Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Would you be happy if we changed our colours?

Change of Club Colours  

311 members have voted

1. 1. If we changed from Blue to Red would you be happy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
    • Any colour but red !

No fvcking way. We are Leicester, we play in blue. Cardiff play in blue, always have. Shouldn't be changed, under any circumstances, especially for supposed financial gain.

apart from when leicester fosse formed and we played in chocolate brown and blue sash hence the away kit of black with sash a few years ago.

but no clubs shouldn't change colour, it's tinpot oh whoops leeds did it!

I feel very strongly about stuff like this. Club's are slowly become 'property' to be moulded, messed with, and generally tinkered with at the expense of the club's heritage. As someone who aligns with the Bentley boys and being old enough to remember the good old days [yes.....they were] I'd just like to say that I'd be thoroughly maddened beyond all comprehension if some wise-arse decided that a nice Thai yellow with flower essence would be a move in the right direction.

Yes, we have to be a modern club, we have to move with the times - but can you seriously imagine us playing in another colour? Ebay would be awash with cast-off classic LCFC gear.

So....NO....NO and for the record and with no ambiguity whatsoever........fkin NO.

Now, just to clarify, I wouldn't happy at all if Leicester's kit changed from blue.

However, to say changing a club's kit is disgusting is a bit OTT. Don't forget that Liverpool used to play in white before Bill Shankley, and now you couldn't imagine them wearing anything other than a red home kit. Doing it for no reason would be stupid but I do see why Cardiff are considering it (Asian rep, Wales national colour etc.)

I think it's the reasoning behind it that's the main thing. Most clubs seemingly in the 60s or 70s experimented with all-white because their daft managers thought they'd play like Real Madrid if they did. It sounds ridiculously stupid in hindsight but it's nothing compared to what's happening at Cardiff. What's happening there is being done purely for commercial gain, selling out what's left of the club'ssoul (not that many league clubs have much of that left anyore, us included) in order to flog a few shirts thousands of miles away.

That said, if Leicester sacked off royal blue they'd never see me at one of their games ever again.

I don't even like it when we play in blue shorts instead of white but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. If we changed colours I'd be furious but I'd get over it. The idea that I'd stop supporting the team because of it is a bit OTT imo.

I am surprised by how many people are so irate about the thought of possibly changing the colour. It is not the colour of the kit that makes us Leicester but the fact that we play in Leicester. We could wear pink and green polka dots for all I care. Would the martin O'Neill years not have been as good if we had worn red.

Now if we changed for commercial reasons to sell more shirts in a Thai airport I wouldn't be happy. But he there was a genuine reason to do so, then it really wouldn't bother me.

I think it's the reasoning behind it that's the main thing. Most clubs seemingly in the 60s or 70s experimented with all-white because their daft managers thought they'd play like Real Madrid if they did. It sounds ridiculously stupid in hindsight but it's nothing compared to what's happening at Cardiff. What's happening there is being done purely for commercial gain, selling out what's left of the club'ssoul (not that many league clubs have much of that left anyore, us included) in order to flog a few shirts thousands of miles away.

That said, if Leicester sacked off royal blue they'd never see me at one of their games ever again.

Me neither. There is a point where it stops being the same club, if we stop playing in the colour we identify with then it aint Leicester City anymore. It's just some team in Leicester with the same name.

I am surprised by how many people are so irate about the thought of possibly changing the colour. It is not the colour of the kit that makes us Leicester but the fact that we play in Leicester. We could wear pink and green polka dots for all I care. Would the martin O'Neill years not have been as good if we had worn red.

Now if we changed for commercial reasons to sell more shirts in a Thai airport I wouldn't be happy. But he there was a genuine reason to do so, then it really wouldn't bother me.

And what could that possibly be?

That's the point, there is no acceptable reason to change it, there never could be.

Leicester Tigers play in Leicester, does that make them Leicester City? No. Manchester United play in Manchester (contrary to popular belief), so why do they not play in the same kit as Manchester CIty?

This is the problem, you talk as if we are just a company that can be rebranded, but we're still the same club if we change everything about us just because we're based in Leicester.

No fvcking way. We are Leicester, we play in blue. Cardiff play in blue, always have. Shouldn't be changed, under any circumstances, especially for supposed financial gain.

vinyl-decal-sticker-14760.jpg

Of all the clubs that would consider it, it had to be one with the club colour in their name and logo.

There's only one colour change that I'd find acceptable and that would be reverting to our original colours of 1884. Having said that, I suppose that lies with Leicester Fosse rather than City but it's still our original colour.

The Black shirt with the Sky Blue sash and White shorts. I think it'd look decent but there isn't any reason for changing it.

And what could that possibly be?

That's the point, there is no acceptable reason to change it, there never could be.

Leicester Tigers play in Leicester, does that make them Leicester City? No. Manchester United play in Manchester (contrary to popular belief), so why do they not play in the same kit as Manchester CIty?

This is the problem, you talk as if we are just a company that can be rebranded, but we're still the same club if we change everything about us just because we're based in Leicester.

I don't know what the reason could be, maybe we decide to support breast cancer research and decide to wear pink for a season. Or the owner genuinely believes that we would be more successful in a different colour. Even though it is completely illogical a change of colour could give the whole club a lift, psychologically.

Like I said I wouldn't want to do it just to sell more shirts, but clubs change their colours. And we have no logical attachment to blue and have worn different colours over the years. So it really wouldn't bother me.

I think it goes without saying that everyone here wants to keep the royal blue, I don't even like all blue kits. I'd be okay with a red and black third kit though.

We used to have a red away shirt back with the Walkers Crisps emblem plastered in the centre back in the late 80s of course but a big "no no" as regards changing from blue to red! We don't want to be confused with Charlton or Barnsley in our league next season ffs!!

