Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Fair Play to Derby - Standing Up!

He definitely has the knowledge. Maybe in light of Derby's official support of the concept it'd be worth asking the club again. It'd be more beneficial to us if it was on the grounds premises as then employees of the club would be able to take an official interest. For example I could hardly see NP sneaking off to the kazkazini car park for a look.

if you want the club to see it matchdays aren't the best option there's too much else going on.

if you want the club to see it matchdays aren't the best option there's too much else going on.

Sensible argument to be honest.

If possible, the August bank holiday might be a decent shout.

Hopefully the weather will hold out, the kids will still be off from school and if well-publicised you'd get a healthy turnout.

Sensible argument to be honest.

If possible, the August bank holiday might be a decent shout.

Hopefully the weather will hold out, the kids will still be off from school and if well-publicised you'd get a healthy turnout.

Both yours and davie g points taken. My thoughts on each scenario are as follows.

If we chose a non match day, you'd have had to have persuaded the club (which we know will take some doing) to take an interest, even unofficially. Also, how many fans would realistically come down, when its the last chance for families to be on holiday before the school starts. Itd just be our luck that the club would take an initial interest to then use the excuse of lack of interest from the fans to then withdraw

Holding it on a matchday would IMO get a lot more publicity throughout the fans, and say with the use of a petition or collection of signatures from the fans, we at least have something solid to show the club that x amount of fans are interested/back the concept and then the club may agree to have a look behind closed doors at a second roadshow.

Thoughts?

Both yours and davie g points taken. My thoughts on each scenario are as follows.

If we chose a non match day, you'd have had to have persuaded the club (which we know will take some doing) to take an interest, even unofficially. Also, how many fans would realistically come down, when its the last chance for families to be on holiday before the school starts. Itd just be our luck that the club would take an initial interest to then use the excuse of lack of interest from the fans to then withdraw

Holding it on a matchday would IMO get a lot more publicity throughout the fans, and say with the use of a petition or collection of signatures from the fans, we at least have something solid to show the club that x amount of fans are interested/back the concept and then the club may agree to have a look behind closed doors at a second roadshow.

Thoughts?

This. We need to get the support from as large a number a supporters as we can to put a bit of pressure on the club.

I wasn't saying don't hold it on a match day as it has definite merits to it just not too expect much club involvement.

Getting a large number of fans behind it before get in the club involved is a good idea as there seems to be plenty that simply do not understand the concept.

It would clearly be best if it were present on a match day. To have any chance of that you would need to give the club plenty of notice so they could choose the most appropriate game, probably one of the lower risk categories.

You will need to get Mr Barclay on board which will mean compliance with any requests he would have. The best option, in my opinion, would be when the club has one of it's fun days such as the winter wonderland as there would already be other demonstration type things at the stadium.

Well to be honest boys, i can't remember the last time i sat down at a match, i'm an L1 season ticket holder, so stand every home game, and if i'm away and any of the check blanket brigade are behind me i just move, the day i have to sit at football is the day i stop going, and believe it or not i'm an old git of 54 yrs of age................

Well to be honest boys, i can't remember the last time i sat down at a match, i'm an L1 season ticket holder, so stand every home game, and if i'm away and any of the check blanket brigade are behind me i just move, the day i have to sit at football is the day i stop going, and believe it or not i'm an old git of 54 yrs of age................

I've always said the day L and K have to sit will be the day I hand my ticket back. Already knocked wembley on the head.

Anyone know whether this Kevin berkley visits this website? Past or present?

I've always said the day L and K have to sit will be the day I hand my ticket back. Already knocked wembley on the head.

The club also said it was actually easier to retro fit these new seats in older grounds, where the step levels may have already been set for standing, in comparison to new ones, where more expensive modifications would be necessary.

I was disappointed they wouldn't accept the alternate view that a system like rail seats wouldn't need a change in gradient. In fact, it would be necessary to keep it the same, in order to use the seats.

The impression that I got was that, as non-footballing people, they've been scared into thinking standing is inherently dangerous.

Thanks, DG :)

I was disappointed they wouldn't accept the alternate view that a system like rail seats wouldn't need a change in gradient. In fact, it would be necessary to keep it the same, in order to use the seats.

The impression that I got was that, as non-footballing people, they've been scared into thinking standing is inherently dangerous.

Thanks, DG :)

Are you a lawyer?

You and Bilo would have Barclay and co tongue tied

Do these rail seats need a change in regulation from the government? Because if it does I can't see it ever happening, I know scotland has given the go ahead but there regulations arent close to how strict ours are when it comes to standing.

I think that even with it being proven safe on the continent, the outdated stigma attatched to terracing here following Hillsborough will (unfairly) hinder any attempts to introduce it.

It was a tragedy, yes, but it's pretty much established now that it was terrible policing, draconian cage fences and poor crowd control that led to the overcrowding that then led to Hillsborough, not terracing itself. Call me controversial, but I'd say many of the Liverpool fans that showed up in Sheffield and flooded the stands that day without presenting a ticket or attempting to buy one were just as to blame for the ensuing chaos as the set-up itself. But because they're "such a big club" with "so much historeeee" it's become taboo to question their behaviour that day.

And it's their refusal to accept partial blame for Hillsborough, and that resultant taboo, that has made real, balanced discussion about safe standing in British football nigh-on impossible. But as we've seen so many times, Liverpool will never accept they're in the wrong about anything - proven again with the Suarez scandal - and they continue to be a negative thorn in the side of modernising the game.

Are you a lawyer?

You and Bilo would have Barclay and co tongue tied

Thanks, Stu.

I'm a non-practicing lawyer who very much wants to be practicing!

Thanks, Stu.

I'm a non-practicing lawyer who very much wants to be practicing!

How can you improve if you don't practice? :P

Always found the use of the word practicing funny in this context.

How can you improve if you don't practice? :P

Always found the use of the word practicing funny in this context.

Lawyers and doctors, two professions where you'd hope they get it right!

Guys good to see that you have raised this thread up on here following my clubs decision to go public on safe standing.

Following my trip to Hannover to actually see a stand full of safe standing I can honestly say that this would improve the English game. This is not terracing, this is safe standing, something that has never been used in England.

As suggested a few months ago you need to get a roadshow to Leicester. Jon who runs the show is fantastic and will answer any questions you may have. I arranged for Derby to see the show privately and then for the fans to see the show in the evening at a pub.

I have had several meetings with Clough about this and he was keen to go public on our interest for safe standing. There are only 2 clubs to go public and the other one is Villa. Lots more clubs are interested but not yet public, hope this will change as the more clubs that do will mean the best possible chance of leglislation changing.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Nick

Out of interest, if this was ever to happen at the KP then what size what would we be looking at for a 'standing section'.

Lets say for example that L and K section became the standing section...would that then mean that there will be a zero tolerance on standing at other areas of the ground (top of the Kop for example)? I'd imagine L and K would be full quite rapidly so would fans then sit down everywhere else.

I personally think it needs to be much bigger than a couple of sections, even as much as a whole stand (Kop) to allow for expansion and growing interest. L and K is predominantly standing already so a standing section in those two blocks doesn't change an awful lot.

Archived