Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackirius

Forest Player Ratings

think this is just about right. should have been there! amazing game.

Wish I was, i'll make a few when i'm back.

Interesting the different views on Vassell, I thought he was great and he looked dangerous. Maybe it just seems like he was really good because he was better than usual and it's surprising.

Interesting the different views on Vassell

I don't want to be harsh on him, this is the first time i've seen him in action. Felt he looked a bit panicky though, just not as comfortable as the rest of the team.

Anyone tell me who got motm? Think hobbs, davies, abe or wellens could have got it tbh. I'll givve it to richie :thumbup:

I don't want to be harsh on him, this is the first time i've seen him in action. Felt he looked a bit panicky though, just not as comfortable as the rest of the team.

Anyone tell me who got motm? Think hobbs, davies, abe or wellens could have got it tbh. I'll givve it to richie :thumbup:

I think he always looks a bit panicky, but for some reason the ball stuck to him quite well today and when he ran with it he looked good.

Wellens got man of the match tonight.

Yeah I would agree with you there, he tried doing some fancy footwork which never really paid off for him, but fair play to him he worked hard and helped get us that goal.

Weale - 9 - Two fantastic saves, one at 0-0 and one at 1-0, saved us two points tonight.

Naughton - 6 - Crazy Crazy header, not great going forward but did what he needed to at the back

Davies - 9 - Solid at the back, shame he couldn't get the goal

Hobbs - 8 - very well, lots of decent tackles in and around the box, and has earnshaw in his pocket

Cunningham - 8 - Great free kicks, did all he needed to at the back too

King - 8 - Good position for the goal, could have had more, another solid game for the lad

Abe - 9 - unsung hero of the game. The lad was everywhere, didn't stop running, so good touches and good balls, and filled in very well at the back

Wellens - 8 -Worked his ass off, controlled the midfield, need to watch his aggression still, but again, good game

Gallagher - 5 - I don't want to put a downer on anything, but it wasn't a great day, some poor freekicks, and seemed to just try the killer ball too often when no need.

Vassell - 7 - Alot better in the second half, got lucky for the goal, but that's what we need, should build on this

Bednar - 7 - Held the ball very well, very strong on the ball and going to be a powerhouse when he fully gets going

Well as long as he keeps doing something right, i'm ok.

That's alright then, wellens deserved it, bossed it and he seems like a different player under sven. No sign of these 'hollywood' balls everyone has moaned about over the last year, very economic in possession :trumpet:

Did anyone else think Vassel was below par tonight?

My thoughts?

That you wouldn't recognise a game of football if it turned up at your house at half past three in the morning asking to be hidden because it'd just killed a prostitute.

That kind of thing happens a lot by the way - my mate Gavin had Billericay Town and Great Wakering Rovers hiding in his wardrobe for seven weeks earlier this season.

Weale 8- Great saves, kicking a little bit off, but a great game seeing as he was meant to be on the bench.

Naughton 6.5 - Looked a little bit lazy, didn't come forward much, a few misplaced passes, and that backpass which Weale did well to cover, but is promising.

Hobbs 8- Great game, didn't do much wrong, and ran with the ball a bit aswell.

Davies 8.5- Bordering on a 9, got forward, a beast in defence, headers are brilliant, sign him please.

Cunningham 8- His chip freekicks were brilliant, defended very well. Like him a lot.

King 8 - Captain Fantastic, getting into brilliant positions.

Abe 9 - Awesome, played the simple ball, had the 2 CMs in his pocket. JUST LET HIM TAKE SET PIECES.

Wellens 9- Mr Everywhere, went hard, and brilliant.

Vassell 8- Great assist, started pretty poor, but improved so much, and got into the game really well.

Bednar 6.5- Wasn't hugely impressed, but he obviously needs match practice and to get fit. Did show some glimpses of what is to come.

Gallagher 7- Should've buried one or two, would've liked to have seen him take on the defence a bit more, instead of stopping and trying to find the pass. What he did, he did well.

