Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thewarmanator

Euro 2012 - anyone going?

I might visit Chernobyl.. Not much to see though ;)

Theres 5 of us who arrive in Donetsk on 9th June - 13th, then train to Kiev for 3 nights then train back to Donetsk for another 8 nights then see what happens after the quarters!

Staying in Hostel #1 of Donetsk University of Economics&Trade anyone else in that building?

Getting this flag done aswel...

image001yo.png

I'd be very suprised to be honest.

Read an article today that Holland, Italy and England are based in Krakow and that 15,000 fans have already booked up accomodation there. There is talks about how to get England fans to and from the games in Ukraine and there maybe some subsided flights, fingers crossed.

booked this...

Student Hostel of Pedagogical College

Donetsk, Donetsk , Shevchenko bul., 43 Map

The hostel is located in Kalininskiy district. It lies 2 km away from the city centre. The nearest airport is 22 km away and the stadium 1 km far. The bus station is 5 km far from the hotel. +Info

Room type

Board

Person(s)

Total price

Pay on-line

Room 1

twin standard-shared bath

room only

Adults 2, Children 0

66.63€

Room 2

twin standard-shared bath

room only

Adults 2, Children 0

66.63€

total

133.26€

on this site

http://whitelabels.hotelopia.com/results.aspx

1 more of these available

How many nights you staying there for mate?

Definitely looking at flying to Kiev, then onto Donetsk on the train. Anyone doing this? Few of us going for the group stages only I think, but we've got no idea what we're doing in terms of accomodation. Anyone else booked flights and holding on for that campsite etc...?

Just one night mate. Arrive in donetsk 9pm the day before the game, having the hotel that night, checking out in the morning , dumping our bags in another mates appartment til after the game when we need to be at the airport by 4am the day after the game.

Would like to do more games but money wise I simply can't do it.

Anyone know what happens regarding ticket collection for group games? I think ill have enough caps certainty for all group games. My mate thinks group game tickets won't need collecting and will get posted out prior. If this is true I don't mind applying for all group games n selling my tickets at face value

Just one night mate. Arrive in donetsk 9pm the day before the game, having the hotel that night, checking out in the morning , dumping our bags in another mates appartment til after the game when we need to be at the airport by 4am the day after the game.

Would like to do more games but money wise I simply can't do it.

Anyone know what happens regarding ticket collection for group games? I think ill have enough caps certainty for all group games. My mate thinks group game tickets won't need collecting and will get posted out prior. If this is true I don't mind applying for all group games n selling my tickets at face value

Not sure, I don't think the FA have decided yet. Probably have to collect them at a designated point over there. Ok mate if you apply and get them, i'll buy the others off you and sort you out with a bit extra for your troubles?

Cheers,

Tom

Not sure, I don't think the FA have decided yet. Probably have to collect them at a designated point over there. Ok mate if you apply and get them, i'll buy the others off you and sort you out with a bit extra for your troubles?

Cheers,

Tom

Just been speaking to my mate who went SA. He says over there they didn't ask for ID (with names printed on the tickets)

If they do this format again then the person who books and pays for the tickets uses his bank card over there to withdraw the tickets from a machine. (i think)

That means if my mate decides to stay for the duration then he'd have to book and pay for mine, then he'd have the ones I'm not using to sell. If thats the case I'll put him in touch. Will know more next Monday when the ticket application process starts with englandfans

Read an article today that Holland, Italy and England are based in Krakow and that 15,000 fans have already booked up accomodation there. There is talks about how to get England fans to and from the games in Ukraine and there maybe some subsided flights, fingers crossed.

That'd be pretty shit for the ones who've decided to fly straight out to the Ukraine though. Not complaining myself, we've got flights and accomm for £330 to/in Donestk. Don't think many will get cheaper

Just been speaking to my mate who went SA. He says over there they didn't ask for ID (with names printed on the tickets)

If they do this format again then the person who books and pays for the tickets uses his bank card over there to withdraw the tickets from a machine. (i think)

That means if my mate decides to stay for the duration then he'd have to book and pay for mine, then he'd have the ones I'm not using to sell. If thats the case I'll put him in touch. Will know more next Monday when the ticket application process starts with englandfans

Yeah no worries mate, hoping to get some through englandfans anyway

My plan is to fly to Kiev for the Sweden game then get train to Donetsk for Ukraine game. Also planning to stop at Kharkiv on the way and catch the Netherlands vs Portugal game - looks to be halfway between Kiev and Donetsk and avoids taking the overnight train.

Have booked into one of the hostels at Donetsk but nothing else yet, Kiev really expensive at the moment but there appears to be lots of accommodation so shouldn't have a problem.

Cheers.

My plan is to fly to Kiev for the Sweden game then get train to Donetsk for Ukraine game. Also planning to stop at Kharkiv on the way and catch the Netherlands vs Portugal game - looks to be halfway between Kiev and Donetsk and avoids taking the overnight train.

Have booked into one of the hostels at Donetsk but nothing else yet, Kiev really expensive at the moment but there appears to be lots of accommodation so shouldn't have a problem.

Cheers.

How much you paying a night for the hostel?

Hostel was €50 a night. I have follow my team tickets all the way to the final, cost a bloody fortune though upfront. Lets hope we win the group and I dont have to fork out to go to Donetsk again...

Sorry Eur 50 a night

Archived