Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Mls New Season

Alessandro Nesta signs with Montreal... Apparently, NY made the first claim to him, but since he decided to sign with Montreal, the Impact has to give NY some salary cap money as compensation--which, rumor has it, they'll use to sign Juan Roman Riquelme.

Alessandro Nesta signs with Montreal... Apparently, NY made the first claim to him, but since he decided to sign with Montreal, the Impact has to give NY some salary cap money as compensation--which, rumor has it, they'll use to sign Juan Roman Riquelme.

The same Juan Roman Riquelme who, after the recent Copa Libertadores defeat to Corinthians, claimed that he felt "empty" and could no longer play for Boca?

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/05/4611623/riquelme-set-to-leave-boca-juniors.html

Timing is a wonderful thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I know they're not in the MLS but how bad are Orlando City? I'm watching their friendly against Stoke while I'm over.

They're one of the better sides outside the MLS, but I haven't seen them play, I'd imagine the standard is pretty poor.

Beckham after scoring a cracker infront of the timbers army.

tumblr_m76ulapCSO1r09g0go2_500.gif

well chelsea beat seattle 4-2 thankfully as if seattle had won I'd never hear the last of it....seattle looked pretty good and dominated some of the play and levelled at 2-2. Villa beat philly 1-0.

In other news Houston beat top of the table kansas. :blink:

MLS, along with Adidas, is adding an interesting new feature to the league next season:

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/adidas-and-major-league-soccer-announce-world%E2%80%99s-first-smart-soccer-league

Adidas has developed an "elite" version of its miCoach system and is rolling it out to every team in the league. Sensors in the shirts will collect data on a player's steps, distance traveled, heart rate etc. and transmit them to the coaching staff.

A well-trained coach and physio should be able to spot tiredness and injury. Also, there's some chance this could be data overkill. But nevertheless, this should reveal some interesting details about player fitness, and perhaps most importantly, possibly give trainers instant feedback that can perhaps prevent a Muamba- or Morosini-type incident.

Can I mention how much I hate seeing MLS teams interrupt their season to play bullshit friendlies against European teams just to make money? It makes us look bush league, and pretty much the entire crowd that shows up for these games couldn't be bothered to go to to see their local team play a real game in an actual competition.

I've only ever gone to two: MetroStars 2-0 Bayern Munich in 2001 and Metro 1-1 AC Milan in 2002.

The Bayern game was ridiculous. It was arranged as part of the transfer that sent Lothar Matthäus from Bayern to Metro. Unbeknownst to Bayern, after the date was set, they would make the Champions League final in 2001 which was just days before the friendly at Giants Stadium.

There was a huge three-way brawl between "La Doce," the Bayern fans and the security guards/New Jersey state troopers behind the north goal right at kickoff. Bayern started pretty much the same lineup as the team that beat Valencia, but they were hungover and they put their physio on as a sub in the 2nd half. Yes, it was nice to see my team rape the European Champions, but after that, I swore I'd never go to one of those dog-and-pony shows unless I had a pretty good excuse.

The Milan game was the nightcap of a doubleheader, and I went because the first game was USA's send-off to Korea/Japan in a friendly vs. Jamaica. (USA won, 5-0) There was an Italian guy in section 101 wearing a Milan shirt with "Leonardo 18" on the back. I swear, the only thing that saved this guy from getting his ass kicked was that he was geniunely unaware that

was not only from New Jersey, but also Metro's captain at the time.

Tim Cahill! Nice job by NYRB to make that deal.

I don't want to speak too soon, but we're looking pretty damn good to win MLS Cup this year.

This was a sensational day by New York sports franchise general managers, and as great of a transfer this is, it's only the third-biggest deal in NY today. The Rangers pulled off a blockbuster trade to get Rick Nash and the Yankees acquired Ichiro.

198798_hp.jpg

That looks strange.

Did you watch it? It was ****ing surreal!! Horrible horrible game not helped by the narrowest pitch i Have ever seen... I dont know who's stupid idea that was but they need shooting... bad idea... bad game... just bad!

Archived