Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thesurftalks

Why Do Chelsea Fans Hate Us

That was in 1979, the same day we played at Chelsea.

The biggest ruck between the Squad and the Headhunters happened in 1989, the same day as Hillsborough. Fighting went on in the South stand Upper Tier (Chelsea, uniquely, had Pens 1. 2 and 3 that day) throughout the game, which we won 2-0.

Chelsea needed a point to claim promotion and brought over 10000 fans to Filbo. They all went home gutted. But at least they got home..

Remember that. Sat in the main stand with my Chelsea supporting girlfriend :)

Chelsea were just about to break a record for number of games unbeaten, Newell scored and Tony Spearing had a great game. No wonder they were pissed off :D

That was in 1979, the same day we played at Chelsea.

The biggest ruck between the Squad and the Headhunters happened in 1989, the same day as Hillsborough. Fighting went on in the South stand Upper Tier (Chelsea, uniquely, had Pens 1. 2 and 3 that day) throughout the game, which we won 2-0.

Chelsea needed a point to claim promotion and brought over 10000 fans to Filbo. They all went home gutted. But at least they got home..

Makes sense, didn't the football banning orders come in response to Hillsborough, so hopefully won't ever see the likes of that in an English ground at that scale ever again with all the psychos banned for life from every ground in the country. Any new wave get cherry picked as they kick off, simple but effective

Not quite on the same scale but there was a brawl at this game right underneath the commentary box. The MOTD pundits were all out of their chairs looking down on it

2-2 draw without Heskey, Izzet, Lennon and Elliot. Not bad going.

Not quite on the same scale but there was a brawl at this game right underneath the commentary box. The MOTD pundits were all out of their chairs looking down on it

I watched that hoping to see a scrap, disappointed.

Rivalry goes back years, Chelsea stopped off at Leicester in the 80's on their way back from an early kick off and it went off all round the streets surrounding the ground, couple of City lads got their faces bladed that day,rocks and stones flying everywhere

Always had a bit of spice this fixture can't wait for sunday!! hark now hear..

Great finish by Newton there.

For all the hatred and rivalry from fans of my age I do think there was a genuine type of respect between the two firms involved, we were certainly the only ones outside of London that they wanted to better. The BS were very high profile in those days but thankfully it's all in the past now but you will never lose the 'edge' this game has till my generation has gone.

Smoke?... meh, happens at every game in the MLS.

English wimps!

:P

I suppose they throw HP2 batteries and the old 10p and 50p as well do they.

Oh and just to cap it off the odd dart and lump of concrete terracing and all of that used to rain down from your right hand side as you stood in pen 2. And then all of a sudden 20 or 30 guy's stood round you and lashed out at anyone. Chelski fans in the pen again.

I suppose they throw HP2 batteries and the old 10p and 50p as well do they.

Oh and just to cap it off the odd dart and lump of concrete terracing and all of that used to rain down from your right hand side as you stood in pen 2. And then all of a sudden 20 or 30 guy's stood round you and lashed out at anyone.

whoosh

I'm actually glad I was born in the 90s.

I still like to stand and be vocal at games but 70 year old sit-on hands sandwich eaters > Scumbags beating people up and throwing coins at you. How did football fans become such scum after the relatively calm 60s?

I still like to stand and be vocal at games but 70 year old sit-on hands sandwich eaters > Scumbags beating people up and throwing coins at you. How did football fans become such scum after the relatively calm 60s?

60's had plenty of violence at games.

Yeah - because kids born in the 90's are such fvcking angels - I mean - smashing up shops, burning them to the ground in the 2011 boy scouts summer riots across the UK - butter wouldn't melt - sick innit bruv

where does we get our iBelieve hoodies for sunday and who's bringing the petrol for the attack on JJB or fvcking RSPCA charity shop after?

http://youtu.be/Uep5t6-auYA

Yeah - because kids born in the 90's are such fvcking angels - I mean - smashing up shops, burning them to the ground in the 2011 boy scouts summer riots across the UK - butter wouldn't melt - sick innit bruv

where does we get our iBelieve hoodies for sunday and who's bringing the petrol for the attack on JJB or fvcking RSPCA charity shop after?

i dont think he is saying tht they're angels just its remarkable the difference from MOST football fans now and then!

He's talking about football - get off your ****ing high horse

Archived