Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is This The Year For Leicester City?

quite a lot of teams have been taken over, but havent attracted big sponsorship deals and invested academy facilities and club shops etc! These bookies always compare us to man city, but they don't compare Cardiff to Man City. Maybe we're on another level, hence we're always favourites. I think we will win the league, we have a better manager,a fitter squad then last season and we'll have options on the bench, which we didn't have for large parts of next season. Lets be positive

It's beyond me how we can be bookies faves at present.

Bolton have strengthened, so have Blackburn, although they have lost a couple too. Wolves I don't think have sold many?

These three have gotta be stronger than our CURRENT squad.

With any luck we'll get a couple in but how things stand now, I can't see us storming the league?

I have to agree. I don't see that we have strengthened much at all. I have a feeling we will see the return of the likes of Waghorn who, despite the having the biggest heart and most desire on the pitch, just lacks the ability to play at the top level. I think if Nigel's cull works, the best we will get is a galvanised team spirit that lacks the ability to pull away at the top of the table. I'm personally putting my expectations at the level of play-offs. I hope the drive to cut wages means the owners have also lowered their expectation of automatic promotion too. Otherwise I can see us sitting outside the play-off positions in October with no manager.

In many ways Nigel is the type of manager that you want in charge of a low budget side that aims to sneak the odd year in the premiership via the play-offs. He's not the man to do a 'Roberto Mancini' and help us buy the league. After the whirl wind of spending and excitement, and in the context of big clubs going bust, perhaps its best that we aim to be a well-run sustainable family club. On the plus side we get more games in the championship, better value for money, and we also get to enjoy one of the lower leagues in addition to the premiership. I know that in the O'Neill years I forgot about the lower leagues, missing out on all the excitement of following the league in detail.

I won't be putting a bet on us to win the league, I would however put a large sum of money on us not featuring in the top two. :)

No going to happen.

But a promotion party at the City Ground would just be out of this world!

I shudder to think how long we'd be kept in......

Guest MattP

Probably not.

Does anybody know a bookie that will take bets on us not going up?

Most of them, will be 2/5 max though.

Our current team is far from what will be the finished product. You should all know that. It's still in the developing process. We need another 3-5 signings and we'll be all set. Can't believe people are judging our current side. I think we'll have less pressure, I think it's due to the fact that the players and the manager has/had learnt their mistakes and will improve them starting from next week. Last summer's signings have had the negative experiences and will come over them alongside the new arrivals of this year's signings.

Top two is out of the question in my opinion to be honest. I see it as Wolves walking it with their 45-man squad and Bolton (which we and Mills would benefit if we were to lend him on loan). Hull and Cardiff are strong favourites as well alongside newly takeovered Forest, Leeds and Watford (eventually if ever). But in truth I'd say our squad is stronger than Southampton in this present stage and Reading proved you don't need a 15+ striker to win the league so anything is possible.

My expectation levels are not at an all time high. With the squad we have right now, we'll be round about 10th. Even with the 6 signings I think we need I won't expect too much. My expectation levels will be about the same as with England in the Euros. We reached the point I expected and no more but I hoped for better. So, currently expecting about 10th, with signings expecting a play off challenge but hoping for better

It's going to be interesting to see what players Wolves & Bolton can keep hold of. I'm not worried about Blackburn at all as they have a poor manager and they're owners are a disgrace. I think Bolton have the title in the bag unless Coyle can get Mills playing the way he played for us then they won't make playoffs. We need more creative signings, players who like to run with the ball and create chances for Nugent & Beckford who are great strikers for us and can take us up. Although they have been criticised well Beckford has i think he is a player who can create something for himself in the box, with the right supply and energy in the midfield we can make a serious push. However one thing Leicester City doesn't do is CONSISTENCY key to promotion.

I can't see us getting promotion this season. We need time for the (incomplete) squad to gel. That could take more than one season.

That season was last. This season is when it all comes together nicely (I hope).

Archived