Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Speculation:Luke Chambers from The TREES

Rather than worry about luke chambers who has struggled all season and can be a good player but from hearing from forest fans is it too much risk and same kind player already got in loads?

I'd rather we went for danny higginbottom as prem class defender with championship knowledge and is a leader who I believe has been released from stoke so also on a free!

Rather than worry about luke chambers who has struggled all season and can be a good player but from hearing from forest fans is it too much risk and same kind player already got in loads?

I'd rather we went for danny higginbottom as prem class defender with championship knowledge and is a leader who I believe has been released from stoke so also on a free!

good shout, can play in more than one position and knows how to see out a game.

As I posted last year, I spoke to him on a night out in Wellingborough and he told me that he'd love to join us due to the money that he'd earn here. He was unhappy at Forest then.

Probably the same people calling him shite who slated Morgan before they actually saw him play regularly. But idolise average defenders like SSL and Bamba.

Babylon, i think you talk alot of sense and make some good points but this guy really isnt that great so have to disagree

Wes Morgan came from Forest with glowing references where as Chambers isnt.

I've said before i think we have good CB's that just need working with. Maybe a new RB to help then we're laughing!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/250456/Nigel-Pearson-battling-for-Nottingham-Forest-s-Luke-Chambers/

Looks like this rumour came from The Daily Star 14hours ago

NIGEL PEARSON BATTLING FOR NOTTINGHAM FOREST'S LUKE CHAMBERS

10th May 2012

By Daily Star Reporter

LEICESTER boss Nigel Pearson is battling Cardiff to land Nottingham Forest defender Luke Chambers on a free transfer.

Make of that what you will

This....

Im not normally negative on this forum but this guy is 100% no better than Sol, Mills, SSL or big Wes!

I have a few Forest mates and they all rave about Joel Lynch more than Chambers

Yes he may be free but he needs to be good enough.....

Absolutely bang on. As I've said before, it's no good us just picking up players for the sake of it, they have to be better than who we already have - especially if we want promotion.

We could go easily go out and sign half a dozen 'Championship standard' players but there's no point in that. If we want to be the best in the Championship, we're going to need some of the best players in the Championship and I'm not sure Luke Chambers fits into that category.

http://www.dailystar...-Luke-Chambers/

Looks like this rumour came from The Daily Star 14hours ago

NIGEL PEARSON BATTLING FOR NOTTINGHAM FOREST'S LUKE CHAMBERS

10th May 2012

By Daily Star Reporter

LEICESTER boss Nigel Pearson is battling Cardiff to land Nottingham Forest defender Luke Chambers on a free transfer.

Make of that what you will

I'd go to the Reds in Wales, Luke.

Babylon, i think you talk alot of sense and make some good points but this guy really isnt that great so have to disagree

Wes Morgan came from Forest with glowing references where as Chambers isnt.

I've said before i think we have good CB's that just need working with. Maybe a new RB to help then we're laughing!

And yet he won player of the year in a decent Forest team the season before. It's quite possible that under the correct manager he could regain that form, the same as Hobbs did after he left here.

i don't think we should be getting anyone in who has the potential to disrupt the squad anymore than it already is. if there's even an inkling of a bad attitude we should steer clear. there's a lot of work that has to be done to get us playing as a cohesive unit and we don't need distractions or anymore mercenaries.

And yet he won player of the year in a decent Forest team the season before. It's quite possible that under the correct manager he could regain that form, the same as Hobbs did after he left here.

Yes i take that point.

I just feel we should be aiming higher thats all as dont feel he's going to be any better than SSL or Bamba

I dont care how good he has been at other clubs....it is all about how good he does here if he does join.

When we heard hobbs and fryatt were leaving we all jumped on the bandwagon and claimed they were not good enough. Well since then we have had all sort of problems defensively without hobbs and fryatt has scored more than our mulltimillion pound £40,000 a week big signing.

Reserve judgement until he has actually played for us, i bet many of you would have reacted the same way if we announced we were signing holt or lambert 2-3 seasons ago, so just chill out.

Always looks solid when we have played them, and with morgan already here he would fit in nicely, and I for one hope we do sign him and proves all the moaners, who have yet to see him in a blue shirt, wrong!

I dont care how good he has been at other clubs....it is all about how good he does here if he does join.

When we heard hobbs and fryatt were leaving we all jumped on the bandwagon and claimed they were not good enough. Well since then we have had all sort of problems defensively without hobbs and fryatt has scored more than our mulltimillion pound £40,000 a week big signing.

Reserve judgement until he has actually played for us, i bet many of you would have reacted the same way if we announced we were signing holt or lambert 2-3 seasons ago, so just chill out.

Always looks solid when we have played them, and with morgan already here he would fit in nicely, and I for one hope we do sign him and proves all the moaners, who have yet to see him in a blue shirt, wrong!

Now you look here Grewks!

There`s no need for all your sensible talk on here thank you very much! ;)

Archived