Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Fair Play to Derby - Standing Up!

As the East Stand is the one stand we've already got planning permission to redevelop (although I'm unsure if new permission would have to be sought for such a drastic change), I would think the club would originally convert blocks L and K, and if those sections were regularly filled to capacity, then sections H1 and G2 would follow, with sections J1-3 kept seated due to the high value seating contained within.

Potential.

Might be a bit off the beaten track for some, would be good if you could get it at either the Counting House or Local Hero for maximum exposure.

Yep, not just Villa and Derby.

Everton offered themselves as a guinea pig as and when they build a new stadium, Oxford want their fourth stand at the Kassam to be safe standing and as Voll Blau says, Posh have been in negotiations to replace their terraces with safe standing.

England's waking up.

Potential.

Might be a bit off the beaten track for some, would be good if you could get it at either the Counting House or Local Hero for maximum exposure.

True. Which of those two would be better in terms of location? The counting house has more of its own private space than the local hero doesnt it? And if there are posh fans there it could tie in nicely if theyre interested too.

The Symphony Rooms (Halftime Orange that was) on Burnmoor St might be worth a try.

Aye, and they have that car park next to the Citroen dealer as well. I'd say a massive proportion of City fans would have to pass it to get to the ground.

True. Which of those two would be better in terms of location? The counting house has more of its own private space than the local hero doesnt it? And if there are posh fans there it could tie in nicely if theyre interested too.

Counting House might be the better of the two because of the space, it's away fan friendly too so you'd get Posh fans seeing it as well.

From what I can gather Peterborough fans don't have any group rallying round to save their standing areas, although fortunately apparently the club itself is very interested in doing so now they realise all-seater would be a daft idea.

I support "safe standing areas" provided the views of those sitting adjacent to these areas are not obstructed by those standing.

How will this possible stumbling block be addressed? Unless the safe standing areas are only in the corners of the ground which would not be popular areas for fans to choose I don't see how the difficulties over sight lines can be overcome.

Grounds like Peterborough with a completely separate stand do not present such physical difficulties.

The problem lies with the dimentions of the steps are taller than for the seating areas that we are familiar with today I think for it to be a straight swap over. Be great if something could be done though

Most Bundesliga grounds are bowls and there seems to be no problem there.

Would imagine [email protected] would be able to answer your question though.

I suppose LCFC could simply block off the appropriate corner/s of the ground but this would reduce the ground's capacity which is rarely filled at the moment but would probably be filled if and when we reach the PL.

Do these rail seats need a change in regulation from the government? Because if it does I can't see it ever happening, I know scotland has given the go ahead but there regulations arent close to how strict ours are when it comes to standing.

The Safe Standing Roadshow website http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-proposal refers to “appropriate new regulations” needing to be in place first. Even if there were such regulations in place each proposal would need to satisfy such legislation and I don't know whether the gradients/sight lines at the King Power Stadium would make it a practical candidate.

The Safe Standing Roadshow website http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-proposal refers to “appropriate new regulations” needing to be in place first. Even if there were such regulations in place each proposal would need to satisfy such legislation and I don't know whether the gradients/sight lines at the King Power Stadium would make it a practical candidate.

Ah ok, so no chance.

Archived