Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackirius

Forest Player Ratings

Weale - 8 - Didn't have much to do be three top class saves that in previous games would have had been the obligatory 'oh, they've scored moments'

Naughton - 7 - Nothing too remarkable, but kept forest at bay as part of a very solid back four

Davies - 8 - Spent most of the 2nd have supporting the midfield

Hobbs - 7 - Defended well, but gave away too much possession with poor passing

Cunningham - 7 - Caught a couple of times but finally someone who can hit a decent dead ball

Abe - 9 - Fabulous performance - not just his work rate and passing, but also his elegant and efficient passing/link play

Wellens - 7 - What he did was great, what he didn't do let him down a bit - and that was to provide fuel for Bednar, sadly not enough of his play reached the attack - and that is what we need him for.

King - 8 - Did his usual job, but like Wellens has to play the front man in more often - definitely our best captain

Gallagher - 8 - Some fabulous skills and movement, covered an awful lot of ground, weak final ball but ran our midfield going forward

vassell - 7- Very slow start but like a firework in the second, unlucky not to score

Bednar - 7 - Unlucky not to score, with camp making a great save. Got into places we haven't seen from a lone front man so far. A good first show, with movement and control - his role in the goal should not be underestimated.

Weale - 7 - Did what he had to do, kept a clean sheet, and made a couple of cracking saves, notably from Dele Adebola.

Naughton - 6 - For the majority (bar one or two mistakes), defensively solid, although looked a bit lost at times and didn't attack as much as I'd have hoped.

Davies - 9 - Absolutely brilliant. Anything that came his way in the air, he owned, and he was always an available option for anyone carrying the ball. Far too good for us.

Hobbs - 8 - One or two poorly executed hoofs, but that aside, generally solid. Looks like he's over his rough spell. Like Davies, his ability in the air meant Forest's attack barely had a sniff of goal once they went aerial.

Cunningham - 7 - First time I've seen him and first impressions are that he likes to attack. Forest had next to no joy down their right side. Impressive performance. Laid into Wellens at one point, good to see some passion from a loanee.

Abe - 9.5 - Destroyed everything. Never stopped running, deceptively quick, kept the ball virtually all the time, and kept McGugan silent. Phenomenal showing.

King - 7.5 - Kept the ball moving along the deck as much as possible, and, as per, popped up with a goal.

Wellens - 7.5 - See King. Thought the midfield trio, as a unit, looked very tidy, probably our best asset.

Vassell - 7 - Absolutely woeful first half abr his effort cleared off the line. Very, very, poor. Second half, looked a different player, once he started running at people. He looks fairly quick with the ball, surprised he doesn't seem to have the confidence to take people on. Once he's got some confidence I reckon he'll prove to be a decent accquisition if he can perform like he did in t he second period.

Gallagher - 5.5 - Fairly anonymous, set pieces poor, wasted a more than decent chance in the second half, just generally looked like he wasn't going to have one of his 'unplayable' days.

Bednar - 7 - Sluggish for the first few minutes, pretty obviously due to lack of match practice. Showed glimpses though, more than enough to prove he could be useful during his time here. Started to win alot more in the air second half.

Weale - 7.5 - His best game this season.

Naughton - 7-A little bit careless once. Not bad.

Davies - 7.5

Hobbs - 8-he was a rock last night.

Cunningham - 7

King - 8-Some terrific runs, good goal.

Abe - 7.5-Still not convinced.

Wellens - 8

Gallagher - 8-Such a clever player and now some real effort.

Vassell - 7-Apart from a 5min spell I thought he was shit.

Bednar - 7 -Ordinary.

Weale - 9- He made two amazing saves that secured the points, shown that we don't really need Kirkland

Noughton - 6.5 Not really at his best but would rather have him at his worse than Nielson

Hobbs - 8 - Showed the Hobbs of last season, soild at the back, had Earnshaw in his pocket

Davies - 9 - The kid is gold, he has done nothing wrong in my eyes since joining us, SIGN HIM UP!!!

