Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bakerfox123

The football rattles..

Are you all blind with the need to get all those young under 8 fans into the stadium they've been selling rattles for ages in the club shop..

cutcaster-photo-100918269-Baby-Rattle.jpg

There was a thread a few weeks ago about this. Didn't someone also suggest ripping up papers for confetti.

You mean ticker tape? Was all the rage after Argentina '78. Made a right mess on the terraces, not to mention the pitch

0,,12950~7681497,00.jpg

Whatever happened to these? And could we make it our thing? The thing that makes us different?

I've got one in Leicester colours - it's actually a 1939 ARP (Air Raid Precaution) rattle that's been painted in blue and white. Works like the day it was made.

But they're considered potentially dangeorous or offensive weapons today in this Auntie Beeb country of ours and the other problem of course is that they help create an atmosphere and we couldn't possibly have that.

Why not wave a nice, quiet Leicester flag instead, so long as the air disturbed by the wafting won't wake the mums who are trying to sleep alongside their little Johnnies until the match starts - or even finishes.

Or why not just wave your hands (decently), that way the stewarts will be sure you're not trying to start a fracas. I'm serious cos I had a knife taken from me at the Etihad Stadium and I wasn't even waving it at all, just carrying it in my pocket with my car keys.

It wasn't one of the evil-looking military bayonets or kukris I sell sometimes at the market or one of those Samurai swords of the kind used to slash an MP - but a tiny penknife with a well-worn 2-inch blade that might help with any number of awkward jobs but couldn't cut anything much more resistant than butter on a hot day..

Manchester City officially confiscated that knife or effectively stole it unless they honestly expected me to wait for an hour at their offices after the game to get it back.

I wondered if perhaps I looked like a thug who was likely to set on my fellow Leicester fans in a drunken frenzy or whether the steward just fancied seeing what I had in my pants 30-years after I last had a woman fancy doing such a thing, let alone a bloke.

But "no" they admitted, that wasn't the reason. They were concerned about it being stolen by someone intent on causing trouble. Can you imagine - two people wanting to get in a 63-year-old's pants on the same night! I don't think so. But the football rattle's got no chance! lol

Once had to go hospital to have a rattle taken out of my anus. It was on the floor, I was standing on a stool changing a lightbulb with my pants off and I tipped over and fell right on top of it. I've still got the rattle as a souvenir although it smells a bit like Vaseline, no idea why though

Archived