Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Championship betting team news: Leicester City "famous people"

Paddy Power makes us 7/1 to win the Championship

http://blog.paddypower.com/2012/08/10/championship-betting-team-news-leicester-city/

You might not have known: David Neilson, aka Roy Cropper from Coronation Street, is a famous Leicester City fan.

So much so, that his character has dropped references to The Foxes into the soap over the years. One time, he stated a serial number as ‘LCFC97′ – honouring the club’s 1997 League Club success – and in another instance he shouted “Goodbye Mr Claridge†to a customer, shortly after Steve Claridge left Leicester City for Wolverhampton Wanderers. See, Corrie isn’t all that bad.

Who else that's "famous" support's Leicester City?

Ins: Anthony Knockaert (undiclosed amount), Jamie Vardy (undisclosed amount), Ritchie de Laet (undisclosed amount), Matthew James (undisclosed amount), Zak Whitbread (free transfer), Marko Futacs (free transfer)

Outs: Lee Peltier (undisclosed amount), Matt Mills (undisclosed amount), Sol Bamba (undisclosed amount), Steve Howard (free transfer), Chris Weale (free transfer), Oliver Norburn (free transfer), John Paintsil (released), Aleksandar Tunchev (released), Franck Moussa (released), Darius Vassell (released)

lol lol

Couldn't they have just put undisclosed amount and then listed all the players' names.

Ins: Anthony Knockaert (undiclosed amount), Jamie Vardy (undisclosed amount), Ritchie de Laet (undisclosed amount), Matthew James (undisclosed amount), Zak Whitbread (free transfer), Marko Futacs (free transfer)

Outs: Lee Peltier (undisclosed amount), Matt Mills (undisclosed amount), Sol Bamba (undisclosed amount), Steve Howard (free transfer), Chris Weale (free transfer), Oliver Norburn (free transfer), John Paintsil (released), Aleksandar Tunchev (released), Franck Moussa (released), Darius Vassell (released)

lol lol

Couldn't they have just put undisclosed amount and then listed all the players' names.

Nice to know we're told so much about the clubs financial position, given all the worrying stories at clubs like Portsmouth and Rangers, reassuring to know that we're keen to keep our fans informed. :thumbup:

Guest MattP

lol lol

Anyone would think we don't want anyone to see our finances........... :unsure:

Actually can't believe the bookies made us favourites all started at from Mark Jarvis(Leicester based company) traders offer early odds and other book makers followed suit. They'll pull a few mug punters in e.g. Lamby who tend to bet on favourites all the time.

I would personally go for Wolves, Blackburn or Bolton. Birmingham would be a great E/W shout also or if you could get betting without certain teams.

Blackburn have made some excellent signings this summer and I think they've only lost Yakubu and Holliet?

Wolves haven't lost anyone as far as I'm aware? Fletcher & Doyle upfront - GOALS.

Bolton see Blackburn made some good signings for the Championship.

We'll finish 8th/9th again.

Thanks for letting me know, might try and get a refund on my season ticket. :rolleyes:

Just my opinion, realistic one as well. I hope we finish higher but was there any need for the i'll refund my season ticket comment?

Shall I return mine also and not go to nearly[/] all away games like I intend to? :rolleyes:

Just my opinion, realistic one as well. I hope we finish higher but was there any need for the i'll refund my season ticket comment?

Shall I return mine also and not go to nearly[/] all away games like I intend to? :rolleyes:

Just seemed very confident to me, you don't know that we'll finish there, last time we had this manager with a fraction of the money we finished top six. Just felt you were being overly pessimistic really. It's just as likely that we'll end up top 6 and pushing for promotion than end up mid-table, just wish people were a bit less downbeat on here. :thumbup:

Nice to know we're told so much about the clubs financial position, given all the worrying stories at clubs like Portsmouth and Rangers, reassuring to know that we're keen to keep our fans informed. :thumbup:

On a better note I just looked at a load of the other teams and only one Hull transfer had the figure spent next to it, so at least we're not the only one. To be honest as a club I don't see how you gain anything from publishing the cost of transfers.

Just seemed very confident to me, you don't know that we'll finish there, last time we had this manager with a fraction of the money we finished top six. Just felt you were being overly pessimistic really. It's just as likely that we'll end up top 6 and pushing for promotion than end up mid-table, just wish people were a bit less downbeat on here. :thumbup:

To be honest I'm one of the last people to give up on Leicester just ask the posters who have met me, family members who post on this board or friends.

We've had so many chances in the past two seasons to clinch sixth spot but we haven't done so. I can only think of the Crystal Palace game were we actually went sixth for one game? Possibly two? Like I said I really really really do hope we finish sixth or higher.

Come on, let's have it.

To be honest I'm one of the last people to give up on Leicester just ask the posters who have met me, family members who post on this board or friends.