SGE- 8, wanted to see Fryatt on instead of Howard and Waggy, just to try and get some form back. Dyer needed more time aswell.

Ramsey 8- He's gunna be a star player in this league, quality was oozing from him.

Did anyone else think Vassel was below par tonight? I know he hustled but he looked a bit like bambi on ice at times. I thought Gally and Bednar offered a lot more. Thoughts?

I thought he was poor in the first half. Better in the second, seemed more willing to run at them.

Bednar similar really. Wasn't strong enough overall but will offer more of a goal threat than Howard one would imagine.

Gallagher had a decent game overall but missed a good chance and his delivery was poor. Not his best game IMO.

Ratings from Forest fans:

Weale - Dirty diving cheat

Naughton - Dirty diving cheat

Davies - Dirty diving cheat

Hobbs - Dirty diving cheat

Cunningham - Dirty diving cheat

Abe - Dirty diving cheat

Wellens - DIRTY DIVING CHEAT

King - Dirty diving cheat

Vassell - Dirty diving cheat

Gallagher - Dirty diving cheat

Bednar - Dirty diving cheat

They seem a bit bitter for a bunch that don't care about us

Weale 8

Naughton 7 - Not at his best tonight but still decent

Davies 8 - Solid

Hobbs 8 - Ditto

Cunningham 8 - Some good crosses and defensively solid

Abe 8 - Tidied up, worked his arse off

Wellens 8 - Creative, hard-working

King 8 - Quality, looked a threat all night

Vassell 7.5 - Frustrating in the first half but came alive in the second

Bednar 6 - Slow and gave the ball away too much, he did lack support though

Gallagher 7 - Dyer has to replace Gally against Watford, I don't see what he offers other than wasting good chances

He didn't have a very good game tonight, but I'd find it hard to believe that you don't see what he offers if you saw the Derby game in particular.

I would have replaced Vassell with Dyer but as you say he was much improved in the second half.

My thoughts?

That you wouldn't recognise a game of football if it turned up at your house at half past three in the morning asking to be hidden because it'd just killed a prostitute.

That kind of thing happens a lot by the way - my mate Gavin had Billericay Town and Great Wakering Rovers hiding in his wardrobe for seven weeks earlier this season.

Oh how we chortled at the great gags!! :rolleyes:

Did anyone else think Vassel was below par tonight? I know he hustled but he looked a bit like bambi on ice at times. I thought Gally and Bednar offered a lot more. Thoughts?

Vassel didn't have the same backup on the right side wich made it hard to go forward. When he changed side he got plenty options and could use it against the defence. Gally panicked a few times ....

How about Vassel and Dyer at the same time?

Oh how we chortled at the great gags!! :rolleyes:

If someone as retarded as you found my posts remotely readable then it's all been worthwhile. I feel honoured that you took the time to type your message, running the risk of electrocution from the keyboard due to the dribble emanating from your window-licking mouth.

Ask an adult how to help you place people on ignore if you don't like their posts. I'm sure you know several.

If someone as retarded as you found my posts remotely readable then it's all been worthwhile. I feel honoured that you took the time to type your message, running the risk of electrocution from the keyboard due to the dribble emanating from your window-licking mouth.

Ask an adult how to help you place people on ignore if you don't like their posts. I'm sure you know several.

lol

Weale 8 Showed just why we dont need Kirkland and all his injury woes. If it aint broke why fix it?

Naughton 6 Off night by his standards, still streets ahead of anyone else we have at right back.

Hobbs 7 Seems to have re-gained some confidence. Playing alongside Davies is proving to be an education for him.

Davies 9 Absolute class. Run our defence and drives the ball forward from the back with accuracy and purpose.

Cunningham 7 Did his job, Sven was urging him to get forward more, overall thumbs up.

King 9 The ability he has cannot be taught. He has god given timing and awareness. I shudder to think where we would be without him.

Abe 8 Happy to eat my words. He is fast becoming a very useful addition to the team.

Wellens 9 The engine room of the team. Every team needs a Wellens, simply superb.

