Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Season ticket sales 'up 35 per cent on last year'

Really, not my understanding I thought the student category has only been introduced this year, but show me thje evidence if I am wrong

Nope. It wasn't advertised, hence no links, but I had a student ST during the L1 season as I was in full time education for that year.

I just wish I knew who student season tickets were sold to... :ph34r:

Pipe down. I know where you live.

I don't even know what you're argument is, you just said 'pot calling the kettle' which doesn't really make any sense. I'm not fleecing the club, I'm not bullshitting them and talking to them like they're retards.

The fact is ticket prices have gone up on average by 8%, and that's taking into account the frozen prices in the family stand. And that's after a poor season.

Lets not make out the club are giving us a good deal or cutting us slack, they're bleeding us dry, the pricing system has been a joke for some time and it still is.

And while we're at it, millions for the Thais aint what millions is for me. We're not even sure it's all their's are we? Think about how much money I, and many fans have put into the club over the years before coming out with that crap. I'm doing it because I love the club and love watching football, they're doing it because they hope they get a return for their investment.

They aren't the scum of the earth but they aren't saints either.

Firstly an apology my first use of the term "pot calling the kettle" was aimed at neilowatford and has assumed that your reply had come from him. Note to self check names of all posters before responding.

But you accuse the club of bullshitting but are clearly unable to interpret what they have said. Quote from the club website "

Early sales up 35% on the

same

stage

a

s last season". Like others have said there are many good reasons for that but you cannot blame the club in trying boost sales by giving positive news.

Watching football is now a pretty expensive pass time, and I like you have put in thousands over the last forty years of following the foxes. Yes the owners I am sure are hoping/expecting to get a return on their money, but there is by no means any guarantee that they will, in fact I wonder how many clubs you can name who are currently making a profit.

I wish it was different but football no longer exists for the fans but for the players (it is they who make nearly all the money), but it still gives many of us a fare degree of pleasure. Prices at Filbert Way are comparable with clubs of similar size and status (the sheeps prices increased by 10%) despite the price increase.

By all means critisise the owners for errors of judgement in the price increase but I just feel accusing them of fleecing us when they are putting in millions is somewhat unfair.

Stop whinging

So what, the club claim season ticket sales up 35%.... so what

Sell your wife/house/children whatever it takes.

Get a season ticket and then get down there and support the city.

Reclaim the terraces (ok stands), get an atmosphere going (OHHH NO!!!! the moderators will kill me I mentioned the word ATMOSPHERE) and enjoy yourself!!!! Lets face it, with the Economy/Europe?country? the world going down the pan it may be all we have left!!!!

You took my advice on behaving yourself; for that I thank you. The quality of your submissions has improved dramatically in this thread. Who said an old dog can't learn new tricks? Somebody ignorant of the true extent of an old dog's drive and determination to better himself, that's who.

In answer to your first question: yes. I have already said that my reason for agreeing with student concessions is largely based on a temporary loss of earning potential. So when that earning potential meets or exceeds everybody else's, a staggered repayment system wouldn't necessarily be contrary to principles of fairness. It would present quite a difficult administrative task to do this and would probably be quite tricky to enforce.

I will give you one chance to retract your accusation of "abuse", given its ludicrous lack of truth and substance. If you don't take it, I have no problem in going through each one of your posts of late in which you have directly insulted somebody with no hint of irony or parody and putting them all in one place. I'm a tax-dodging student with lots of time on my hands remember, I have plenty of time to do that sort of thing.

Your appraisal of the word "dude" is about as outdated as your opinion of students. The word has become sufficiently Anglicised over the course of a few decades. I presumed you would know what sort of the words the young'ns are using these days given how much you know about the amount of tax they pay.

EDITED: Clarity

I took your advice ! lol lol lol lol lol great piece of trolling ! your getting better. lol lol lol lol Dude indeed

But I digress. It's just a thought but have you expressed your strong views on the subject of the removal of student ticket subsidies directly to the club and asked for a explanation ? I would have thought that would be a much more positive way to vent your spleen than coming on here bleating about your loss. I for one would be interested to know what they have to say on the subject.

Then you ought to work for the postal service, they seem to be sending all the good stuff to someone else's address.

I have fallen out with Royal Fail, big time.

Had a phone call from the ticket office today trying to get me to renew my ST I said I was still thinking about it.

Is there any way of renewing via direct debit online?

No.

For the umpteenth season running the internet continues to be a scary and confusing place for the club. You'll need to get in touch with the TO mate.

For the second time in this thread, STUDENT SEASON TICKETS WERE SOLD TO THOSE STUDENTS, IN FULL-TIME EDUCATION, WHO WERE OVER THE AGE OF 22 AT THE TIME. THAT IS WHY THE NUMBER IS SO LOW.

:frusty:

I got a student season ticket and i was 18... :unsure:

I got a student season ticket and i was 18... :unsure:

You got an Under 22 ticket, which is what the Student ticket prices were set at.

I can promise you they weren't. They were set at U18 prices. Last season an U22 ST was £330 where I sit. An U18/student was £130.

Really? I was told that student tickets were specifically for those over the age of 22. Of course, the Ticket Office could be wrong...

Really? I was told that student tickets were specifically for those over the age of 22. Of course, the Ticket Office could be wrong...

Same for me Lisa, I was £225(ish) for an U22 in L1 a couple of seasons ago, last season I paid £130 as a student, and the U22 price was more than that.

That's where the club shot themselves in the foot, setting the student price too low last year.

Same for me Lisa, I was £225(ish) for an U22 in L1 a couple of seasons ago, last season I paid £130 as a student, and the U22 price was more than that.

That's where the club shot themselves in the foot, setting the student price too low last year.

I get the impression they don't know what they're doing. It's not what they've been telling us in FCC meetings!

I get the impression they don't know what they're doing. It's not what they've been telling us in FCC meetings!

Too many mixed messages. One person in the TO will tell you one thing, someone else will tell you something different. So basically all uni students would have paid £130 last season providing they could prove they were in full time education. Find it hard to believe only 250-odd supporters fell into that category.

Too many mixed messages. One person in the TO will tell you one thing, someone else will tell you something different. So basically all uni students would have paid £130 last season providing they could prove they were in full time education. Find it hard to believe only 250-odd supporters fell into that category.

I'm over 22 and paid £130 for my student ticket last year, year before i paid under 22 discount. The way I understand it is, the 200 figure is the amount of fans that received a student discount last year but this year will not be entitled to any discount this year, i.e those over 22.

Like all discount schemes City have offered, they wouldn't have known because it was never advertised. I only found out about the Student ticket by accident, but I was glad that I did.

It's been a bone of contention with the Club, in any case. I've had to argue vigorously to keep a discounted option for older students, and was told that these would be the only Student tickets on offer; those aged under 22 would benefit from the pricing structure in place for them. But I'm not surprised that the option has now gone.

https://tools-lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/f7/6c/0,,10274~158967,00.pdf

Here's the brochure from last year. That's strange that the club would blatantly lie to you and send you on the wrong path after it clearly says on last years brochure!

Archived