We've had so many chances in the past two seasons to clinch sixth spot but we haven't done so. I can only think of the Crystal Palace game were we actually went sixth for one game? Possibly two? Like I said I really really really do hope we finish sixth or higher.

Come on, let's have it.

Fair enough, just pointing out that I wasn't questioning how much of a fan you are, just don't like reading constant negativity on here and your post just felt like more of it. Glad to here that isn't the case. Now where has that optomistic bus gone?

Actually can't believe the bookies made us favourites all started at from Mark Jarvis(Leicester based company) traders offer early odds and other book makers followed suit. They'll pull a few mug punters in e.g. Lamby who tend to bet on favourites all the time.

I would personally go for Wolves, Blackburn or Bolton. Birmingham would be a great E/W shout also or if you could get betting without certain teams.

Blackburn have made some excellent signings this summer and I think they've only lost Yakubu and Holliet?

Wolves haven't lost anyone as far as I'm aware? Fletcher & Doyle upfront - GOALS.

Was so looking forward to tomorrow and the season and now you've ruined it for me Ash .............no fvck it you haven't I believe COYB :chant:

David has taken part in Birch's charity run in the past. There's also ex tv chef Rusty Lee. Now Jamie Caven has become well known, he can be included. Gary Lineker, Gary Newbon, Manish Bashin. Kasabian. I'm sure there's others but I can't remember any at the moment. EDIT How could I forget Rendall Munroe? Doh!

I think Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves will be fighting for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. I still think that is how 1st, 2nd and 3rd will finish. All three clubs haven't lost key players. As you mentioned, Blackburn have lost Yak and Hoilett but I've been impressed with Kean who has made some great signings; Ethutu and Murphy will be very tough to break down and that partneship will probably own 75% of most games. Wolves haven't lost many, if any, key players (still got the likes of Hunt, Doyle and Jarvis) and Bolton have improved (still got the likes of Davies, N'Gog and Wheater) although they have lost Jaskellinan (can't spell his name ffs).

I don't disagree with you Ashley, I agree with most of your posts anyway, but I think the rest of the divions will be looking at fighting for 4th, 5th, and 6th place, including ourselves.

This is obviously a prediction based on current squads atm, I mean, who knows how the season will unfold. There will always be a team that doesn't do as expected and teams that do better than expected.

I think Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves will be fighting for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Now of course no one knows, but I'm thinking this really won't be the case. I reckon Bolton may go back up with relative ease - good squad and Owen Coyle has his head screwed on.

I am forseeing Blackburn to have a miserable season. Steve Kean is an absolute idiot - regardless of the squad, he will mess it up. Not only is he a poor manager, he is also an idiot. And that leads me to believe that he thinks this season will be a walkover, and will have some nasty surprises.

Wolves might be alright, see how their new manager is. Again though, they were shocking last season and just because they (and the other 2) were Premier League teams, doesn't mean they still are. Time will tell.

Famous Leicester Fans - Englebert Humperdinck (probably), And Emile Heskey.

Transfer request handed in. He'll be going to Sunderland for around £12 Million.

Transfer request handed in. He'll be going to Sunderland for around £12 Million.

Yeah they'll have to cope with the strikeforce that got 43 goals between them in the Championship a few years ago. :P

Now of course no one knows, but I'm thinking this really won't be the case. I reckon Bolton may go back up with relative ease - good squad and Owen Coyle has his head screwed on.

I am forseeing Blackburn to have a miserable season. Steve Kean is an absolute idiot - regardless of the squad, he will mess it up. Not only is he a poor manager, he is also an idiot. And that leads me to believe that he thinks this season will be a walkover, and will have some nasty surprises.

Wolves might be alright, see how their new manager is. Again though, they were shocking last season and just because they (and the other 2) were Premier League teams, doesn't mean they still are. Time will tell.

Famous Leicester Fans - Englebert Humperdinck (probably), And Emile Heskey.

Found a few more

Engelbert Humperdinck - singer _/

David Icke - Former TV Sports Presenter

Martin Johnson - Former Rugby Player

Gary Lineker - Ex Footballer

Gary Newbon - Football / Boxing Reporter

Willie Thorne - Snooker player

Yeah they'll have to cope with the strikeforce that got 43 goals between them in the Championship a few years ago. :P

I'd be surprised if they re-signed Chris Iwelumo.

Found a few more

Engelbert Humperdinck - singer _/

David Icke - Former TV Sports Presenter

Martin Johnson - Former Rugby Player

Gary Lineker - Ex Footballer

Gary Newbon - Football / Boxing Reporter

Willie Thorne - Snooker player

You mean David Icke - fcuking crackpot surely?

I didn't mean together. (Blake/Doyle)

Ok.

Wouldn't worry about those guys though, Beckford scored 8 in the Premier League a couple of years ago so will probably outscore both combined/

Archived