Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Jermaine Beckford and value for money

169 members have voted

1. 1. Value for money?

• Yes, I still think Beckford is going to come good and represents value for money. I'd keep him.
    • No, I don't think Beckford represents value for money anymore. I'd let him go and give the other reserve strikers a chance.

I always get behind the team which I believe helps I clap players when they're subbed even if they've had a poor game. I genuinely support on a forum I express my opinion people wil not all agree and democracy gives you freedom of speech. If he stays and comes goo great, if he goes I won't be sad and if he goes and scores goal.....that happens! My opinion is I don,t think he will because he's not really that good........ time will tell.

If he comes goo! :sick:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

people who have something between there ears will know he is a proven goalscorer and an absolute talent, whether he is doing that for us at the moment is a question being raised frequently. I don't want him to leave as i still see potential in him, people who want him out PLEASE DO NOT moan when hes bagging 20 goals with another club when we let him go.

Yes, he is a proven goalscorer - at League One level, he's never even remotely come close to replicating his record in that league since he's been at Everton and Leicester. I want him to succeed, I think he could come good. Has he shown any signs that he will so far? Not really.

Matty Fryatt absolutely banged them in at League One level, but no-one really gave a shit when he left, and he had a proven Championship record... I like Beckford and I want him to succeed, but I can't understand why everyone is under the conclusion that he's an amazing Champ player and he's bound to score about 20 goals if he goes elsewhere - he hasn't remotely shown that he's capable of that so far.

Yes, he is a proven goalscorer - at League One level, he's never even remotely come close to replicating his record in that league since he's been at Everton and Leicester. I want him to succeed, I think he could come good. Has he shown any signs that he will so far? Not really.

Matty Fryatt absolutely banged them in at League One level, but no-one really gave a shit when he left, and he had a proven Championship record... I like Beckford and I want him to succeed, but I can't understand why everyone is under the conclusion that he's an amazing Champ player and he's bound to score about 20 goals if he goes elsewhere - he hasn't remotely shown that he's capable of that so far.

This...

The debate still goes on between 'potential' and 'actual' re. Jermaine Beckford

And the Poll suggests that many still have faith in him and consider him worth paying for.

This...

The debate still goes on between 'potential' and 'actual' re. Jermaine Beckford

And the Poll suggests that many still have faith in him and consider him worth paying for.

I haven't actually voted, I don't think he's particularly good value for money, but now that we've got him I'd rather we kept him and try to get the best out of him. We've got a lot of strikers, but I think Becks, Nugent and Vardy are the best of the bunch so I'd rather keep that group together. We don't need him scoring 20 goals a season tbh, if he can manage 10 this season, and the other strikers and the rest of the team chip in, we'll be doing ok.

I think Reading's top scoring striker last season was Le Fondre? I think he only got about 10.

Archived