Vassell 7.5 Quiet first half, sensational second half until he ran out of puff. Needs to get fully match fit asap.

Bednar 7 A younger quicker Howard. Once he gets fully match sharp will be THE striker we have been looking for.

Gallagher 7 Did his job if corners and free kicks were wayward tonight. Gets himself involved, finds the ball and keeps himself open to receive. Overall had a decent game.

You can now see Sven's master-plan coming together. If we can acquire Davies and Bednar in January I can only see the upward trend continuing.

The marks for Bednar are unfair. Agreed, early on his touches were wayward, but as the game progressed he was finding players with his headers and laying the ball into feet. Not least he nearly set King up for Goal number two. He caused their central defenders problems all night getting them booked. The biggest thing for me was that when Steve Howard came on, he DIDN'T do those things as well as Bednar.

Also, Vassell in the 2nd half was very good. He commited defenders, he did setup the goal and nearly scored!! Dyer coming on after 70 minutes removed that outlet for us. I think all in all, the signings that Sven has made are an improvement on the "current crop". If we continue to play like this all season, Play-offs are almost a certainty.

Weale - 8 Solid. Still think you've got to be in denial to not see Kirkland as an improvement, mind, though I admit it's harsh on him.

Naughton - 6 Bit quiet, really. But then our game plan largely lacked width, particularly in the first half.

Hobbs - 7 Strong, solid, no nonsense. Wouldn't say they "never looked like scoring" but we certainly looked the better for he and Davies.

Davies - 8. Unit. Simple as, complete and total unit. Easily my favourite of our loanees.

Cunningham - 7 Got more action than Naughton and probably dealt with it a bit better. Same issue in regards pushing forward, though.

King - 8 Brilliant movement for the goal and could have had a second with a great run. Didn't seem to vanish so much in the battle today, either.

Abe - 8 I think the Abe fan club can feel somewhat vindicated by now! Another solid, simple display - was throwing his body into challenges by the end. Pretty sure it was his through ball up for Bednar that lead to the goal, too.

Wellens - MOTM One of the best games I can remember Wellens having. Seemed to be literally everywhere without lacking purpose and didn't seem to let the occasion go to his head.

Vassell - 7.5 Would easily have been my MOTM if he'd played consistently for 90 minutes. Not sure if it's confidence or what but he lacked any real hustle in the first half, looked a bit slow and unfit. Stunning second half, mind. If he keeps that up he'll be a great capture - seemed to have more joy once he came a bit more central.

Bednar - 7.5 I'm honestly aghast at anyone accusing him of being slow. Years of watching Steve Howard and we think Roman Bednar is slow? Of course he's not Usain Bolt, he's a big-ass unit. But for a big-ass unit he's got a hell of a lot of mobility. He's rusty and he'll need game time to sharpen up but he looked good and - I'm sorry - but we wouldn't have scored the goal without his contribution. He RAN (take note, Steve) on to a through ball, held it up, waited for support... and we scored! What else do you want from a target man!?

Gallagher - 7 Busy, at least, one of his "up" games. I think he's symptomatic of our lack of width, though. I'd rather see Dyer (or someone else) out there. Hard to be critical when he's played relatively well and we've looked fairly good but we struggled to break them down in the first half and that was largely why. Missed a sitter, too.

Weale 7.5 - 2 fantastic saves and his all round positioning and organising was as good as anything we saw of him last season. Kirkland's arrival has made him pull his finger out. Good.

Naughton 6 - Looked a bit careless and lazy at times last night, perhaps he should have been wearing a snood to keep him warm. Made atones for his header though by chipping over a fantastic cross to Bednar whose header back across was only just behind King and that would have been a stunning team goal.

Davies 8.5 - If Tunchev looked worlds apart in League One against certain opposition, then Davies is doing the same in the Championship at times. He was colossal last night, even if Forest were devoid of much invention.

Hobbs 7.5 - Much more commanding than earlier in the season. Played the ball out of defence well, made some quality blocks and clearances. Yes, Jackie!

