Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Season ticket sales 'up 35 per cent on last year'

Interesting use of statistics from yourself in respect of Reading Season Tickets. Just been on their website and their cheapest Season ticket is £525 (£150 under 16's and £330 over 65's and 17-21, no concessions for students). In comparison City's cheapest ticket is £350 (a broad range of concessions from £0 to £260).

Pot calling the kettle I think.

Back though to the question of students, you may know differently but as I undterstand it, this concession was only offered for one season and very few other clubs offer it, clearly the club have had problems in monitoring their use and therefore decided to withdraw it in favour of cheaper tickets for all those 18-22. When changes are made there will always be winners and losers, but in this case it seems clear to me that there will be more winners than losers.

On the subject of prices in general, the increase this year has been more than I would have hoped, but if you take into account the free direct debit scheme then for most the increase will be minimal. For those with the biggest increases you can always opt to move to a cheaper area,

No it's not minimal, it's significant, and why should I move to a shit area of the ground just to get an affordable price?

As others have said, this time last year they'd been on sale for a lot longer than they have been this year.

It really does get my goat things like this, it's one thing to blatantly fleece us but I hate it when they try to bullshit us like we're fvcking morons.

i think people have to remember that it only says 'at this stage' meaning after one month of sales they've sold more than they had after one month last year. There are plenty of reasons why this is probably true.

- The season hadnt finished last year when they went on sale and people didnt know where they stood in terms of the league we'd be playing in (if prem then it would be a lot of sunday and monday nights which im sure plenty of people cant make it to).

- Family stand prices are frozen so everyone will be eager to get they're seats renewed with that extra 10% discount thingy u get for going as a family.

- There has been a hell of a lot of PR aimed towards them (All publicity is good publicity as they say) even if some of it is negative.

- The just the ticket area is shrinking (first few rows i think) meaning that people will want to guarantee their seat now before they all get taken.

- And then direct debits, with the new no fee scheme thing more people will renew earlier because they can pay monthly instead of as a lump sum and therefore dont put renewing off for as long as they would otherwise

Oh and students, stop moaning, how can u call it fair that u could be sitting next to someone ur age last season who was paying twice or three times as much? just cause ur a student doesnt mean u have less money than a lot of youngsters (i cant remember the figure for youth unemployment but its bloody high)

My mate made a fair point about a potential increase - purely on the fact that people would have the money ready for this years season tickets more than last year, purely because of how early they were out.

I agree that the 266 students probably went with family or friends so the knock on effect maybe higher than that of people no renewing.

Seeing as it's only 266 why cant the club just re instate the student discount? It's hardly going to break the bank.

Yeah why don't they give us all non student discount while they are at it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it's hardly going to break the bank.

Yeah why don't they give us all non student discount while they are at it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it's hardly going to break the bank.

lol Finished trolling on the Student Ticket thread eh? I actually want you to behave here how you behaved there; let everybody see how awful you are at saying anything on this topic worth reading.

Take the above quote for example, what is honestly the BEST you think will happen here as a result of saying that? A "non student discount" would apply to the total number of ST holders minus 266, which would have a larger financial impact than 266. 266 < Several Thousand. I know you know this already, unless I have severely overestimated your level of self awareness.

A student discount is normally offered in recognition of the fact that, generally speaking, students have less earning power and therefore less disposable cash to spend on whatever the concessionary rate is being applied to. To what extent do you think those facts can be applied across the board to "non students"? Think before you hit "Post", flowwolf, we have been through this.

If you try to use the same logical fallacies, absurd canards, and outright insults in this thread like you have done elsewhere I will be there to address every single one of them, and any "argument" you manage to muster up. I look forward to being called "unworthy" as you have your latest replacement ass handed to you on a plate by everybody else here lol

EDITED: Clarity

It really does get my goat things like this, it's one thing to blatantly fleece us but I hate it when they try to bullshit us like we're fvcking morons.

As I said pot calling the kettle

lol Finished trolling on the Student Ticket thread eh? I actually want you to behave here how you behaved there; let everybody see how awful you are at saying anything on this topic worth reading.

