Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Kelvin Wilson NP still wants him?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4360653/Foxes-still-want-Kelvin-Wilson.html

EXCLUSIVE

By DEREK McGREGOR

Published: Today at 00:49

LEICESTER CITY boss Nigel Pearson is desperate to push through a deal for Kelvin Wilson — even if a proposed swap with Celtic for Matt Mills collapses.

SunSport understands Pearson has just returned from holiday and is pressing City’s owners to get the stopper.

He would also love to see £5million transfer-listed defender Mills go.

Contrary to reports Pearson was no longer interested in Wilson, he is keen to reunite him with his ex-Nottingham Forest team-mate Wes Morgan.

Wilson is not being pushed out by Celtic but boss Neil Lennon is aware of Pearson’s interest, while also being keen to sign Mills with Glenn Loovens and Daniel Majstorovic leaving.

But didn't we already refuse a swap deal with money coming our way? Don't know how much we were to be given but we apparently turned it down, if NP really was "desperate" to get Wilson then I'd have thought that the first offer for a swap would've been accepted.

Would be surprised if this were true as it could all have been done and dusted two weeks ago in a player + cash swap with Mills. I still think Chester is Pearson's main target and a sale only policy for Mills will raise the cash to make the Chester move achievable.

But didn't we already refuse a swap deal with money coming our way? Don't know how much we were to be given but we apparently turned it down, if NP really was "desperate" to get Wilson then I'd have thought that the first offer for a swap would've been accepted.

Maybe we will get more money from Bolton than Celtics deal? Than with the money from the Bamba sale we can get Kelvin Wilson, and from Mills sale to Bolton potentially we can get Chester.

2 CBs replaced 2 bought in.

Maybe we will get more money from Bolton than Celtics deal? Than with the money from the Bamba sale we can get Kelvin Wilson, and from Mills sale to Bolton potentially we can get Chester.

2 CBs replaced 2 bought in.

Suppose you might be right there, but this Wilson swap deal was the first to crop up and if NP really was "desperate" to get Wilson I'd have thought he'd have accepted.

Also, I'm not sure if funds are really an issue here, wouldn't the Thais just provide an extra million if needed - that isn't that much to ask if you think about the amount they've spent before.

Archived