Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bakerfox123

Our fans

I concur with this man. Tighter garments generally all round. I think we should change our mascot from fox to camel toe as-well. I like foxes but they're made of bloody string and always get ran over

That's the spirit & I do hope you don't mind me calling you BJs for short :P

Personally, the result means nothing to me- I'm not wooried at all. also not feeling huge negativity by city fans either. We have negative fans, positive fans and neutral fans just like any other club. You will see this same article on hundreds of clubs forums of teams that lost a friendly against lower level op this week. Just seems like the author is crying out for some bromance. IMHO (soz author, no disrespect).

Personally, the result means nothing to me- I'm not wooried at all. also not feeling huge negativity by city fans either. We have negative fans, positive fans and neutral fans just like any other club. You will see this same article on hundreds of clubs forums of teams that lost a friendly against lower level op this week. Just seems like the author is crying out for some bromance. IMHO (soz author, no disrespect).

Daggers will hunt you down for saying that word!!

We should have hung onto Howard he would have won the game for us like he did for Hartlepool against Sunderland.

Fans calling other fans twats for having a differing opinion shock. If it helps I think you are all twats no matter what your opinions. It is wrong to discriminate in this day and age. :)

Good post .....let's have a mutual ' twat in ' :)

Hung onto Howard? That great lump who covered around 5m2 every game and just moaned at the ref? He was a throw back to 70s football.

I wasn't being serious.

Our fans are no different to any other clubs fans.

We are not unique in our criticism or support of players or management.

Being overly negative or overly positive does not make you more or less of a fan.

I didn't say it made you less of a fan. Of course other clubs have over positive and over negative fans it's just that we have more of them. When our team doesn't live up to our over positive fans expectations, those fans get very disappointed and turn negative. Add them to the already over negative fans and we get negativity all round the ground and booing. Players and managers generally get booed after a few bad seasons at other clubs, here they get booed after 45 minutes or before they even set foot on the pitch. It's not good to be at either end of the positivity scale. I wouldn't say the fans in the middle of the scale like myself were neutral, that sounds like we don't support the club at all. Realistic is probably the right word. Personally, I always hope we do well but never expect it and i'm always positive in vocal support. Negative support and booing drags the team and everybody else down.

Being overly negative or overly positive does not make you more or less of a fan.

It kind of does make you less of a supporter, in that you aren't supporting the team.

:whistle:

It kind of does make you less of a supporter, in that you aren't supporting the team.

:whistle:

I say again now cos this is really getting on mi thruppeny bits...

This is a football forum... Just because people may criticise, question, get worried, be overjoyed etc etc does not make them any more or less of a City fan!

I sometimes post on here that such a such a player isn't good enough in my opinion. It doesn't mean that I then go down the ground and start to boo that same player at a game. It also doesnt mean that I 'hate them'.

The raison d'être of a forum like this, to my mind, is to debate, to discuss, to inform, to banter, to be happy, to moan......

I've been a City fan since I was 7, have seen good and bad times, great and crappy players. Just because I may not be fantastically positive about the coming season, nor majorly negative, it don't mean I ain't a 'proper fan' of the club.

And, just because I don't go to every away game, don't mean I ain't a proper fan either..

Finally, do you really think that our players give much of a shite about what gets posted on here? I would suspect, if they read the forum, that most would give a little chuckle, then happily take home their 15k per week.

Jesus, if we're getting blame the fans threads in pre-season I dread to think what it's going to be like later on.

Blame the player threads, we still need a replacement for Wellens and back ups for Gallagher & Dyer in case they're not playing regularly.

I say again now cos this is really getting on mi thruppeny bits...

This is a football forum... Just because people may criticise, question, get worried, be overjoyed etc etc does not make them any more or less of a City fan!

I sometimes post on here that such a such a player isn't good enough in my opinion. It doesn't mean that I then go down the ground and start to boo that same player at a game. It also doesnt mean that I 'hate them'.

The raison d'être of a forum like this, to my mind, is to debate, to discuss, to inform, to banter, to be happy, to moan......

I've been a City fan since I was 7, have seen good and bad times, great and crappy players. Just because I may not be fantastically positive about the coming season, nor majorly negative, it don't mean I ain't a 'proper fan' of the club.

And, just because I don't go to every away game, don't mean I ain't a proper fan either..

Finally, do you really think that our players give much of a shite about what gets posted on here? I would suspect, if they read the forum, that most would give a little chuckle, then happily take home their 15k per week.

+1

I agree with the OP. I thought some of the negativity may return after the Shrewsbury defeat. To be fair, although friendlies are good to build up that winning mentality, they are good for getting match fit again... I just hope we get off to a good start, otherwise the 'Nigel shouldnt be manager' posts will be flying around again.

It takes time to build a squad, and we have some new players again this season. Regardless of how many league positions above Shrewsbury we are, I wouldn't expect us to go out and score 5 against them already. I personally have faith in Nigel Pearson and his staff though.

Archived