Take the above quote for example, what is honestly the BEST you think will happen here as a result of saying that? A "non student discount" would apply to the total number of ST holders minus 266, which would have a larger financial impact than 266. 266 < Several Thousand. I know you know this already, unless I have severely overestimated your level of self awareness.

A student discount is normally offered in recognition of the fact that, generally speaking, students have less earning power and therefore less disposable cash to spend on whatever the concessionary rate is being applied to. To what extent do you think those facts can be applied across the board to "non students"? Think before you hit "Post", flowwolf, we have been through this.

If you try to use the same logical fallacies, absurd canards, and outright insults in this thread like you have done elsewhere I will be there to address every single one of them, and any "argument" you manage to muster up. I look forward to being called "unworthy" as you have your latest replacement ass handed to you on a plate by everybody else here lol

If I was " trolling " you are my first customer by the sound of it. Have a think about that. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I do have a suggestion to make on the student tickets issue. Perhaps the club could indeed give students cheap tickets on a buy now pay full price later , by that I mean just like student loans when you enter full time employment after leaving college / Uni you could pay back the deficit to the club.

You would be in a financial position to pay it back having secured a much more lucrative job than those who did not go to further education but have been expected to pay full whack all along regardless of their financial state.. I believe the government expects you to pay back you student loan so why not L.C.F.C ?

This is not a wind up it is just a suggested answer to what has been a very thorny question. By the way you mention my alleged insults then launch into my " replacement ass " tirade, don't you see the irony in that ?

Not a bad idea at all. Don't think it will happen and would be a nightmare for the club to regulate, but at least it's an option

Yes I think you are right it would be a nightmare to regulate as were previous arrangements or lack of then to check if they were bona fide students using the discount tickets ,perhaps that is why the club don't regard 260 odd students as a loss in the great scheme of things and are aiming at the family's as a better long term recruitment option.

Guest MattP

Not a bad idea at all. Don't think it will happen and would be a nightmare for the club to regulate, but at least it's an option

They have the name, address etc on the database when you buy the tickets and you assume they will continue to renew, would just take a bit of honesty, send them an e-mail and suggest this. :thumbup:

If I was " trolling " you are my first customer by the sound of it. Have a think about that. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I do have a suggestion to make on the student tickets issue. Perhaps the club could indeed give students cheap tickets on a buy now pay full price later , by that I mean just like student loans when you enter full time employment after leaving college / Uni you could pay back the deficit to the club.

You would be in a financial position to pay it back having secured a much more lucrative job than those who did not go to further education but have been expected to pay full whack all along regardless of their financial state.. I believe the government expects you to pay back you student loan so why not L.C.F.C ?

This is not a wind up it is just a suggested answer to what has been a very thorny question. By the way you mention my alleged insults then launch into my " replacement ass " tirade, don't you see the irony in that ?

This reasonable suggestion (though administratively quite troublesome I would imagine) almost makes up for the several pages of drivel you posted about this topic before.

And in answer to your question, no. It's nothing like an insult, it's just a colloquial way of saying you were defeated severely in a debate. It doesn't cast aspersions on your character or contain a personal jibe, nor is it a falsehood because it is factually true to say that you lost. If I'd have attached an adjective to "ass" (other than 'replacement' which refers to how many you've gone through after having each one handed it to you) or said that your defeat was down to some overt problems with your intelligence or acumen then you might have a point, but I didn't and wouldn't. Good try though dude :)

They have the name, address etc on the database when you buy the tickets and you assume they will continue to renew, would just take a bit of honesty, send them an e-mail and suggest this. :thumbup:

I'll let Flowwolf do it, he's the brains behind the idea. Randomly I sent the club my CV a week or so ago to try and get a commercial role but not heard anything yet. When they make me commercial director I'll introduce it. And I'll swop the family stand with the KOP

This reasonable suggestion (though administratively quite troublesome I would imagine) almost makes up for the several pages of drivel you posted about this topic before.

