Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Speculation:Luke Chambers from The TREES

No thanks he has been absolutely cack for F***st this season, rather we go for Fitz Hall or Woodgate if we cannot get Chester.

This....

Im not normally negative on this forum but this guy is 100% no better than Sol, Mills, SSL or big Wes!

I have a few Forest mates and they all rave about Joel Lynch more than Chambers

Yes he may be free but he needs to be good enough.....

No thanks he has been absolutely cack for F***st this season, rather we go for Fitz Hall or Woodgate if we cannot get Chester.

Fitz Hall is cack! My QPR supporting friend slates him whenever he plays! Woodgate would demand too high wages and would probably be injured more often than not

Just on Chambers....

There are many attributes required to be a captain. Leadership abilities, communication skills, and arguably the more important, to be able to shoulder responsibility when it’s clear to see, that you were at fault.

All of these, Luke Chambers has failed miserably at for Nottingham Forest this season.

When Chambers was appointed captain by Steve McClaren ahead of the 2011/12 season, it was met mostly, with positive responses. After receiving the Player of the Season accolade in the 2010/11 season, and playing well in the heart of the defence, it seemed like the obvious move.

McClaren’s aim was to not disrupt the dressing room, and by appointing a man who was at Forest under Billy Davies and Colin Calderwood, McClaren hoped to send the message to the rest of the squad that continuity was crucial, and he wasn’t intent on changing the squad around to a large extent.

Events couldn’t have transpired more differently, though. Playing in the important central defensive position, it was vital his captaincy attributes came to the fore, but the armband was proving to be a curse for Chambers. A captain needs to be the one who leads by example, someone who could bellow instructions out, and have a positive effect on those around him, pulling them in the same direction.

With Chambers, everything that went wrong with the defence, was largely down to him, meaning his cries of desperation when events unfolding were unpleasant, fell on deaf ears, as he no longer possessed the right to be able to tell a fellow player how to do something, when he wasn’t leading by example in the first place. For ‘Chambo’, it was starting to become a matter of when he threw his toys out of the pram, rather than if.

Additionally, his post-match interviews have been embarrassing, to say the least. Blasting the fans saying, “Your negativity is not helping”, as the Forest contingent grew impatient of his dreadful performances. Furthermore, expressing his intention to not stick around if new owners aren’t in place for the 2012/13 season.

“I do not want to be playing down at the bottom of the division. I am used to playing in big, important matches where there are far more positive things at stake.” These comments taken from his recent outburst to the local press.

It’s obvious to the majority, Luke Chambers needs quite a few media lessons to help himself out. If he wants to be playing at the top level, I’d recommend one little thing to him. He has to actually put performances in that are worthy of being praised, rather than having shockers, and pointing the blame at others.

One person thinks Luke Chambers is good enough for the Premier League, and that’s Luke Chambers himself.

Contrast Luke Chambers’s attitude, to that of fellow centre half, and widely praised, Joel Lynch. There are many memories that stand out in the season just gone, that I’d rather forget. One that’s immovable, is the sight of Chris Wood as he marches past a resigned Luke Chambers, to slot past Camp.

Luke Chambers, a man who talked frequently about remaining postive, watched Chris Wood score. He doesn’t run, nor does he jog. He stands and looks on, as Guy Moussi gallops past him desperately, clinging on to the slim hope Camp saves Wood’s shot, and there’s a follow up to battle for. Not Chambers however, who remained unmoved on the halfway line.

Following the dismal display against Birmingham that day, which led to McClaren’s departure, one man came out to face the media. Joel Lynch, respected for his heart, desire and passion, faced it up, as he explained how the players had let McClaren down. Lynch, in that sole radio interview, demonstrated something Chambers had never shown, and that’s bottle.

Chambers was then effectively dumped as captain later in the season, although not publically, as Danny Higginbotham arrived. The chief organiser, and the one everyone looked to for guidance, Higginbotham showed in one game more than Chambers had shown all season.

Chambers has done little to encourage potential interest in him, as according to some newspapers, he’s on the radar of many clubs. More fool them, is all that can be said.

Fitz Hall is cack! My QPR supporting friend slates him whenever he plays! Woodgate would demand too high wages and would probably be injured more often than not

In the championship he was decent from what I saw of him, put it this way going for a F***st reject in Chambers is shite we can do so much better imo.

Craig met him a while back and Chambers said he was trying to get a move here because of the money we're paying.

More the more reason not to get him that because he wants the money and the fact he isn't particulary good enough for a team aspiring for promotion. What are the chances of getting Craig Dawson from WBA on loan.

In the championship he was decent from what I saw of him, put it this way going for a F***st reject in Chambers is shite we can do so much better imo.

He moaned about him in the Championship too. Makes too many errors for me. He's not really a reject though is he? You're just calling the bloke because he plays for Forest.

He moaned about him in the Championship too. Makes too many errors for me. He's not really a reject though is he? You're just calling the bloke because he plays for Forest.

No I am not the fact that the majority of their fans think he shit speaks volumes he certainly isn't the answer to our defensive problems anyway St Ledger is much better than him imo, the priority defensive signing that shouldn't be overlooked is a RB as Pelts isn't good enough for first choice as a back up yes he is good enough.

No I am not the fact that the majority of their fans think he shit speaks volumes he certainly isn't the answer to our defensive problems anyway St Ledger is much better than him imo, the priority defensive signing that shouldn't be overlooked is a RB as Pelts isn't good enough for first choice as a back up yes he is good enough.

I meant the fact you called him a reject :rolleyes: I agree that he isn't good enough, I never said he was. I definitely agree with you on the RB situation

More the more reason not to get him that because he wants the money and the fact he isn't particulary good enough for a team aspiring for promotion. What are the chances of getting Craig Dawson from WBA on loan.

lol Most of the players at our club are here for the money. Get real.

And that has been the problem half committed performances etc.

very true.

so what we need is young hungry pla....oh wait, reading the other threads apparently that's a bad idea too. because as we all know if they are playing in a lower league then they cant possibly do well in a higher league. sack pearson , sack him now, sack him yesterday!

;)

very true.

so what we need is young hungry pla....oh wait, reading the other threads apparently that's a bad idea too. because as we all know if they are playing in a lower league then they cant possibly do well in a higher league. sack pearson , sack him now, sack him yesterday!

;)

You don't have to be playing in the lower leagues to be young and hungry. Marshall from Stoke (they wanted to keep him as well), Drinkwater from United.

You don't have to be playing in the lower leagues to be young and hungry. Marshall from Stoke (they wanted to keep him as well), Drinkwater from Barnsley.

i was being sarcastic mate, but i wouldnt want chambers but im wondering if there is much substance to the Kelvin Wilson rumour?

i was being sarcastic mate, but i wouldnt want chambers but im wondering if there is much substance to the Kelvin Wilson rumour?

Fair enough, hard to read sarcasm on the net sometimes lol Neither would I. Best thing to do is take the speculation with a pinch of salt

Sound's familiar remember Jack Hobbs? He looked a shadow of the player he was the season after he won the player of the year award. And now he is one of Hulls prised assets. reuniting with Wes may do him good, plus on a free you can't grumble.

Archived