Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bakerfox123

Our fans

So today we lost against Shrewsbury which no one was expecting, granted. But two goals, one of which looked offside although a great finish and a long ranger, could of possibly not gone in on other days. It's not all doom and gloom seeing as its only the second friendly and I have people already saying we are in for a long season. Getting fed up of the constant negativity, I mean at least we have a club! Pompey might go soon and they are probably more positive than some of us miserable lot.

Whilst I think there's a context of it being pre-season and not getting too excited by a result, I'm tired of people moaning about anyone that seems to question anything surrounding LCFC.

It's a forum about LCFC.

We've just played a pre-season friendly - the testing ground for the manager to see his new players and how the gel.

They didn't.

They didn't create more than a couple of chances against a side in the league below.

What's wrong with noticing that and talking about it??? Or are we all supposed to be as blindly loyal to Big Nige that we can't discuss anything without being seen as negative??

It's things like this that get me annoyed aswell

How? I'm pointing out how pre-season can mean very little for what actually matters.

I don't imagine we'll romp to the title with 100+ points but I do believe that friendlies are for getting back to business not showing everyone how good you are.

How? I'm pointing out how pre-season can mean very little for what actually matters.

I don't imagine we'll romp to the title with 100+ points but I do believe that friendlies are for getting back to business not showing everyone how good you are.

I meant I fully agree and it's people that discount those facts as 'pointless'

Whilst I think there's a context of it being pre-season and not getting too excited by a result, I'm tired of people moaning about anyone that seems to question anything surrounding LCFC.

It's a forum about LCFC.

We've just played a pre-season friendly - the testing ground for the manager to see his new players and how the gel.

They didn't.

They didn't create more than a couple of chances against a side in the league below.

What's wrong with noticing that and talking about it??? Or are we all supposed to be as blindly loyal to Big Nige that we can't discuss anything without being seen as negative??

There is nothing wrong with it. It will be exactly what Pearson, Shaky and Walsh will be doing amongst other things and it is exactly why we have pre season friendlies to help the team progress to the point it wants to be at for the opening game of the season regarding fitness, tactics and match day squad. To reach this point i should imagine, though while not preferred, defeats are as important as victories for the assessment of the squad and as such it would of still been a valuable workout for the squad regardless of the result.

I was thinking listening today that live Radio Leicester commentary might be lending a false legitimacy to our pre-season games. I suppose in this day and age it would be impossible to detach ourselves entirely from the match as it's played out and read about it in the Mercury on Monday and it's fair enough those who went putting forth their view, but the players and management should probably be given the freedom to experiment and make mistakes without having half the county listening in and getting ready to stick the knife in if a coherent performance doesn't present itself.

I'm getting fed up with people moaning about people moaning about people moaning.

I'm getting seriously fed up with people moaning about people moaning about people moaning about people moaning.

The amount of twattish posts on this forum is increasing with every season.

It's a friendly, a training exercise, the season may well end in disappointment, NFP may get sacked at some point but it will NOT be because we lost a friendly.

I used to find the mongish post on here amusing but it really is quite depressing now!

Have a think about it.

A Football club will attract 'Fans' from the complete spectrum of society.

So in every club in every City or town in the World there will be a percentage of dicks.

Just ignore them.

While it's never good to lose to a lower league team, it is only a pre season friendly, and as such has no real bearing on what may or may not happen next season.

I for one have pretty low expectation levels for next season, given our debacle of a season last yr, but i really don't believe losing to Shrewsbury will make an iota of difference when we get down to the real stuff come Aug 18th.

I could understand all the doom and gloom if we were 20 games into the season and mid table or below, but blimey we havn't even kicked off yet!!!! :blush::rolleyes:

Too many moaning poofs that's for sure, and we have loads of ugly fans too don't we. Revolting. When I go down to the KP I end up spending most of the match handing out paper bags. The men need to slip on some sexy undies and a bit of lippy and the ladies a nice tweed jacket and shirt. Too many people with a negative outlook on life in general and they go to the footy to get it all off their chest and act like c u n t s. I hate it, oh it's brilliant. Everyone should make the effort to go for a crap before a match. All that negative energy isn't doing any of you any good

Who's with me?

Archived