Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
carlhltid

leicester city chants past and present

Don't hear this one anymore:

In your forest* slums,

In your forest slums,

You find a dead dog in the middle of the street,

You take it home cos you think it's s treat,

In your forest slums...

* whichever fits the opposition (brummie, cockney, derby etc)

Don't hear this one anymore:

In your forest* slums,

In your forest slums,

You find a dead dog in the middle of the street,

You take it home cos you think it's s treat,

In your forest slums...

* whichever fits the opposition (brummie, cockney, derby etc)

in the coventry slums your dads on the dole and your mums in the nick you cant get a job cus your so ****ing thick in the coventry slums

if were talking most hated "i wana go home" is up there for me.. over used, @ shit times,then the same tune used on so many different chants..

Nah, i think it's adorable when Hull / Forest / Leeds fans sing it, as if they've never been to their home cities. :P

for the away support

Leicester Boys we are here wooohhh woooohhh!

Leicester Boys we are here wooohhh woooohhh!

Leicester Boys we are here, sh4g your women and drink your beer woooohhohhh woohhhohhh!

always makes me smile

if were talking most hated "i wana go home" is up there for me.. over used, @ shit times,then the same tune used on so many different chants..

Correct.

Especially when you get all the 15-year-old replica-over-hoodie types singing it half an hour before kick off. Ridiculous.

I wish I knew more of these older chants, I'm only 19 so as a result don't know as many, but they're far better than most of todays.

Today's are actually horrendous in comparison.

I did hear those were the days at somewhere a couple of years back, think it was Hartlepool.

Some songs are only good in context.

'This is a shithole' was fine when we were 2-0 up at Derby with 15 minutes to go and comfortable.

Even 'Who the **** are Coventry' was funny the first time it was sung, being a decent retort to their Interbred song.

The problem is that a song is funny once because of the context, then gets massively overused and becomes a mongfest.

Some songs are only good in context.

'This is a shithole' was fine when we were 2-0 up at Derby with 15 minutes to go and comfortable.

Even 'Who the **** are Coventry' was funny the first time it was sung, being a decent retort to their Interbred song.

The problem is that a song is funny once because of the context, then gets massively overused and becomes a mongfest.

90% of our songs nowadays have turned into over-used mongfests IMO, but maybe it's just me growing bored with it in general. I really don't know.

• 5 weeks later...

No one sings the slums song as everyone seems to have a different version lol

In your Nottingham slums your mums on the game and your dads I'n the knick

You can't get a job Cus ur so Fu****** thick

You look I'n the dustbin for something to eat you find a dead dog and you think it's a treat

Theres piss on the pavement and sh*t I'n the street

In your Nottingham slums

Were Leicester were Leicester

Well that's what I thought anyway lol îŽ

Archived