Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Would you be happy if we changed our colours?

Change of Club Colours  

311 members have voted

1. 1. If we changed from Blue to Red would you be happy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
    • Any colour but red !

I like the idea DavieG, but how about global hypercolour t-shirts (for those that missed this 90s fashion atrocity, they were t-shirts that changed colour with heat, so conveniently highlighting all your sweat patches).

They start out grey and as they get hotter they turn blue, so that only those who run around would actually be fit enough to wear the royal blue, the rest would be shamed into wearing a dull grey blue, until they started running more.

Kasper is exempt, as he doesn't need to run around much, and doesn't wear blue anyway.

In a way it is a shame that we are (and I certainly am) 'blue until we die', I say this because of scientific research into human parriforal vision***.

Studies have shown that the colour red is much easier for the brain to register on the edge of our vision (f u damn word) than other colours... This is the only reason I even entertain the idea but in reality I love our colour because it is my team (yours arguably as well I guess... maybe),

I think Cardiff are going along the same lines, heartless swine.

***(I really have no idea how to spell that, blaming morning dyslexia)

No.

By all means, change the away kit to red or something different (a fox-like orange would be nice :blush: ), but royal blue should definitely stay as our home kit. 100%.

You want us to be ginger... :'(

I am tempted, to instigate a colour change, only so that Zing (and his minions) are driven to suicide. This suicide will undoubtably be questioned as to whether it was in fact murder. After investigation the police will make their way to this particular thread, by which time i will have become a mod, changed my name to El Empty and will sit back and watch the fun unfold.

Because its what he wouldve wanted :)

Hmphh :angry:

Right that does it !

If we do decide en masse to top ourselves , we’ll bludgeon ourselves with boomerangs , and leave clues around the place , like half eaten vegemite sandwiches , corky bush hats, tinga and tucka badges and stuff like that so it won’t be long before plod puts 2 and 2 together and comes kicking down your door to beat a confession out of you .

You won’t be laughing then !

Me neither. There is a point where it stops being the same club, if we stop playing in the colour we identify with then it aint Leicester City anymore. It's just some team in Leicester with the same name.

So...it's Leicester, then? :ph34r:

I would be dead against a change of colour but it might soften the blow if they brought back the black kit with blue sash that we wore a few seasons ago (the original brown sounds awful).

I honestly think that ever club's colours should relate to the local area. For example, Leicester's city colours are red/maroon and white and the county is green so therefore red green and White should be our colours in my opinion, but I do realise that this never was possibly due to the Leicester Tigers being established first and they used those colours for that reason? At least they should use it as an away kit or something? What does blue have got anything to do with Leicester? I'm not complaining I'm just curious as to how we chose royal blue as our colour. Our blue shirts have tint of purple now if anyone has noticed?

Guest MattP

As long as Top keeps pumping the cash in he can call us King Power FC and play in a Thailand kit if he wants us to.

(yes.....I'm taking the piss)

I have always had a blue door to my house. (sorry, two houses, we moved 10 years ago, the first thing I did in the new house was paint the front door blue)

It is the one thing about our house that the wife lets me decide on!!!!

Don't change from Blue!!! I'll end up getting lost !!!!!!!

In a way it is a shame that we are (and I certainly am) 'blue until we die', I say this because of scientific research into human parriforal vision***.

Studies have shown that the colour red is much easier for the brain to register on the edge of our vision (f u damn word) than other colours... This is the only reason I even entertain the idea but in reality I love our colour because it is my team (yours arguably as well I guess... maybe),

I think Cardiff are going along the same lines, heartless swine.

***(I really have no idea how to spell that, blaming morning dyslexia)

I honestly think that ever club's colours should relate to the local area. For example, Leicester's city colours are red/maroon and white and the county is green so therefore red green and White should be our colours in my opinion, but I do realise that this never was possibly due to the Leicester Tigers being established first and they used those colours for that reason? At least they should use it as an away kit or something? What does blue have got anything to do with Leicester? I'm not complaining I'm just curious as to how we chose royal blue as our colour. Our blue shirts have tint of purple now if anyone has noticed?

I would have no problem with either of these changes for these reasons, identifying more with the local community, or for a scientific reason such as being more visible/faster wearing red, or wearing green as camouflage.

If any change was made for the right reason is fine by me, not if it is just to sell more shirts.

Saying we have always worn blue (which we haven't) and therefore should always wear blue is a bit silly, we had always played at Filbert street, but we moved for the benefit of the club. Tradition is great and should be respected, but not at the expense of progress.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like there going through with the change of colour to the kit and there also going to be called the Dragons lol . It's in this mornings the sun but don't know how true it is lol

We should change from blue to white or silver and be called the "Legless Wyverns"

It's traditional !!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4356404/Cardiff-rage-at-new-red-kit.html

I can't understand why they are doing this at Cardiff, it is such a poor idea. Although i remember seeing an old matches from the 80's the other day and LCFC were playing in red!

We've all got skeletons in the wardrobe and done silly things in the past that we'd sooner not talk about. It was just an aberration .

I tell you what is making me laugh about the Cardiff fans. Some are saying that its a shame but has to be done to save the club....errrrrrrm does it? Does investment mean you HAVE to change your kit? no. Its the money they need not the change of kit, the 2 don't always have to come hand in hand...

Archived