Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thewarmanator

Euro 2012 - anyone going?

That is painful, bad luck eh...

I managed to get Eng tickets from Uefa's reselling platform - easy. Accommodation and camping are proving much harder though...

Got our 10Euro a night camping in Donetsk sorted, still waiting for the Kiev Beach Club in Kiev to get their act together, and apparently (not the best source) the high speed trains won't be available to book until the end of May - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k4981022-o30-High_speed_train_to_Donetsk-Kiev.html

Hopefully it'll all be alright on the night...

Yep, 4 of us still heading out on Thursday 14. Know of about 15 or so other Leicester lads out there. They'll be more travelling out there than the newspaper makes out. Really looking forward to it, we'll do better than expected in my opinion.

Can't see there being much trouble either. I was supposingly going to be shot at and raped in South Africa but came back in one piece.

Can't wait!

Nice one, I'm flying on the 14th as well, gutted I didn't book flights before the France match

That is painful, bad luck eh...

I managed to get Eng tickets from Uefa's reselling platform - easy. Accommodation and camping are proving much harder though...

Got our 10Euro a night camping in Donetsk sorted, still waiting for the Kiev Beach Club in Kiev to get their act together, and apparently (not the best source) the high speed trains won't be available to book until the end of May - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k4981022-o30-High_speed_train_to_Donetsk-Kiev.html

Hopefully it'll all be alright on the night...

Yep looks like high speed trains are bootable at the end of may. I have booked a couple of overnight trains, one from Kiev to Kharkov for the holland Portugal match and another from Kiev to donetsk for the quarter final.

I need to book a high speed train for 24th to get back for the qf in Kiev

Yep looks like high speed trains are bootable at the end of may. I have booked a couple of overnight trains, one from Kiev to Kharkov for the holland Portugal match and another from Kiev to donetsk for the quarter final.

Quality. What flight are you going out on? We're on the 12:20 from Gatwick with UIA.

We're on the overnight from Kiev to Kharkiv on the Saturday night, leaving at 22:25 (or around then). Not booked to go Donetsk yet - is that available yet? Last I looked it wasn't available.

There's 5 of us flying out on the 9th to Donetsk, got 5 nights there, 3 nights in Kiev for Sweden game and then another 8 nights in Donetsk including the night of the quarters (if we make it). Should be a good crack. Getting a new England flag done with 'When you're smilin'' on so if you spot it, give us a shout, be nice to see some City fans!

We're stopping in Euro 2012 Hostel in Kiev. And then some University Halls in Donetsk. As long as it's secure, I'm not too fussed about the accomodation. Don't plan doing much in there, just putting my head down for a few hours a night.

Yeah we're in University halls for all of it... It's just a bed at the end of the day, don't plan on spending much time there!

I received my tickets the other day, and the official passport like Uefa info book states that Kiev - Donetsk on a train is 11hr45 - NO MENTION OF HIGH SPEED RAIL!!! Bit odd to say the least.

I'm thinking about just booking overnighters - I looked on the Ukraine rail web site, sleepers were £10 return...

Yeah we're in University halls for all of it... It's just a bed at the end of the day, don't plan on spending much time there!

How much is four walls/roof? Me and my mate are camping...

Out of interest have flight prices gone down now? A lot of the lads on the England forum thought they would. Ive not bothered checking. Im a bit mad at myself as id have enough caps for the final but once id found out I wasnt going the France game I decided I couldnt be arsed for any!

Not really mate.. Prices may have come down slightly, but not an awful lot.

Quality. What flight are you going out on? We're on the 12:20 from Gatwick with UIA.

We're on the overnight from Kiev to Kharkiv on the Saturday night, leaving at 22:25 (or around then). Not booked to go Donetsk yet - is that available yet? Last I looked it wasn't available.

Yeah it's available to book now but the the English site doesn't work so practice your Russian and give it a bash ha, it's a shambles

Two of us are doing Sweden and Ukraine games stopping in Kharkov for Potugal vs Holland in between. Also waiting to book train tickets....

(still have two France tickets if anyone interested, we cant make the first game).

Two of us are doing Sweden and Ukraine games stopping in Kharkov for Potugal vs Holland in between. Also waiting to book train tickets....

(still have two France tickets if anyone interested, we cant make the first game).

Ditto about trains mate, keep me posted if you see/find any info. I'll do likewise...

Ditto about trains mate, keep me posted if you see/find any info. I'll do likewise...

You can book trains through here http://www.e-kvytok.ua/wps/portal, though it is all in Ukranian so you've got to have a guess at some of the questions, though most is self explanatory.

We've booked ours from Kiev to Kharkiv. Note that the spelling of Kharkiv is Harkov and Donets'k is Doneck.

Think all the routes are now on that site with the exception of Kharkiv to Donetsk, which I am 99% sure there is a route, just hasn't been released yet.

The ticket option we have chosen you have to print off the receipt (which has a 16 digit code on) and exchange it 1 and a half hours before the train departs at the train station for a boarding pass.

Think these overnight sleepers will be good fun, could have a right class night on one of those with a few beers!

I'd recommend 2nd class (or 1st class). It's like £20 per person, but 3rd class looks like a right khazi and a carriage which is more suited for animals!

You can book trains through here http://www.e-kvytok.ua/wps/portal, though it is all in Ukranian so you've got to have a guess at some of the questions, though most is self explanatory.

We've booked ours from Kiev to Kharkiv. Note that the spelling of Kharkiv is Harkov and Donets'k is Doneck.

Think all the routes are now on that site with the exception of Kharkiv to Donetsk, which I am 99% sure there is a route, just hasn't been released yet.

The ticket option we have chosen you have to print off the receipt (which has a 16 digit code on) and exchange it 1 and a half hours before the train departs at the train station for a boarding pass.

Think these overnight sleepers will be good fun, could have a right class night on one of those with a few beers!

I'd recommend 2nd class (or 1st class). It's like £20 per person, but 3rd class looks like a right khazi and a carriage which is more suited for animals!

Cheers mate. I was going to hold out for high speed rail, but am increasingly tempted to go for the 11hr45 option - like you say, could be a laugh...!

Still more than happy to piss about in Krakow for 10 nights than go to Ukraine. There'll be loads of English fans there in the fan zones and hopefully it'll be a good gig. Having said that i can see me waking up one mornin pissed out my face on a poverty wagon to Kiev.

Archived