Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Mls New Season

Isn't there a guy in the crowd for Portland timbers that chops wood when they score?

Oh yes..its quite funny see some old geezer going mad with a chainsaw in the pouring rain (it rains pretty much non stop in portland)...not sure health and safety has reached the pacific NW yet.

RBNY 3-1 Crew

Henry capped off a two-goal game with an Olimpico in stoppage time (9 minutes worth of it after Crew GK Gruenebaum went face-first into the post on McCarty's GWG).

This sets up a huge RBNY vs Kansas City game on Wednesday--the winner will sit atop the Eastern Conference.

It's only rained once in the last 55 days in Portland..unfortunatly that's about how many wins we've had in the last 55 days. Good weather has mellowed us out..even seen TA & Shittle folks sitting at the same table in a bar prematch.

• 3 weeks later...

67,000 in attendance & Shittle only allowed us 1500 away support tickets..typical. Heading up with friends to sit amongst the Seattle customers.

That sucks, but credit to Seattle for selling all of those tickets.

RBNY went from challenging for 1st place to perhaps having its spot in the playoffs themselves thrown up into the air with a terrible performance yesterday... 2-0 loss at home to Chicago.

From what I've seen Houston haven't impressed me and may even miss out on the playoffs. Kansas and Salt lake are the only teams who have been consistently good, really surprised to see chicago doing well, I used to watch them back in the day so I hope they do well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Houston sneek into the playoffs....we look the poorest I've seen for a while, wouldnt hold much hope to progress.

Kansas and san jose still look like the sides to beat.

Playoff teams:-

east

1 Kansas City

2 D.C. United

3 Chicago

4 New York

5 Houston Dynamo

west

1 San Jose

2 Seattle

3 Real Salt Lake

4 LA

5 Vancouver

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that game at Ipswich during the snowstorm? We'll find out in a few minutes whether or not it will be that bad at the NYRB vs DC game.

Edit: Yeah, it is. The grounds crew is shoveling out the penalty areas, and we don't know exactly when (if?) the game will kick off.

I remember when we picked him up in our expansion year..a friend who supporters the Crew(his previous team) told me he was shit. The little we saw of him in Green made it hard to judge his talent. Everytime I've seen him for Houston he's looked great. We thought Cooper was shit last year & gave him up to NY & he wins the golden boot. It leads me to think our supporters have as little talent evaluation skills as our management.

They've had different owners, different colors, different names, different stadiums... But it's the same old shit. 17 seasons of the same old shit. Metro, Red Bulls, whatever you want to call them... If there's one thread that ties this franchise's history together, it's made of seasons ending because of ridiculous meltdowns just like tonight.

Archived