Cunningham 7 - Solid display. His free-kicks caused panic amongst their defence and he was equally good in defence as he was in getting forward.

Vassell 7.5 - Flashes of brilliance, raw pace and the unpredictability of what he was going to do next. I feel he should be used in a more central role as much as possible, even though he is getting some joy down the right as well. Unlucky not to score.

King 9 - Put on a white lab coat, give him a test tube and get him to create 10 more of him. His run through the middle that led to him being sythed down by them in the 1st half was the first sign of things to come. His goal was typical of King, ghosting in and being unmarked to prod home, Forest couldn't handle him and neither can many teams. I just hope teams can't wise up to his movement, they seem incapable of tracking him. The run and curling effort in the 2nd half would have capped off a stunning display. Hero.

Abe 8 - Goes about his business with ease, his man marking is impressive and his engine is relentless. Probably the key ingredient to the Wellens, Abe and King central 3 because he allows the other 2 to do what they do best.

Wellens 8.5 - was bang up for it from the off. I thought first half he was a bit frustrating in the final third and wasted several good opportunities we had created, but 2nd half he was everywhere and drove us to victory. Very impressed with him of late.

Gallagher 7 - Standard Gally. Quality control and always offered an outlet. I can't decide if i'd rather have Dyer in there ahead of him but Gallagher brings different qualities.

Bednar 7 - Decent debut. brings far more agility to the team than Howard and he seems to be better at aiming his flick-ons to our other players. he faded a bit towards the end but was crucial to some of our best play. I sense he'll be a big asset for us, if we can sign him permanently then we should do.

Subs:

Dyer 6.5 - Helped us close the game out with some width and pace. I wish we could find a place for him from the start but it's difficult right now.

Howard 6.5 - Should have scored. Camp made a great save, but King had put hat on a plate for him and he whacked it straight at the goalie. Still a great impact player for us.

Waghorn N/A

Weale 7 - Couple of flappy moments but some good shot stopping and worthy of a clean sheet.

Naughton 6 - Quieter than I might have expected, some sloppy play, but solid enough to atone for his error.

Davies 7.5 - Thought there was a hint of complacency in some of his play in the first half, but he still made it look easy.

Hobbs 7.5 - Solid all game long, no-nonsense.

Cunningham 7 - Consistently tidy all game, in attack and defence.

Abe 7.5 - Everywhere all game long, so good at winning back possession - indeed the only consistent way we ever let Forest past the midfield was when he got a bit overenthusiastic, pressed high up the pitch and missed his block. Still a very effective performance though.

Wellens 8 - Very impressive, particularly second half. Thought he ran the show tonight.

King 8 - Tidy in possession, skilled at getting into the right positions for 90 minutes without tiring, making him a deadly attacking threat. A couple of runs at the defence, not something I'd overly associate with him, but looks a man full of confidence, and ready for a higher challenge.

Vassell 7.5 - Hard working all game long, his close control ranged from wayward to world-class. Lucky with the goal, but his willingness to confront the Forest backline was something they really struggled with.

Bednar 7 - Thought he looked a right donkey in the first half, but settled into the game to show that he has the potential to be the more mobile focal point we require.

Gallagher 7 - Frustrating, some of his control and movement was just brilliant, but then he just has a knack of cocking up at the worst moment, particularly in front of goal. A creative influence nonetheless - although it's time he was removed from set piece duty.

Subs did fine, maintained the momentum. A good choice from Sven not to make too many significant changes to our play - we were in control, particularly second half.

Weale - 7.5 - Greatly improved from recent weeks - upping his game to keep hold of the starting spot now he has real competition for it?

Naughton - 6

Davies - 7.5

Hobbs - 7.5

Cunningham - 7

King - 8.5

Abe - 8.5

Wellens - 8.5

Gallagher - 7

Vassell - 7

Bednar - 6.5 - first half it was pretty clear he hasn't played much recently, 2nd half was an improvement

Archived