngsters coming through the ranks.

Sounds like a personal dig at SGE. Can't blame him as he's obviously Leicester through and through and it must be hard for any homegrown player to be told their surplus to requirements.

What's the finances like at LCFC? Wondering if you'd be looking for some cash for him, and if so, would £50K do the trick? Just not sure if 50K would make a blind bit of difference to a very big club like yours, and thus hoping you might just let him go and wish him well? Providing someone else doesn't wave 100K in front of Sven's face for him. Lots of leecher clubs out there :(

It is Christmas, after all :santa:

PS Only just noticed our new manager Gary Mills is a former LCFC player. Bet that helped "a bit" with the loan deal.

What's the finances like at LCFC? Wondering if you'd be looking for some cash for him, and if so, would £50K do the trick? Just not sure if 50K would make a blind bit of difference to a very big club like yours, and thus hoping you might just let him go and wish him well? Providing someone else doesn't wave 100K in front of Sven's face for him. Lots of leecher clubs out there :(

It is Christmas, after all :santa:

PS Only just noticed our new manager Gary Mills is a former LCFC player. Bet that helped "a bit" with the loan deal.

Extend his loan to the end of the season and he'll be free if we don't offer him a new contract.

Extend his loan to the end of the season and he'll be free if we don't offer him a new contract.

I suspect other clubs will look at him and may well make an offer, just like his strike partner. :thumbup:

Archived