Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Andy Webster- Hearts Centre Back

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/120820/webster-wanted-leicester-forest-and-norwich-179082?

• Norwich face competition from Leicester and Nottingham Forest for Hearts defender Andy Webster.
    Canaries boss Chris Hughton has been monitoring the Scottish international all summer and wants to bolster his defensive options following their heavy opening day defeat at Fulham.
    Webster, who featured for Scotland against Australia last week, is keen for another shot at the English Premier League after a disappointing spell at Wigan earlier in his career.
    But he is also open to offers from upwardly mobile Championship teams - and Leicester and Nottingham Forest fit the bill.
    Foxes boss Nigel Pearson has lost Sean St Ledger and Zak Whitbread to injury, while skipper Wes Morgan was partnered by rookie defender Liam Moore in Saturday’s win at home to Peterborough.
    Meanwhile, new Forest boss Sean O’Driscoll is looking to bolster his defensive ranks further after taking Chelseadefender Sam Hutchinson on a season-long loan and is also eyeing a swoop.

Don't see why this would be a bad move really, I know our track record of signings from Hearts is pretty dismal but we still need another defender when you've got SSL/Whitbread out. I like Moore a lot but who the fvck plays centre half if he injures himself? (Which is bound to happen knowing our luck)

Don't see why this would be a bad move really, I know our track record of signings from Hearts is pretty dismal but we still need another defender when you've got SSL/Whitbread out. I like Moore a lot but who the fvck plays centre half if he injures himself? (Which is bound to happen knowing our luck)

When ZW and SSL come back (very soon!) then we have 4 decent CBs, as well as other players who could play there in an emergency. Why would we want any more on the books; it would only cause us problems. And on the other hand, what CB would want to sign for us, seeing the prospect of being 4th choice at best?

I still think a centre half on loan would be the better option.. That way we get a short term player, maybe without paying all of his wages/high wages, St Ledger and Whitbread can get fit and the younger players arn't pushed back even more.

So, I'll pass as well.

Archived