Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Mls New Season

great for NY....cosmos... ;)

Even though it wasnt exactly a secret NY was favourite for the 20th team I have to say I would have liked them to have chosen a state without a team....florida for example.

Just because the Cosmos organization has made a big racket doesn't mean that they are a shoo-in to get the expansion team. There could very well be other groups or investors looking to buy into the league, and MLS has made no specific promise to the Cosmos when talking about the potential Queens stadium.

I only saw bits and pieces of highlights of the Philly-DC game, but I need to see a lot more.

DC was up 1-0 at Philly, then scored an OG in the 71st minute. And then, in the 89th minute, things must have gone absolutely crazy.

Apparently, in the last few minutes, there were 3 red cards, and DC had a PK in stoppage time to win that was retaken and finally missed.

I'm watching the Red Bulls-Portland game at home instead of out in Harrison and it's my loss, because it's a beautiful night and this has been an eventful game. RBNY started off terribly, going down 2-0 to a Timbers team that hasn't won in what seems like years. Kenny Cooper equalized late in the 1st. Then right before halftime, Tim Cahill opened his MLS account with a goal that was allowed to stand despite the shot coming just after the ref blew his whistle to award a PK to NY for a handball in the box. I'm not sure I've ever seen a ref blow his whistle and then allow play to continue.

Chances aplenty in the 2nd half of this one, and I doubt it will finish 2-2.

I only saw bits and pieces of highlights of the Philly-DC game, but I need to see a lot more.

DC was up 1-0 at Philly, then scored an OG in the 71st minute. And then, in the 89th minute, things must have gone absolutely crazy.

Apparently, in the last few minutes, there were 3 red cards, and DC had a PK in stoppage time to win that was retaken and finally missed.

I'm watching the Red Bulls-Portland game at home instead of out in Harrison and it's my loss, because it's a beautiful night and this has been an eventful game. RBNY started off terribly, going down 2-0 to a Timbers team that hasn't won in what seems like years. Kenny Cooper equalized late in the 1st. Then right before halftime, Tim Cahill opened his MLS account with a goal that was allowed to stand despite the shot coming just after the ref blew his whistle to award a PK to NY for a handball in the box. I'm not sure I've ever seen a ref blow his whistle and then allow play to continue.

Good to hear

Didnt see any games but I'll check the highlights, not sure cahills goal will help the bad rep of the refereeing in the MLS.

Houston 2-2...appaantly even more poor refereeing in that game too.

Didnt see any games but I'll check the highlights, not sure cahills goal will help the bad rep of the refereeing in the MLS.

Houston 2-2...appaantly even more poor refereeing in that game too.

The DC vs Philly game was pretty interesting to watch the highlights....Yet more poor refereeing again though. Sounds like theyve all had an absolute mare this weekend.

The DC vs Philly game was pretty interesting to watch the highlights....Yet more poor refereeing again though. Sounds like theyve all had an absolute mare this weekend.

It's hard to believe that Mark Geiger was named MLS's Referee of the Year last season and was selected to work at the Olympics this year. He has been handing out red cards like candy on Halloween, and has made a few bizarre decisions calling off goals that seem to be fair plays.

Fans, players and coaches complaint about the refs in every league, but things have been particularly poor in MLS this season.

As for the Cahill goal incident, the goal probably should have been the correct outcome of that play, as RBNY clearly had possession advantage (the rebound off the handball was almost put on a tee for Cahill to blast it from the top of the box). However, ref Jason Anno clearly blew his whistle before the ball had entered the net.

Recent tifo....beautiful stuff from seatlle fans

Seattle won the supporters cup last year and the supporrter groups are allowed to store the trophy between matches.

Yet further proof that the club and fans are much more as one compared to england where there seems to be no unity at all.

tifo vid:-

some honourable mentions to mine and Jordans teams....Houston tifo inspired by the recent loss of the columbus player.

SSFC%2520%2540%2520SJE%25202012%2520%25281118%2529.JPG

2011-Cascadia-Champions-01.jpg

221961_10151121428623701_1679656637_n.jpg

J0rVj.jpg

Another goal fest in the MLS....28 goals in 6 matches.....draw for Houston....finally a win for Portland....their fans despite being bottom of the league still sell out their games, still sing in support for 90 min's....no fans getting on the players backs.....how it should be.

Yeah, he looks good. Montreal has really exceeded expectations this season. Jesse Marsch has done a spectacular job.

I picked them as I expected them to be the whipping boys but they've really held their own so far. Patrice Bernier seems to be producing the goods now.

Portland win again.

Just reading about San jose's new stadium....how nice would this be if fans in england were involved like they are in the US.

The new stadium will also feature a
1,400-person Supporters’ Section with a private clubhouse.
The clubhouse will include a bar, food options and a place to store tifo while serving as a rallying point for San Jose’s diehard fans before kickoff.

“The Supporters’ Section is a unique part of the club and creates a special atmosphere on gamedays,†Kaval said. “We worked hand-in-hand with the 1906 Ultras and Casbah to create a dedicated space for what we believe will be the best Supporters’ Section in Major League Soccer.â€

We can dream.

Archived