No.

By all means, change the away kit to red or something different (a fox-like orange would be nice :blush: ), but royal blue should definitely stay as our home kit. 100%.

I and many others like me would probably be driven to suicide if this were to happen. I hope you could live with that on your conscience.

I am tempted, to instigate a colour change, only so that Zing (and his minions) are driven to suicide. This suicide will undoubtably be questioned as to whether it was in fact murder. After investigation the police will make their way to this particular thread, by which time i will have become a mod, changed my name to El Empty and will sit back and watch the fun unfold.

Because its what he wouldve wanted :)

I'm not gonna lie, I would be livid if we changed from blue to anything else.

My favourite colour, only because of the Foxes, is blue!

I even find myself more drawn to blue clothes away from just my City shirt! I don't think I even own a red t-shirt in fact!

BLUE ARMY!

We should change it regularly to the fans mood, we could call ourselves Leicester Chameleon FC.

=Black (Jet Black To Charcoal)-Ebony/Onyx-

Serious, Intense, Secret,Mysterious, Stormy, Stealth, Radical, Fierce, Overworked, Turmoil, Hurt, Tensed, Enraged, Down/Dread, Moodring Inactive; Nothing/Not Working

=Brown (Deep Brown To Golden Tan)-Copper/Bronze-

Rethinking, Anticipation, Researching, Heated Emotions, Bold, Rising Energies, Reactive, Feisty, Rebellious, Jitters, Nervous, Troubled, Mad, Fear

=Red (Red-Brown To Rose)-Ruby-

Heart, Allured, Love/Fiery Passion, Aroused, Awestruck, Thrilled, Active, Adventurous, Spirited, Explosive, Harassed, Insecure, Fazed, Erratic, Urgent, Danger, Angered, Alarmed

=Orange (Firebrick To Coral)-Fire Opal- Thinking, Busy, Searching, Stimulated Ideas, Excited, Daring Wants, Energized, On Edge, Eeriness, Déjà vu, Indisposed, Worried, Guilt, Impatient, Disturbed, Annoyed, Vexed

=Yellow-Orange (Amber To Flame)-Gold/Brass- Mixed Feelings/Moods, Bittersweet, Enflamed Passion, Sincere, Endearing, Concerned/Watchful, Challenged, Indignant, Aloof, Cryptic, Upset, Disapproval, Anxious, Dizzy

=Yel

low (Olive To Golden)-Topaz- Mixed Emotions; Many Thoughts, Ok/Mellow, Fair, Vague, Emotional, Imaginative, Distracted, Interpretive, Just-So, Cautious, Unsettled, Disquieted, Strained, Foreboding Sense

=Green-Yellow (Green Amber To Gas Lamp)-Peridot- Emotions Mixed, Simmering, Enkindled Romance, Hoping, Expectant, Restless, Contrary, Irritated, Bewildered, Displeased, Uneasy, Distressed, Perturbed, Qualms

=Green (Jade Green To Light Green)-Emerald- Average Reading; Normal, Neutral, Fine, Good, Easily Amused, Alert, No Great Stress, Involved, Sensitive, Guarded, Undecided, Guessing, Envious, Jealous

=Blue-Green (Teal To Cyan)-Aquamarine- Inner Reading; Normal, Receiving, Flow, Inner Emotions Charged, Easier, Somewhat Relaxed, Enthused, Motivated, Surprised, Pleased, Upbeat, Renewed, Into, Flirtive

=Blue (Royal Blue To Sky Blue)-Sapphire- Happy, Relaxed, Fun/Spry, Calm, At Ease, Optimistic, Near Bliss, Lively, Joyful, Coasting, Peaceful, Caring/Kind, Pleasant, Moonstruck, Desire, Warm, Giving, Lovable

=Indigo/Dark Blue (Violet-Blue To Lavenflower)-Iolite/Lapis- Satisfied, Very Happy, Deeply Relaxed, Inner Harmony, Ecstatic, Tranquility, Bliss, Contented, Passionate, Lovestruck, Romantic, Aglow, In Love, Sublime

=Violet (Deep Violet To Lavender)-Sugulite- Love, Romance, Heat, Passion, Euphoric, Sensual, Blissful, Happy, Relaxed, Dreamer, Keen, Deep Thought, Intrigue, Mystical, Impulsive, Mischief/Sly, Irked, Moody

=Red-Violet (Aubergine To Mauve)-Amethyst- Revolution, Violent Love, Aflame, Romantic Vice, Emotional Extremes, Moodier Passions, Furious, Over The Edge, Raving, Sarcasm, Upheaval, Overwhelmed, Irate, Despair

=Pink (Magenta To Blush)-Rose Quartz- Loving, Affectionate, Warmth, Delight, Enchanted, Alright, Calmed, Pausing, Cool, Thoughtful, Curious, Reflection, Tender, Mystified, Unsure, Wonder/Shy, Infatuated, Charmed

=Glassstone (Ice Blue To Clear)-Quartz- Psychic, Subtle, Latent Aura, Uncanny Feeling, Elusive, Soundless, Numb, Phantom Moods, Phobic, Unreal, Emotionless, Undone, Empty, Moodstone Not Real; Faux/Fraud

=White (Moonstone To Mist)-Ivory/Opal- Contemplating, Philosophical, Constant, Temperate, Cooled, Stillness, Restrained, Indifferent, Bored, Confused, Uninterested, Frustrated, Pensive, Shocked/Stunned

=Gray (Dark Gray To Graystone)-Silver/Steel- Methodical, Practical, Waiting, Cooler, Distant, Somber, Remote, Inhibited, Blasé, Giving Up, Sad/Tired, Forsaken, Pessimistic, Stressed, Worn Out, Afraid/Paranoid

Archived