Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Karljohn

Season ticket match upgrades

Popped down to the ticket office to sort ot a ST for my dad who is a senior, and for the two previous years the ticket has been shared by him and my missus, as she works most saturdays.

Last couple of seasons the matchday ticket upgrade from senior to adult has been £4 and £8 for platinum matches, so after doing 90% of the job today I casually enquired to Jim in the TO how much is the upgrade this year, a fiver and a tenner for platinum?

Was told its £21 for gold games! unbelievable, apparantly its all down to the new "system"...

So if any of you upgrade prepare to be rinsed in the pocket, im now emailing the club to complain and will probably end up buying an Adult ST instead because even if the missus goes to 6 games, it will work out cheaper.

God only knows what the price is to go from U18 to adult.

I had a similar experience.

My Father in law, who is a senior season ticket holder, is currently in hospital and we expect him to be there for some time. God knows when he'll make a city game again.

He doesn't want to give up his seat but I went to the ticket office on Friday afternoon and paid £17 to upgrade his ticket for yesterdays game. I thought it was expensive but I paid up and didn't complain.

I can't commit to going to every game and after yesterdays performance i'm not sure I want to! :cry:

I was being upfront and honest with the club, I just came away with a sour taste in my mouth. I like going to the odd game, but i'd prefer it much more for my Father in Law to be using the ticket right now but that's not going to happen.

Like you it would probably work out cheaper just to upgrade the season ticket over 6 games or so, but I would be happier going down on a game by game basis.

I know i'm not the season ticket holder but you think his loyalty over the years would count for something.

I'll drop the club a email but I doubt much will come of it.

When the electronic system is working for the season tickets you are better off just trying to get away with it and dont upgrade the ticket.

To be fair I have never upgraded my childrens ticket for my wife in the past. We just walk up, get the season ticket out at the turnstile and say 'Dam picked up the wrong ticket from home'

They have just let us in and said dont worry about it. There has been occasions where she has just handed it in and they have not said anything to her at all

Guest MattP

I have never upgraded, just walk through, no one ever says anything.

I dont care people think it's theft, its an absolute disgrace what they charge.

Just a quick update, I rang the club this afternoon, and it appears that they have had a few complaints about the ridiculous cost of upgrading, and a meeting took place which has now resulted in an upgrade from senior to adult being set at £3 which I think is cheaper than last year.

I have also had an email from the club stating that it was a "software issue" on the new system that calculated such prices, and this has now been rectified.

I have never upgraded, just walk through, no one ever says anything.

I dont care people think it's theft, its an absolute disgrace what they charge.

Completely with you on this. We all pour enough money in anyway so might aswell get a cheap one every now and then.

My 'friend' *cough* used his 12 year old female cousins season ticket for 2 months at a few years ago.

Guest MattP

I used by brothers under 22 one a few times, you would have to be a total idiot to walk in and pay more to be honest, one game I forgot my season ticket and just put a tenner in the turnstile and told him, he took it and let me in....

I used by brothers under 22 one a few times, you would have to be a total idiot to walk in and pay more to be honest, one game I forgot my season ticket and just put a tenner in the turnstile and told him, he took it and let me in....

I told you to keep that quite, I could lose my job now!!:ph34r:

Just a quick update, I rang the club this afternoon, and it appears that they have had a few complaints about the ridiculous cost of upgrading, and a meeting took place which has now resulted in an upgrade from senior to adult being set at £3 which I think is cheaper than last year.

I have also had an email from the club stating that it was a "software issue" on the new system that calculated such prices, and this has now been rectified.

anyone know how much it will now cost to updgrade a Junior ST to an adult for a game?

anyone know how much it will now cost to updgrade a Junior ST to an adult for a game?

I upgraded my daughters ticket for a mate for teh Derby home game and it was £27.60! Ok seems a lot but when explained I can understand where they are coming from. They divide the cost of my daughters ticket by teh number of home games so roughly (very roughly as i am at work that is £89.00 divided by 23 games = £4.30 credit per game. They take this figure off the cost of the relevant seat and hey presto you have your price. My prices arent exact but give you a clue.

Archived