Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Andy Webster- Hearts Centre Back

Totally agree.

Would have hated jelavic, naismith, darren fletcher or any of that rubbish.

Rab Douglas, Peter Canero, Momo Sylla, Alan Maybury, Mark De Vries, Joe Hamill, Robbie Nielson, Sol Bamba... no thank you. I'd only consider a player from the SPL now if they were from Celtic and even then they would be out of our price bracket.

Rab Douglas, Peter Canero, Momo Sylla, Alan Maybury, Mark De Vries, Joe Hamill, Robbie Nielson, Sol Bamba... no thank you. I'd only consider a player from the SPL now if they were from Celtic and even then they would be out of our price bracket.

You're such a fucking mongol.

A) Douglas and Sylla were from celtic

B) You'd not want McFadden, Dorrans, Morrison etc.?

You're such a ****ing mongol.

A) Douglas and Sylla were from celtic

B) You'd not want McFadden, Dorrans, Morrison etc.?

I said Celtic currently, not the Celtic of a few years back.

McFadden no. Dorrans possibly, Morrison possibly.

Morrison has never played in Scotland either.

You Mongol. Stop protecting Scottish football because you're Scottish, I've seen higher quality matches on a Sunday morning at Vicky Park.

I said Celtic currently, not the Celtic of a few years back.

McFadden no. Dorrans possibly, Morrison possibly.

Morrison has never played in Scotland either.

You Mongol. Stop protecting Scottish football because you're Scottish, I've seen higher quality matches on a Sunday morning at Vicky Park.

So even in his prime, when he was a good player for everton - you'd not want McFadden. Yeah right :rolleyes:

How about James McArthur, Kenny Miller (at his old Wolves standard), Allan McGregor?

I'm not protecting Scottish football, it's a simple act like a moron and I'll call you as such. Yeah, the SPL isn't as good as the premiership, but to suggest no good players will come from it because we've had a few doss ones is retarded. I take it by the same standards, Ali Mauchlen was crap?

So even in his prime, when he was a good player for everton - you'd not want McFadden. Yeah right :rolleyes:

How about James McArthur, Kenny Miller (at his old Wolves standard), Allan McGregor?

I'm not protecting Scottish football, it's a simple act like a moron and I'll call you as such. Yeah, the SPL isn't as good as the premiership, but to suggest no good players will come from it because we've had a few doss ones is retarded. I take it by the same standards, Ali Mauchlen was crap?

lol Don't make me laugh, of course some players will come out of Scotland but I'm yet to see any bar Darren Fletcher who isn't lower half Prem standard or lower. Ali Mauchlen was in the 80's, a lot has changed in the last 30 years lol

No need for the abuse. The evidence is there, I'm running out of fingers of players we have signed from Scotland in the last decade who have been flops and have gained cult zero status. Successes? I can't think of any.

lol Don't make me laugh, of course some players will come out of Scotland but I'm yet to see any bar Darren Fletcher who isn't lower half Prem standard or lower. Ali Mauchlen was in the 80's, a lot has changed in the last 30 years lol

No need for the abuse. The evidence is there, I'm running out of fingers of players we have signed from Scotland in the last decade who have been flops and have gained cult zero status. Successes? I can't think of any.

Lower prem standard would do though would it not? Given, y'know, we're a championship side :rolleyes:

I disagree, abuse for people who act like retards is justified. Yes, we've had some doss from scotland recently, but that doesn't give even the slightest bit of credence to your "don't want him, scottish" nonsense. By the same standard, Josh Low and Jason Wilcox were poor, Ben Marshall must be crap. or Kermorgant and N'Guessan were crap - Knockaert was a pointless signing.

I disagree, abuse for people who act like retards is justified. Yes, we've had some doss from scotland recently, but that doesn't give even the slightest bit of credence to your "don't want him, scottish" nonsense. By the same standard, Josh Low and Jason Wilcox were poor, Ben Marshall must be crap. or Kermorgant and N'Guessan were crap - Knockaert was a pointless signing.

Well, that makes a lot of sense! lol

Well, that makes a lot of sense! lol

Exactly. Your idea of we've had crap Scottish players in the past, this chap is Scottish, therefore he's crap makes no sense. If you want to judge players on the success of ones with similar nationality - Marshall and Knockaert were crap signings, if we were to somehow pull off Wesley Sneijder, it would be a crap signing etc.

Now pull your brains out of your arse, put them back in your head and try judging players on their ability, not nationality - like all managers, scouts and fans with the slightest ounce of sense do.

Davie Gibson was brilliant - and Ian King and Frank McLintock. When I trained with Leicester the corridors resounded with Scottish accents.

Elsewhere there's been Denis Law, Ally McCoist Jimmy Johnstone, Dave Mackay, Kenny Dalglish, Billy Bremner, John Wark, yes, there have been Scottish names to celebrate.

What the hell went wrong? I'm not the only one to wonder... http://sg.answers.ya...03020413AAky6Xd

Exactly. Your idea of we've had crap Scottish players in the past, this chap is Scottish, therefore he's crap makes no sense. If you want to judge players on the success of ones with similar nationality - Marshall and Knockaert were crap signings, if we were to somehow pull off Wesley Sneijder, it would be a crap signing etc.

Now pull your brains out of your arse, put them back in your head and try judging players on their ability, not nationality - like all managers, scouts and fans with the slightest ounce of sense do.

:o

Still makes no sense whatsoever... How am I judging players on their nationality? Maybury - Irish, Sylla - Guinean, De Vries - Dutch... It's fairly evident that the Scottish league really isn't up to much. Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Still makes no sense whatsoever... How am I judging players on their nationality? Maybury - Irish, Sylla - Guinean, De Vries - Dutch... It's fairly evident that the Scottish league really isn't up to much. Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, you appear to have a thicker skull than cooling, as impossible as that sounds, so I'm just going to finish here with the words of the good lord:

I think I can solve this SPL dilemma.

Fact is the even at the peak of the SPL the standard is Championship level if converted to English standards at best, and it's falling all the time.

For me Hearts are probably akin to Barnsley or Huddersfield in level, so these lads come down here and it's a step up in most cases, and more over when you take into account the bottom half of the SPL is League one standard or worse and you have players coming down who are not used to week in week out battles at a high level.

Liverpool's reserves took care of Hearts last week.

Having watched that game we have better kids in our squad than this lad.

Archived