And in answer to your question, no. It's nothing like an insult, it's just a colloquial way of saying you were defeated severely in a debate. It doesn't cast aspersions on your character or contain a personal jibe, nor is it a falsehood because it is factually true to say that you lost. If I'd have attached an adjective to "ass" (other than 'replacement' which refers to how many you've gone through after having each one handed it to you) or said that your defeat was down to some overt problems with your intelligence or acumen then you might have a point, but I didn't and wouldn't. Good try though dude :)

Stick to the theme young man and don't diverse. So would you be willing to pay back what you would owe on concession tickets ? and do you think that is a fair premise?

You really don't need to explain your abuse it's amusing and I can take it as much as I give it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

But DUDE ! really you have been americanised haven't you BUB :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest BlueBrett

I can easily believe there were only 266 student STs issued last year. The rest were probably all still getting in with their U18s tickets. Unless you have a full grey beard there's little chance of being pulled up on it.

For the second time in this thread, STUDENT SEASON TICKETS WERE SOLD TO THOSE STUDENTS, IN FULL-TIME EDUCATION, WHO WERE OVER THE AGE OF 22 AT THE TIME. THAT IS WHY THE NUMBER IS SO LOW.

:frusty:

For the second time in this thread, STUDENT SEASON TICKETS WERE SOLD TO THOSE STUDENTS, IN FULL-TIME EDUCATION, WHO WERE OVER THE AGE OF 22 AT THE TIME. THAT IS WHY THE NUMBER IS SO LOW.

:frusty:

Really, not my understanding I thought the student category has only been introduced this year, but show me thje evidence if I am wrong

Are you Susan Whelan?

Why do you ask, are fans not allowed to show any degree of support for the people who have sunk millions into this club. I guess it is easier to have a pop at me personally rather than defend your argument.

Why do you ask, are fans not allowed to show any degree of support for the people who have sunk millions into this club. I guess it is easier to have a pop at me personally rather than defend your argument.

I don't even know what you're argument is, you just said 'pot calling the kettle' which doesn't really make any sense. I'm not fleecing the club, I'm not bullshitting them and talking to them like they're retards.

The fact is ticket prices have gone up on average by 8%, and that's taking into account the frozen prices in the family stand. And that's after a poor season.

Lets not make out the club are giving us a good deal or cutting us slack, they're bleeding us dry, the pricing system has been a joke for some time and it still is.

And while we're at it, millions for the Thais aint what millions is for me. We're not even sure it's all their's are we? Think about how much money I, and many fans have put into the club over the years before coming out with that crap. I'm doing it because I love the club and love watching football, they're doing it because they hope they get a return for their investment.

They aren't the scum of the earth but they aren't saints either.

Stick to the theme young man and don't diverse. So would you be willing to pay back what you would owe on concession tickets ? and do you think that is a fair premise?

You really don't need to explain your abuse it's amusing and I can take it as much as I give it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

But DUDE ! really you have been americanised haven't you BUB :D :D :D :D :D :D

You took my advice on behaving yourself; for that I thank you. The quality of your submissions has improved dramatically in this thread. Who said an old dog can't learn new tricks? Somebody ignorant of the true extent of an old dog's drive and determination to better himself, that's who.

In answer to your first question: yes. I have already said that my reason for agreeing with student concessions is largely based on a temporary loss of earning potential. So when that earning potential meets or exceeds everybody else's, a staggered repayment system wouldn't necessarily be contrary to principles of fairness. It would present quite a difficult administrative task to do this and would probably be quite tricky to enforce.

I will give you one chance to retract your accusation of "abuse", given its ludicrous lack of truth and substance. If you don't take it, I have no problem in going through each one of your posts of late in which you have directly insulted somebody with no hint of irony or parody and putting them all in one place. I'm a tax-dodging student with lots of time on my hands remember, I have plenty of time to do that sort of thing.

Your appraisal of the word "dude" is about as outdated as your opinion of students. The word has become sufficiently Anglicised over the course of a few decades. I presumed you would know what sort of the words the young'ns are using these days given how much you know about the amount of tax they pay.

Archived