Cunningham - 7 - Another good performence shamehe won't be playing in the FA Cup tie

King - 9 - MOTM, this kid can do nothing wrong, everything he does is perfect. Captain Perfect, deserves to have the arm-band

Abe - 8 - Great performence, one again. Ran his socks of all night

Wellins - 8 - Great throughout, made a few mistakes but soon made up for them

Vassell - 7 - Didin't really impress in the first half but his twin brother came out in the second, shame he coudln't get a goal. I tell ya, he is saving his first goal for Man City!

Bednar - 6 - Didn't really seem impressed by him, just a younger Howard, he will get better in time, would rather Matty came on instead

Gallagher - 6.5 -Would have been great if he scored the free kick that was nearly in the exact same place as last season, poor all night, needs to attack more than look for the pass

Weale - 7.5 - His best game this season.

Naughton - 7-A little bit careless once. Not bad.

Davies - 7.5

Hobbs - 8-he was a rock last night.

Cunningham - 7

King - 8-Some terrific runs, good goal.

Abe - 7.5-Still not convinced.

Wellens - 8

Gallagher - 8-Such a clever player and now some real effort.

Vassell - 7-Apart from a 5min spell I thought he was shit.

Bednar - 7 -Ordinary.

Please explain?

Weale 8 Anserwed some of his critics with two exellent saves.

Naughton 6 looked unusually shakey

Davies 8.5 This guy is class! Please Please Please sign him up!

Hobbs 7.5 Poor distribution but solid defensively

Cunningham-7.5 Soild and some decent crosses

Abe 8.5 Worked tirelessly and much improved from when he first arrived

King 9 Good runs going forward and an extra point for getting the winning goal against the scum!

Wellens 7.5 One or two stray passes but otherwise good. Worked hard and got stuck in.

Vassell 7 Getting better but still doesnt quite look fully match sharp.

Bednar 6 Not convinced. Some bad first touches and doesnt look sharp but hopefully will improve with game time.

Gallagher 4.5 Cant believe some of the high ratings. Am I the only one that thought he had a shocker?

Bloody busy day so only just have time to post my ratings...

Weale 7. Much better than of late, maybe he is getting used to our new back 4, maybe it is the arrival of Kirkland but for me he looked more alert and focused than I have seen in some time. At least two good saves and no real errors, continue playing like that and Kiirkland can stay in Wigan.

Naughton 6. A long way below his usual standard, actually looked a bit disinterested at times. Possibly under instructions he did not get forward that much first half, better after the break but still some way from his best. The dreadful backpass appeared to be over confidence, far, far too casual.

Davies 7.5. Very good in the main, but looks a bit too much like a player trying to impress, particularly going forward. Quick enough and good enough at this level for that not to be a big problem.

Hobbs 7. Slowly returning to the standard set last season, still looks a bit uncomfortable on the left particularly with the ball on the floor but getting there. Distribution is still an issue, resorts to the hoof when put under any sort of pressure, someone needs to be available to take the ball off him so we do not just give it away.

Cunningham 7.5. Forest took him on a fair few times but he coped pretty well, impressive for his age. His passing is decent too, some of his deliveries forward were spot on, particularly from freekicks.

Abe 8. Impressive, not really a holding player as such, more in the mold of Owen Hargreaves c. 2006. Harasses and chases down all over the pitch, must be a pain to play against as he is always in your face. Distribution is good too, short and simple it may be but he switches the play quickly and rarely gives the ball away, still improving.

King 8. Astonishingly effective at getting space in their box, Forest paid him a lot of attention but he still scored and could easily have had another when the pass from Bednar (?) was played behind him.

Wellens 8. Very good first half, tailed off a bit second when he seemed to get a bit 'over involved' with some of the Forest players. If he continues to play at this standard i might even have to start liking him.

Vassell 7. Mediocre first half when he stayed pretty much wide right but much improved when he started attacking the box. A couple of runs into the box were excellent, the pass to King for the goal may have been a deflected shot but he was shooting across the keeper and deserved the assist.

Bednar 6.5. Put in the effort and commitment but looks well of the pace. A lack of sharpness and a poor first touch limited his effectiveness but he showed enough to suggest that he could be pretty useful in due course, assuming he stays long enough that is.

Gallagher 6.5. Working much harder at his game he is no longer a liability defensively, but still blows hot and cold going forward. Like Vassell, he was much better once he was 'released' from his wide role. Really needs to hand over the set pieces to Abe or, on the evidence of last night, Cunningham.

