Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
me_plus_one

Birthday ticket offers

Hi everyone,

Due to various reasons, I attend a few select home games per season.

For the past few years I have recieved both a letter and an email 2 weeks before my birthday offering me cheap matchday tickets for two specified home games around the time of my birthday date.

It has been my birthday this week, and I have recieved nothing at all this year. Just curious as to why.

Could it be because of all the problems with moving the ticket office around and the club in general having season ticket problems.

I would have thought this would all be computer automated given the amount of people it would be sent out to.

I have not phoned the ticket office to ask becuase I dont want to sound like i'm begging but it would be nice to get to see city and im sure that we are not at sell out yet.

Love to hear some thoughts.

I too recieved the e-mail this week for the soton game, really want to take my wife but keep my seats in the family stand and upgrade an under 8's seat (as the child cannot make it) to an adult seat but paying the £15 birtday offer. The guys in the ticket office would not allow it saying i need to sit in the 'just the ticket' seats'. So i now cannot take my wife as we are not prepared to pay £23 to upgrade our seat, surely the club would welcome an additional £15? aswell as keeping loyal fans happy by letting us keep our seats, yet still having extra 'just the ticket' seat for sale should they need it.....Really do not understand their stance sometimes.

Guest MattP

Just ring up and say its your birthday anyway, they dont even check.

Done it 2/3 times in the past. Once in April and my birthday is December.

It astounds me how many people on here just moan about how incompetent the ticket office is and do nothing, soon as I realised how bad they were I've used it to my advantage.

Guest MattP

Might try that next time.

What are the prices for Under 18's under the offer?

No idea, they varied on different birthday letters I got, some were £10, some 12 some 18.......I was pissed once and just rang up and quoted £14 myself. They actually did them. It's amazing what you can get away with if you try.

They probably have the attitude down there now its either £15odd quid or an empty seat.

No idea, they varied on different birthday letters I got, some were £10, some 12 some 18.......I was pissed once and just rang up and quoted £14 myself. They actually did them. It's amazing what you can get away with if you try.

They probably have the attitude down there now its either £15odd quid or an empty seat.

Not for me they didnt.......see my post above

there really set on filling them corners of the west stand for some reason..

birthday offers now only in there.

grass roots tickets now only in there

memberships now only in there..

anyone whos had the email does it say all the prices on there??

I got my email on Tuesday for the soton game I was. Quoted £8 under 18s

£15 adults

£10 under 22

£8 seniors

cheers. did it mention kids? was wondering what the situation was with the under 8s.. as in family stand it was free but if you now have to sit in the west stand do you need to pay the £5 kid price :dunno:

could end up dearer than usual with 3 kids going...

Right I got the senior price wrong seniors are £15 with adults and under 12s are £5 ;) so it's fairly ridiculous that you are spending £15 for 3 kids in the WS when you can get them all in for nothing in the FS

• 2 months later...

Do they check you're actually legitimate for the offer... or just be lazy and assume you're telling the truth (provided you ring up on phone) .... or can you 'make a person up' if they ask and hope they accept it?

• 10 months later...

Does the club still offer Birthday discounts? I have got them in previous years and my birthday is close, yet no offer as yet...

They did last season, I got an offer for the West Ham game I recall (my birthday is in May, so it's always last game of the season for me)... Never take up the offers though because I've got a ST, and usually seem to be in certain area's.

I haven't had a birthday offer this year, either, despite always getting them in the past.

The club just doesn't love me anymore :cry:

(I'm probably not their 'ideal' demographic!) :/

Archived