Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thewarmanator

Euro 2012 - anyone going?

Yeah same as World Cup mate but it all depends on how many caps you have. It's a lottery so I wouldn't get your hopes up!

I know. I think I'll have enough. I'm currently in the top 10% of cap holders. I can't remember how many are dished out to the higher cap owners, though my mate with a bit of experience at this thinks 26 caps will be borderline. If I'm below the required amount, it is indedd as you say, a lottery.

We're looking at either flying to prague then flying out to where the game will be played, or flying to Gdansk or Lodz and staying in one of theose areas.

If not I'll book a trip with sport ops or the like. Much less hassle

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit mate haha bit of a pain that the 2nd group game is in Donetsk though as I now have to go there twice

Theres an overnight train from Kiev - Donetsk which is about £15 but is a 16hr journey. If you want to save on cash, that's probably your best bet. I've booked an apartment from the start to the quarters in donetsk (if we finish runner up we play there) and also booked a hostel in kiev for a couple of days for the sweden game. All in all £150 each up until the quarters aint bad. If the quarters are in Kiev we'll just go to the campsite thats there so i'm sorted.

Can't WAIT!

Theres an overnight train from Kiev - Donetsk which is about £15 but is a 16hr journey. If you want to save on cash, that's probably your best bet. I've booked an apartment from the start to the quarters in donetsk (if we finish runner up we play there) and also booked a hostel in kiev for a couple of days for the sweden game. All in all £150 each up until the quarters aint bad. If the quarters are in Kiev we'll just go to the campsite thats there so i'm sorted.

Can't WAIT!

Yeah but 16 hours on a train?? I need to see how you book the high speed one that hasnt been built.

I'm getting a flight from Donetsk to Kiev so I'm going to both quarters.

Iv got an apartment right near the stadium in Kiev from the 14th to 25 so I'm sorted!

Yeah but 16 hours on a train?? I need to see how you book the high speed one that hasnt been built.

I'm getting a flight from Donetsk to Kiev so I'm going to both quarters.

Iv got an apartment right near the stadium in Kiev from the 14th to 25 so I'm sorted!

Yeah the high speed train gets from Donetsk to Kiev in 5 and a half hours which is brilliant but like you said, it's not built yet! Looking at £30 for the journey aswel which isn't bad.

Yeah the high speed train gets from Donetsk to Kiev in 5 and a half hours which is brilliant but like you said, it's not built yet! Looking at £30 for the journey aswel which isn't bad.

It's cheap but each train will only have 600 seats meaning it will be hard to get a ticket.

If found a return flight for £125 that I'm seriously considering booking

I'm assuming with England being based in Krakow that there'll be a fair amount of fans going there to mix with them and watch them train etc. Will there be fan zones in Krakow?

I think i'm going to make my way down to Kiev for the Sweden game and then get the train from there back to London. Takes about 3 days to get back, haha. Will be insane though.

We'll stay in Krakow for the France game, maybe go to L'viv for the Germany v Portugal game as that's only 200 miles away and maybe sneak in Ireland v Spain on the Thursday in Gdansk if we don't get down to Kiev for the Sweden game.

The more i'm reading about Ukraine the more i'm pretty glad we'll be holed up in the watering holes of Krakow, which are sensational.

Cheers. Don't fancy these campsites. Our flight home dictates that we need to be at the airport for 4am the day after the france game. I don't fancy having to find transport back to the campsite then back to the airport at those times.

Given my experience of eastern Europe I also wouldn't trust the 24hr security and sod getting trains cross country!

Know a couple of city fans who've booked those university digs. Ideal, though minimum stay is 3 nights, we need two

booked this...

Student Hostel of Pedagogical College

Donetsk, Donetsk , Shevchenko bul., 43 Map

The hostel is located in Kalininskiy district. It lies 2 km away from the city centre. The nearest airport is 22 km away and the stadium 1 km far. The bus station is 5 km far from the hotel. +Info

Room type

Board

Person(s)

Total price

Pay on-line

Room 1

twin standard-shared bath

room only

Adults 2, Children 0

66.63€

Room 2

twin standard-shared bath

room only

Adults 2, Children 0

66.63€

total

133.26€

on this site

http://whitelabels.hotelopia.com/results.aspx

1 more of these available

For the people asking about Donetsk camping see the link below.

