Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

Sir Gary being sued!

Harry Kewell - shit at football and clearly a shit in general.

Oh bugger, is that defamatory?  :ph34r:

120601[/snapback]

It will get thrown out of court - I dislike Kewell even more now!

Try this one

120595[/snapback]

Yay it works cheers love!! :thumbup:

i heard about this months back but didn't think anything would come of it but it is a bit of a shocknow it looks like happpenin!! :o

120606[/snapback]

Its ok love! Aol is quite clearly shit.

Attention seeker who can't make the back so has a tab at making the front page.

Besides if it offending him so much why force it to be gurgitated by the public by bringing this case.

I bet the agent helped a little, err 10% of any damages but no obligation to pay for the costs.

:oSo if every time one of us shout abuse at a player we can be sued?

IMO, Sir Gary is entitles to his opinion and he did nothing wrong.

Bloody Kewell  :mad:

120846[/snapback]

The written words and the spoken words are worlds apart ;)

I would like to know what Lineker said (a link to the original article, or even a brief comment about Lineker's article) would be quite helpful, and how it did offend Kewell?

I don't wish to pass judgment before I know the facts but it would help if Kewell actually made reference to the 'offending' passage.

:oSo if every time one of us shout abuse at a player we can be sued?

IMO, Sir Gary is entitles to his opinion and he did nothing wrong.

Bloody Kewell  :mad:

120846[/snapback]

The written words and the spoken words are worlds apart ;)

I would like to know what Lineker said (a link to the original article, or even a brief comment about Lineker's article) would be quite helpful, and how it did offend Kewell?

I don't wish to pass judgment before I know the facts but it would help if Kewell actually made reference to the 'offending' passage.

120850[/snapback]

Not strictly true. The laws covering defamation refer to both spoken (slander) and written/published (libel) words. However, it is much more difficult to prove slander.

Also the defamation has be so that it could injure someones career or reputation. So if Lineker has said something that could potentially prevent Kewell from getting transfers to other clubs, for example, then he may well be in breach of the defamation laws. That is, if what he said was proved to be untrue ie not 'fair comment'.

"The allegations are serious and you will hear from him how much they hurt and affected him and how, after due consideration, he decided he could not let them pass and must try to get them withdrawn."

How long has it taken him to reach this conclusion? I hope he's not been having sleepless nights over it!!

"The allegations are serious and you will hear from him how much they hurt and affected him and how, after due consideration, he decided he could not let them pass and must try to get them withdrawn."

How long has it taken him to reach this conclusion? I hope he's not been having sleepless nights over it!!

120962[/snapback]

Might explain soem of his performances!

Archived