Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thewarmanator

Euro 2012 - anyone going?

Any fellow foxes going to make the journey to Poland/Ukraine for the Euros?

Iv just managed to get my hands on tickets for 3 games on UEFA's website

Yes mate i'm going with a few lads. Just got back from Bulgaria on Monday, went to the qualifier. I have to say you meet all sorts out there and EVERYONE gets on. Spent most of my time with Forest, Cov and Barrow AFC fans, had such a laugh. It's more about the atmosphere than the actual match itself.

I'll be going Euro 2012 with or without tickets as I'm confident I could get one out there (after speaking to all the fans in Sofia). Can't wait until December 2nd to see where we are so I can put my plans into action!

Yes mate i'm going with a few lads. Just got back from Bulgaria on Monday, went to the qualifier. I have to say you meet all sorts out there and EVERYONE gets on. Spent most of my time with Forest, Cov and Barrow AFC fans, had such a laugh. It's more about the atmosphere than the actual match itself.

I'll be going Euro 2012 with or without tickets as I'm confident I could get one out there (after speaking to all the fans in Sofia). Can't wait until December 2nd to see where we are so I can put my plans into action!

Yeah the atmosphere will be amazing. Its a shame UEFA are cack handed and sell their tickets before the draw has been made but iv got tickets to 2 matches in Donetsk and one in Kiev. Fingers crossed at least one of them are England!

Well lads as soon as the draw is made on December 2nd I'll be posting a big thread with details of travelling around the countries, prices and the time it will take etc. As I've been looking at it for the last year so hopefully it will come in handy for a lot of you!

Yeah the atmosphere will be amazing. Its a shame UEFA are cack handed and sell their tickets before the draw has been made but iv got tickets to 2 matches in Donetsk and one in Kiev. Fingers crossed at least one of them are England!

To be fair they did offer a 'follow your team' option but its balloted and of cause I didn't get any. I will apply through englandfans but again the likelyhood that i'll get any tickets is about 5%. There will be plenty of chances to get tickets out there, and if we get through the group stage then all you have to do is go to a local stadium to buy tickets for the quarters.

To be fair they did offer a 'follow your team' option but its balloted and of cause I didn't get any. I will apply through englandfans but again the likelyhood that i'll get any tickets is about 5%. There will be plenty of chances to get tickets out there, and if we get through the group stage then all you have to do is go to a local stadium to buy tickets for the quarters.

Ah right. I have tickets for one quarter final already so im hoping we get drawn in group 3 and finish top or group 4 and finish 2nd!

I am planning on going to this. I want to book travel and accomodation as soon as possible but when does info get released on when and where nations will be based? I know they can't do this until after qualifying but just some pre-warning for me to look out for.

I am planning on going to this. I want to book travel and accomodation as soon as possible but when does info get released on when and where nations will be based? I know they can't do this until after qualifying but just some pre-warning for me to look out for.

Reckon it will be after the draw 2nd December

Should get them through englandfans I suspect.

Didn't sell out for any match in SA and not been taking much more than 5/6k fans to away games these days.

Only problem with this option is they are so hard to get hold of, and it can cost a small fortune travelling around! I'd like to think I could make it to the Ukraine for a week (coming from Texas) but will more likely spend a week in England and soak up the atmosphere there (not quite the same but a big step up from the atmosphere ie none in Dallas !!).

Good luck! Hopefully you're as lucky as we were in 2004. Applied for B1 vs B2 and ended up with England France. Was ecstatic as you can imagine, then when we arrive in the stadium we're sat 3 rows behind the England dugout, and Posh Spice is sat around 20 rows back ! No word of a lie, it was the most ridiculous amount of luck i've ever had in my life, and probably ever will have !!!

Well I've sorted out train prices etc for poland at the moment, the maximum price to travel across poland on the train is £22 and the journeys are up to 9-10hrs (you get a bed). Just gotta sort travel across ukraine incase we are based there (but flying will probably be the cheapest/best). If all city fans want to meet out there at a certain place/time would be a good idea. If theres a few of you, chip in and get a big flag, we've got one with the city badge on that we take everywhere.

Like I say once the groups are drawn on December 2nd I shall post up all the documents i've made about train travel within the countries, cheapest flights to each major city and other details like the best hostels for each city (and their prices).

Would be great to have a good contingent from city going out there because believe me the atmosphere is electric, such good banter, DEFINITELY something you would never forget!

P.S I hope we get drawn ball D2, as that is the cheapest ball as we are in Donetsk all the way to the final in Kyiv (aslong as we win the group). Failing that we want to be based in Poland as it seems to be cheaper there and theres not as far between the host cities.

If you have any questions for me, fire away!

If any of you LADs want to get revved up for this, then watch the documentary filmed by Kevin Allen for Italia 90. If you've read All Played Out as well by Pete Davies then you'll love this documentary, likewise One Night in Turin.

There's 12 parts to it, but well worth the watch. Each part appears after the previous one has finished.

Well iv worked out accomodation, flights, trains etc and flights to Kiev arent too expensive if we play in Kiev and the furthest away from there we will play in Ukraine is Donetsk which is another 100 quid by air or £30 by 10 hour train! but apparently a high speed line should make it 5 hours.

Accomodation wise, hotels in Donetsk do not exist lol so i am either camping (6000 spaces in a special site for euro 2012) there or getting an apartment.

All in all for 11 nights in apartments in Kiev and Donetsk and 3 flights its costing around £900 which isnt bad!

Well iv worked out accomodation, flights, trains etc and flights to Kiev arent too expensive if we play in Kiev and the furthest away from there we will play in Ukraine is Donetsk which is another 100 quid by air or £30 by 10 hour train! but apparently a high speed line should make it 5 hours.

Accomodation wise, hotels in Donetsk do not exist lol so i am either camping (6000 spaces in a special site for euro 2012) there or getting an apartment.

All in all for 11 nights in apartments in Kiev and Donetsk and 3 flights its costing around £900 which isnt bad!

Nice one mate, that sounds decent. Throw in say a ton a day for swiggin' and giggin' and you've got the trip of a lifetime for £2000. It's a yes from me.

how many caps you got? I've got 25 I think. Should be ok for s group game at least

how many caps you got? I've got 25 I think. Should be ok for s group game at least

Shouldn't come down to caps, bar the final I suspect. I'm only on 14 but hopefully will be OK - don't do the home games anymore.

Even so, there will be more than enough out there for sale on the day, probably at under face value.

Well I've sorted out train prices etc for poland at the moment, the maximum price to travel across poland on the train is £22 and the journeys are up to 9-10hrs (you get a bed). Just gotta sort travel across ukraine incase we are based there (but flying will probably be the cheapest/best). If all city fans want to meet out there at a certain place/time would be a good idea. If theres a few of you, chip in and get a big flag, we've got one with the city badge on that we take everywhere.

Like I say once the groups are drawn on December 2nd I shall post up all the documents i've made about train travel within the countries, cheapest flights to each major city and other details like the best hostels for each city (and their prices).

Would be great to have a good contingent from city going out there because believe me the atmosphere is electric, such good banter, DEFINITELY something you would never forget!

P.S I hope we get drawn ball D2, as that is the cheapest ball as we are in Donetsk all the way to the final in Kyiv (aslong as we win the group). Failing that we want to be based in Poland as it seems to be cheaper there and theres not as far between the host cities.

If you have any questions for me, fire away!

How big and how much is the "big flag"

Archived