Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Trouble in Lincoln? Probably Not!

This is so pointless, really dislike idiots like this.

Just because it's a local game against Lincoln and it's on a Saturday and they ain't at college doing there Level 1 courses, they go and cause trouble.

Stupid pathetic chavs they are, yes they are fans but fans who like to cause trouble like someone else said.

Doubt a match like Luton v Watford would get this much trouble.

This is so pointless, really dislike idiots like this.

Just because it's a local game against Lincoln and it's on a Saturday and they ain't at college doing there Level 1 courses, they go and cause trouble.

Stupid pathetic chavs they are, yes they are fans but fans who like to cause trouble like someone else said.

Doubt a match like Luton v Watford would get this much trouble.

Shows how little you know.

I have to agree I also find this subject fascinating, a very strange dynamic. Clearly there are those who are simply violent but a lot of them are otherwise very nice peope who turn into some sort of monster when in a group at a football match. There is no excuse for any sort of football violence and I very glad it is now all but gone but I find it a very interesting subject especially as I have an inside angle on it, employment wise not involvement.

Indeed.

There even used to be labels given to members of the crowd that bestowed upon them 'fame and priveliges'.. Eg the 'chant leader' was the one who started the songs off and woe betide anyone that did it before him. The 'lookout' would scan for signs of trouble and use codes to let others know. It was mainly participant observation studies ie. researchers would get themselves involved over time ie. infiltrate the group and then report their findings. Some actually got uncovered and got a pasting.

I really can't recollect any of the titles of the studies, my memory is fading with age, but yes a fascinating subject.

Indeed.

There even used to be labels given to members of the crowd that bestowed upon them 'fame and priveliges'.. Eg the 'chant leader' was the one who started the songs off and woe betide anyone that did it before him. The 'lookout' would scan for signs of trouble and use codes to let others know. It was mainly participant observation studies ie. researchers would get themselves involved over time ie. infiltrate the group and then report their findings. Some actually got uncovered and got a pasting.

I really can't recollect any of the titles of the studies, my memory is fading with age, but yes a fascinating subject.

Indeed, this is what inspired Ultra groups on the continent.

Obviously it's been taken to another level but it's essentially the same principle.

There is not any police free fixtures ever, anywhere.

We've had a few.

If a regular visitor to bars and clubs in Leicester causes fights on the way home do the bars and clubs pick up the tab?

Have a look at the Late Night Levy, it gives licensing authorities the power to do just that.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thisislei...tail/story.html

Five men have been arrested following violence between Lincoln City and Leicester City football 'fans'.

The incident happened in Lincoln after the cancellation of a friendly match between the two clubs on Saturday, August 4.

A 29-year-old and 33-year-old from Leicester have been arrested, as well as two 18-year-olds and a 19-year-old from the Lincoln area.

All five are currently on conditional bail.

Old enough to know better really and not kids like so many on here seemed to think it was!

• 1 month later...

Now charged

Police have charged five men with affray in relation to football related disorder.

It comes after a disturbance in Guildhall Street, Lincoln, on August 4 when Lincoln City were playing Leicester City.

Adam Payne (29), of Sandhurst Close, Leicester; Anthony Raybould (33), of Brocklesby Way, Netherhall, Leicester; Callum Busby (18), of De Wint Avenue, Lincoln; Jack Jenner (18), of Fen Road, Metheringham; and Craig Marchant-East (19), of Nettleton Close, Branston, have been charged with affray.

All have been released on bail to appear at Lincoln Magistrates Court on November 20 and 21.

Now charged

Police have charged five men with affray in relation to football related disorder.

It comes after a disturbance in Guildhall Street, Lincoln, on August 4 when Lincoln City were playing Leicester City.

Adam Payne (29), of Sandhurst Close, Leicester; Anthony Raybould (33), of Brocklesby Way, Netherhall, Leicester; Callum Busby (18), of De Wint Avenue, Lincoln; Jack Jenner (18), of Fen Road, Metheringham; and Craig Marchant-East (19), of Nettleton Close, Branston, have been charged with affray.

All have been released on bail to appear at Lincoln Magistrates Court on November 20 and 21.

I grew up just round the corner from Fen Road. I have very little to add apart from that.

Archived