Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thewarmanator

Euro 2012 - anyone going?

Oh and how nice is Kiev? Clean and tidy, friendly people.. FIT women.

It just goes to show how much bullshit Panorama and Sky tried to create with their programs. Ok I was there one day, but if was brilliant. Exactly how football should be. Some of the leicester lot out there having a kick about with some Italians before the game. Quality singsong in the Sweden corner or whatever with oasis kasabian and madness playing.

**** off sol Campbell, we'll do what we want

Panorama and other media scares were absolute rubbish. I did all three group games - and never have I met a more friendly and helpful people than the Ukrainians. Also, I never ever felt threatened in any way. I'd like to see some pro media pieces about Ukraine now - although I doubt that will happen.

LCFC flag at the Golden Lion before the Ukraine game was a sight to behold. I saw it banded around on here before the tournament. If I could find a way to upload a photo from my hard drive, I'd do it!

As for England. I think Roy squeezed every last bit out, of what ultimately at international level is, an average side. Our inability to retain the ball and string a few passes together after 45 mins was embarrassing.

My brother in law went for the sweden game, he said it was one of the best times he's ever had, was out for around 48 hours slept in a window sill...lol..., he said the swedish fans were so friendly they just spent their whole time in the swedish quarter, he was planning to possibly go back if we had beaten italy.

My brother in law went for the sweden game, he said it was one of the best times he's ever had, was out for around 48 hours slept in a window sill... lol..., he said the swedish fans were so friendly they just spent their whole time in the swedish quarter, he was planning to possibly go back if we had beaten italy.

It's got me hooked on tournaments. The swedes were class, they took the post game banter brilliantly. I stayed around the corner from Camp Sweden - which housed 6,000 of them. So spent a lot of time around them. Great set of fans. Also, as an LCFC fan there's immediate common ground with Swedes - Pontus Kaamark!

LCFC flag at the Golden Lion before the Ukraine game was a sight to behold. I saw it banded around on here before the tournament. If I could find a way to upload a photo from my hard drive, I'd do it!

Glad you liked it, couldn't get it in the Donbass for the France game though. Had a great time, flying home tomorrow, absolutely shattered though. A lot of travelling involved! Great country and will more than likely come back for the World cup qualifier.

Glad you liked it, couldn't get it in the Donbass for the France game though. Had a great time, flying home tomorrow, absolutely shattered though. A lot of travelling involved! Great country and will more than likely come back for the World cup qualifier.

No worries, credit where it's due! I'm thinking the same about the World Cup qualifier...

Buzzing for the english invasion of france. I'm not overly bothered about going to the games - I just fancy going out there with a few mates for a few nights, and getting absolutely plastered in the fan zones! Wonder who our manager will be come 2016.

Me and a mate are thinking about joining. Is it not worth it?

If youve plenty of money to do away games then Yeh. But my last away before the quarters (excluding Wales) was Switzerland, n then Holland when we drew 2 2. So its hardly worth it especially when its a piece of piss to get tickets there, as for qualifiers n friendlies most dont bother with the game so theres loads about normally. And unless you go to every home game which costs a ton and is a borefest youll never get enough caps to get decent priority for the away games.

having said all that, France in 2016 will be a lot harder to get official tickets for so it may be worth it if youre going there. You need.to get as many caps as possible though. Im on 27 atm and whilst that would have easily been enough to get me a ticket for the final in Kiev, itd probably be touch and go for group games in France.

If youve plenty of money to do away games then Yeh. But my last away before the quarters (excluding Wales) was Switzerland, n then Holland when we drew 2 2. So its hardly worth it especially when its a piece of piss to get tickets there, as for qualifiers n friendlies most dont bother with the game so theres loads about normally. And unless you go to every home game which costs a ton and is a borefest youll never get enough caps to get decent priority for the away games.

having said all that, France in 2016 will be a lot harder to get official tickets for so it may be worth it if youre going there. You need.to get as many caps as possible though. Im on 27 atm and whilst that would have easily been enough to get me a ticket for the final in Kiev, itd probably be touch and go for group games in France.

Interesting... I do intend on going to the next two - but going to home qualifiers doesn't appeal to be honest. The thought of random away trips to Moldova, Ukraine and Poland on the other hand... :thumbup:

Interesting... I do intend on going to the next two - but going to home qualifiers doesn't appeal to be honest. The thought of random away trips to Moldova, Ukraine and Poland on the other hand... :thumbup:

I usually find mates who want to.go and let them buy my tickets off me. But with all qualifiers now on Friday nights not Saturdays its a bit harder to find people

Archived