I have no idea how trust worthy this person is but they will book it for you for 20 euros and then the applicable daily fee

http://www.adorableland.com/donetsk-camping-park-reservation

Just had my reply through in case anyone has seen my questions..

Hello Stuart,

There is no Donetsk camping park official website and no one is going to create it as it is one-time project. As for me, I can just help you to reserve a place in the camping as our authority don’t care how football fan will reserve a place in the camping park without official site for booking. My fee is 20 Euro.

If you agree, I'll send you the documents that are necessary for reservation.I can’t say the final price as the cost is depending on prepayment and the day of payment. Please, find prices here http://www.adorableland.com/donetsk-camping-park-reservation

“would we be able to check into the site at about 2300?” I can tell you about this tomorrow.

‘How easy is it to get taxis or other transport into donetsk, or are there coaches being laid on to get people into town?” Usually it is easy to take a taxi. I’m sure taxi drivers will wait for you in the airport. For sure, it will be a lot of tourist in Donetsk, so local authorities will add additional transport.

Kind Regards,

Marina.

Don't know whether to believe this or not, it is eastern Europe afterall

I'm assuming with England being based in Krakow that there'll be a fair amount of fans going there to mix with them and watch them train etc. Will there be fan zones in Krakow?

I think i'm going to make my way down to Kiev for the Sweden game and then get the train from there back to London. Takes about 3 days to get back, haha. Will be insane though.

We'll stay in Krakow for the France game, maybe go to L'viv for the Germany v Portugal game as that's only 200 miles away and maybe sneak in Ireland v Spain on the Thursday in Gdansk if we don't get down to Kiev for the Sweden game.

The more i'm reading about Ukraine the more i'm pretty glad we'll be holed up in the watering holes of Krakow, which are sensational.

I'd be very suprised to be honest.

Just had my reply through in case anyone has seen my questions..

Hello Stuart,

There is no Donetsk camping park official website and no one is going to create it as it is one-time project. As for me, I can just help you to reserve a place in the camping as our authority don’t care how football fan will reserve a place in the camping park without official site for booking. My fee is 20 Euro.

If you agree, I'll send you the documents that are necessary for reservation.I can’t say the final price as the cost is depending on prepayment and the day of payment. Please, find prices here http://www.adorableland.com/donetsk-camping-park-reservation

“would we be able to check into the site at about 2300?” I can tell you about this tomorrow.

‘How easy is it to get taxis or other transport into donetsk, or are there coaches being laid on to get people into town?” Usually it is easy to take a taxi. I’m sure taxi drivers will wait for you in the airport. For sure, it will be a lot of tourist in Donetsk, so local authorities will add additional transport.

Kind Regards,

Marina.

Don't know whether to believe this or not, it is eastern Europe afterall

I had the same response and thought the same to be honest although the web site doesn't look like a setup to rip people off quickly. Maybe worth the gamble!

Iv booked flights from Kiev to donetsk return for 130 quid now as I can't be doing with waiting for the train to be built

I had the same response and thought the same to be honest although the web site doesn't look like a setup to rip people off quickly. Maybe worth the gamble!

Iv booked flights from Kiev to donetsk return for 130 quid now as I can't be doing with waiting for the train to be built

What day do you arrive in donetsk then? Unless you're part of the two other groups of city fans going on the same dates as us, there should be quite a few blue army!

edit- I'm sure there was an official site for that camping place. I really don't fancy it though, can't be bothered travelling to and from all the time, especially when some of the lads want to be out looking for tickets the night before the game

What day do you arrive in donetsk then? Unless you're part of the two other groups of city fans going on the same dates as us, there should be quite a few blue army!

edit- I'm sure there was an official site for that camping place. I really don't fancy it though, can't be bothered travelling to and from all the time, especially when some of the lads want to be out looking for tickets the night before the game

Im flying in at about 10am then after the game heading straight to the airport. I might spend an extra day in Donetsk the day before the quarter final but it looks like their isn't much to do there.

Out of interest is anyone who will be in Kiev planning to go to Chernobyl?

Archived