Of the Subs Dyer failed to make his mark, Howard worked hard to keep up the pressure and put a decent chance wide late on and Waghorm did not even have time to get warm, let alone break sweat.

Curiously I thought Sven was quite cautious in his set up, the full backs were not released to really get forward untill the second half, Vassell and Gallagher required to stay wide. Failed to work in my view, we were much better when the wide men were allowed to come inside and leave space on the flanks for the fullbacks, particular Cunningham.

I thought everyone did well, myabe with the exception of Naughton and Gallagher who struggled a bit.

The midfield three were fantastic. I think Kingy is still lacking in certain areas of his game, but my god the lad times his runs into the box like a hero. Wellens was probably the pick of the midfield, kept the team ticking over like usual. I know he has his critics but I've always been a big fan of the chubby manc, he cares and has quality. Loved reading all the abuse the Forrest fans were giving him on their forum, he might be a 'dirty little bastard' but he's our dirty little bastard. It's clear from comments on here that Yuki is fast becoming a fans favourite and you can see why. He's 100% effort and commitment that's obvious but it's his reading of the game I've been impressed with, he always seems to arrive at the right moment to break down an attack. Don't recall him making a mistake last night either, he seldom gives the ball away.

Big Darius looked like he was going to make something happen everytime he had the ball in and around the Forrest box. I honestly think he's wasted out wide and right midfield is a position I think we need to strengthen in come January.

Bednar looked a threat to me and he's only going to improve the more games he plays.

Exciting times ahead!

Agree with most postings - Naughton below par ( but he has set a very high standard to date ) and Abe is improving big time with each match.

Picking up on the full backs getting forward am I right in thinking this doesn't happen too much in the first half but increases in the second half regardless of the score - thinking back to the Derby game both full backs got forward a lot 2nd half when some more negative teams would have stuck with a 1 nil performance - to me its a great example of defence sometimes being the best form of attack and long may it continue.Naughton definately didn't get forward as much as normal against Forest and I think this effected his game a bit which was a pity.

If someone as retarded as you found my posts remotely readable then it's all been worthwhile. I feel honoured that you took the time to type your message, running the risk of electrocution from the keyboard due to the dribble emanating from your window-licking mouth.

Ask an adult how to help you place people on ignore if you don't like their posts. I'm sure you know several.

I thought you had me on ignore?.. :rolleyes:

You really are a cretinous lump aren't you?

Weale 8 - Looking more confident, great to see

Naughton 6.5 - Played well apart from the header which could have turned the whole game

Hobbs 7 - Improving game by game, not sure if his odd mistake is more noticable because of how class Davies is

Davies 8 - Top dog in defence, we need to snap him up (at a bargain price hopefully)

Cunningham 8 - Tidy performance, pacey and intelligent

Abe 8 - Superb engine slick passing, good to see him in his prefered position

Wellens 8 - Wellen at his best bossing the midfield and moving it around well

King 8.5 - Master of being in the right place at the right time, fantastic legs still chasing everything to the final whistle

Gallagher 7 - Gave the ball away occasionally, but slots well to a team that can play nice football so deserved place

Vassell 8.5 - Ran them ragged just before he came off, think will prove to hot to handle when gets full match fitness in this league

Bednar 7.5 - For a player lacking in match fitness played very well, strong on the ball, Steve howard with a better touch and footballing brain, perfect for this league!

Waghorn 6 - Tried desperately hard to impress, needs to slow his game down a be more composed to fit into the style we play.

Could have beat them by more, in SVEN we trust!!

Can't breally be bothered to type out individual ratings but if I asy 8 for everynoe except for a few people.

Abe can have an 8.5 - just because I love the way he lobs himself about.

Wellens can have a 7.5 - yes i know everyone said he was brilliant etc but I lot count how many times the ball went sideways or backwards from his feet and it was pissing me off.

Gallagher can have a 5 - he annoys me more than any player i have seen in recent years. One flick in 10 works, he cant beat a player, his set pieces were pretty shit and he fooked up a decent chance. :frusty:

Weale can have 8.5, because he made 2 great saves and did nothing wrong, what more do you want?

Oh and Naughton needs knocknig downa bit no the marks because he was very quiet, didnt push forward and that header was pretty lapse.

Archived