Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Which music is worst when it's bad?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Style of Music Grates the Most When It's Done Bad.

• Dance
    • R&B
    • Country and Western
    • Heavy Metal
    • Rock
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Folk
    • Electronica
    • Rap
    • Other

I've always been a proponent that there is good in all styles of music and I have very diverse musical tastes. But the reverse applies.

I was listening to one of my fellow Rogues Radio DJ the other night playing a Country and Western set... and he was playing all the kind of Country and Western music that I think gives C&W music a bad name (the popular commercial stuuf that implies loving your sister, being upset about your mule and lets all dance like a chicken), when there is actually a lot of good stuff.

So for me, when Country and Western is bad, it's REALLY bad! Closely followed by Heavy Metal, then probably R&B.

I'm not asking which music genre you don't like - it has to be music you would like, but frequently hear done in an annoying fashion.

I've not included alternative music in the list cos ultimately alternative music is either alt-pop, alt-rock, alt-dance... just consider it to be part of the main genres. Heck, it might be the alt versions that annoy you! As for indie music, I'll say it for the hundredth time, it's not a genre.

Tough one as I think all different genres can be as bad/as good as each other on a given day but I voted pop because I think chart-type music is probably the worst, and there's a reason for it.

With stuff like heavy metal, screamo etc the market is very niche, and I think generally speaking people either like the genre as a whole or don't. If you don't like anything heavy, you'll think it's all rubbish. Whereas with more generic music such as poppy stuff, the market is so much bigger that it's harder for something to appeal to absolutely no-one, and so in a way if it's bad pop music, it's really bad.

I hope that makes sense :blink:

has to be rap music for me - there are so few really original talents, and so much soundalike, egotistical wank. perhaps because it is so dependant on lyrical content a lot of 'artists don't think enough about the tracking and when the lyrics are bad....

:rolleyes: This thread isn't about country music.

"Which Style of Music Grates the Most When It's Done Bad?"

"hard to answer.. as there is NO good country music at any time"

Not my finest hour granted, but this was intended as a mildy humurous comment as to my thoughts on C&W music and the fact that whether it is done well or badly is mostly irrelevant.

Can't believe in this thread of all threads she's not been mentioned yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

That is awful! Someone was telling me about it the other day but this is the first time I've heard it. She can't even sing!

I used to quite like dance music, but it's starting to do my head in now. Every time they bring out a new Clubland CD it just gets worse and worse. How is bloody N-Dubz, etc being classed as dance music? :dunno:

Can't believe in this thread of all threads she's not been mentioned yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

but THAT kind of music is bad on every level, there are no good examples of it.... so it doesn't fit the criteria requested---

"Which Style of Music Grates the Most When It's Done Bad?"

"hard to answer.. as there is NO good country music at any time"

Not my finest hour granted, but this was intended as a mildy humurous comment as to my thoughts on C&W music and the fact that whether it is done well or badly is mostly irrelevant.

check out willie nelson or ray charles or glen campbell, loads of really fine country artists..

Archived