Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

so here we are....

I honestly do agree with some of this... Defence I have no problem with, although one disadvantage maybe the pace. Still, we have a lot of cover around this area in De Laet, Peltier, Morgan, St Ledger, Whitbread, Kennedy, Konchesky, Moore and even James and Taft. I'd rather us have the likes of Morgan instead of Bamba. Old fashion Pearson-type defenders, I like it.

The midfield is a slight problem for me. I don't think we're strong enough, even with the addition of Matt James. Last season, and the season before if you like, we were knocked off of the ball to easy and other teams could easily glide their way through our midfield. King isn't strong enough, and I don't rate him. Drinkwater and maybe James offer that bit of 'grit' but I still doubt it is that strong/powerful. Wellens is creative and has been good since signing, but his legs are going, and in addition to his injury, he is at the end of his career. He can still hold the ball the best though, in my opinion. Danns offers energy up and down the field, I just think we need a Lennon-type midfielder with him, even though we have many midfielders. In my opinion, we could easily ship out the likes of Gallagher and King to create finances for a player like Jay Spearing.

On the wing, I have confidence in Marshall. I dont rate Gallagher, and Dyer is too inconsistant for me although his pace can be an essential addition for the team from the bench late on in matches. I'm excited to see the new lad out wide, and I hear good things about him, so I'd like to see him start wide-left because I do believe Pearson will start a flat 4-4-2 regardless of the formation yesterday/in previous friendlies.

I'm pleased Futacs signed because we always needed that target man to hold the ball up and bring other players into the game. Last season, we couldn't hold the ball up, and Nugent/Beckford/Schlupp/Waghorn are not target men strikers that will hold up the ball and wait for support. I have confidence in Nugent, he should be starting, no doubt. Waghorn and Schlupp are still learning, and I still believe Beckford has the ability to score at least 15 goals next season. Haven't seen Vardy yet, but heard good things about him.

I have faith in Pearson. His more direct style isn't to my liking that much, but considering we tried football under Sven and Sousa, and failed both times I am abit cautious. Like the last time he was here, I believe Nigel will build us a good, solid defence. The creative midfield area is a big ask in my opinion.

All this

Agree with everything

Mr Pearson has had most of his pre-season with the players. The general consensus last year was that NP suffered from Sven's 'mistakes', and that once he'd had a pre-season to build his own team, things would be better. Well here we are.

Luckily kasper has stayed, so we should be ok in his department, although his form did drop under NP last season.

We've had a reshuffle at the back. No major signings. This is one area in which I have faith in NP to get the balance about right, so it should be ok, although I can't see there being any improvement on last year.

We've added nothing worthy of note to the midfield. Last season we were overran time and again and there was no creativity from the midfield. In some games they might as well not even have turned up. Pearson stuck to his poorly performing favourites and will do so again this year. This will cost the club a shot at promotion and eventually Pearson his job.

Up front, again there has been no improvement. NP has added a hoofball plan b in futacs but when your plan a is hoofball up to Nugent it doesn't really help. With such poor service from midfield none of strikers will score more than 12 goals. Vardy will flop. Futacs will score 2 goals in about 30 late substitute appearances.

NP will be given time by our owners who will be keen to show that they realise the need for patience. But with us in 14th in late Jan they'll make the change, and then we'll all start talking about how the new manager needs a pre-season, and thus the cycle of failure continues

Nothing like being cynical eh?

I will say though you do raise some valid points, however this team has needed a BIG shake up and I think he has nearly completed this. He's shipped out the fringe players (as there was a lot), he's ditched the big earners, he has brought in more wide players, personally not sure about defence as I don't know a lot about de laet and whitbread but I'm sure this is fine too.

The only thing he needs is that defensive mid, once he's got that I think we're in for a good shout.

There was only 1 point where I felt I was questioning NP and that was over the rumours of Beckford going but as it stands he's staying.

Clever post if it happens anything like he says he can come back and gloat, if we succeed by any reasonable amount he can come back and say are you thick low IQ shits anyone can see I was on a a total wind up.

We already have a good keeper in Schmeichel.

Defence is strenghthened quite a lot, new right back & utility player in De Laet, and a good new CB with experience in Whitbread. We have sold Mills and Bamba who were crap, and kept hold of Konchesky who is a very good left back at this level.

We have a new winger and exciting prospect in Knockaert, and a new winger/forward in Vardy who adds pace and goals to the wings.

We have a new creative midfielder in Matty James who was very highly rated at united and he can also play CB.

We also have a good young mobile target man in Futacs who adds a good plan B.

Well Moose the general consensus is that you have have just shot yourself in the hoof. Do you remember last years " major signings

" Mills - Peltier- Beckford etc etc ? A lot of posters on here remember that throughout most of Leicester city's history the best signings we have had were not " major signings. You only need to go as far the M.O.N era to see that . If it was a wind up then change you name to Bert or Toffee Fox , if you really meant it then you need help. :D :D :D :D

I think we've improved everywhere so far, more attacking options with Futacs bit more mobile than big steve, Vardy puts in a shift by the sounds of it, James young talent, Zak Whitbread was good last season the Norwich fans were disappointed to see him go, Anthony Knockaert.. dont know anything about him but a young pacey winger could be a big thing next season but thats my opinion!

We have a new winger and exciting prospect in Knockaert, and a new winger/forward in Vardy who adds pace and goals to the wings.

We have a new creative midfielder in Matty James who was very highly rated at united and he can also play CB.

We also have a good young mobile target man in Futacs who adds a good plan B.

Noone had ever heard of Knockaert. We haven't even bothered announcing him. He won't even play. Vardy adds goals? Where? In the Fosse Road Brothel 4th Division. Who cares? This is the championship. I once scored a hattrick for my local U14s. Do I add goals? No, and neither will Vardy.

Matty James, might be alright, who knows? He obviously wasn't "very highly rated" by Man Utd otherwise they wouldn't have let him go. Just becuase you play for Utd, doesn't mean you're any good. Remember Brian Carey? Mark Robins. Crap players. Totally crap.

As for Futacs. As I said previously he is a decent plan B. Hoofing the ball upfield will get you goals out of sheer desperation when you're trying to avoid relegation. But if we want to go anywhere in this league, we need better than that, and unfortunately with no good plan A, we'll be resorting to Plan B all the time.

14th in Jan, Pearson sacked. Finish 12th.

Archived