Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Drinkwater - stop hating

Next time he plays just count how many times during the game he gives the ball away, Man ~United rarely get rid of good players cheaply!

So he's not good enough for Manchester United, a team that wins trophies virtually every year, and also means he's not good enough for Leicester City, who've sat in the second tier for 8 of the last 9 years?

The thing with Drinkwater is that he's a decent player but the role he's playing he's got to be more consistent.

At the moment he's dictating all of our play, our build-up, our tempo, our direction. But too often he's giving the ball away in simple areas. I think at times he has a tendancy to be too patient as well, when he should drive with the ball at their back four to drag them out of position and exploit the space he too often stops to check back and try to play his way in. At times I think he over-complicates things and it's all very well being neat and clever but he has to keep his concentration to cut out those simple errors. If not then Wellens will be taking his place when he's fit again.

He is off my victims list which is a positive.

The jury is still out on him with me, I didn't rate him last season I thought he was very inconsistent in his game and offered very little in terms of defence and attack, this season though he looks a different player, controlling games, winning balls, defending well, attacking in a fast tempo pace which is what I like to see from a midfielder.

However the problem with Drinkwater is he isn't physical enough against ball winning midfielders, and today was an example of that, Doumbia and Henry were over him like a rash, his passing was woeful and shooting even worse.

Im warming to him, but I still have my doubts over some parts of his game.

I think he would work well with a physical presence alongside him, or in a three man midfield instead of two.

One thing's for sure, we can't rely on Drinkwater, James and King all season, because they aren't physical enough, yes they have done well this season so far but it's only five games, today showed that he can go from really good one week to really bad the next, because of the sheer presence Wolves offered in midfield, there will be a lot more midfields like that this season, and in games like that Drinkwater and co will struggle.

He is off my victims list which is a positive.

The jury is still out on him with me, I didn't rate him last season I thought he was very inconsistent in his game and offered very little in terms of defence and attack, this season though he looks a different player, controlling games, winning balls, defending well, attacking in a fast tempo pace which is what I like to see from a midfielder.

However the problem with Drinkwater is he isn't physical enough against ball winning midfielders, and today was an example of that, Doumbia and Henry were over him like a rash, his passing was woeful and shooting even worse.

Im warming to him, but I still have my doubts over some parts of his game.

I think he would work well with a physical presence alongside him, or in a three man midfield instead of two.

One thing's for sure, we can't rely on Drinkwater, James and King all season, because they aren't physical enough, yes they have done well this season so far but it's only five games, today showed that he can go from really good one week to really bad the next, because of the sheer presence Wolves offered in midfield, there will be a lot more midfields like that this season.

:thumbup:

What has everyone got against him? I think he's quality. He is always looking to be on the ball, he starts our attacks. He's the player we have needed for years. Obviously gave the ball away a

Bit too much today but i still think he was one of the best performers today.

You must be joking. He is only average, average, at best.

I don't hate Drinkwater but in my opinion he is at best average for this league but then again so is the rest of the team. Yes I know it's only five games in but the writing is on the wall we are a mid table outfit, and I have seen nothing over the last five games to give me any hope that it's going to change with this present squad and manager. So I will just go on supporting my team come what may and hope for better times in the future it's all I can do.

I've seen him quite a few times since he signed for us and i've not been overly impressed with him so far. However, he's had small moments in those games so i'd like to see him develop a little more in our midfield. Definitely not done anything to be hated for or slagged off.

To be fair, now I think about it I can hardly think of a chance he's created this season, a shot he's had, or a goal he's scored.

Are we EVER gonna get a central midfielder (King excepted) who can fookin shoot!!??

Koren scored again for Hull at the weekend I noticed... Another one driven in from the edge of the area. We so need players with a better shot in that central midfield area.

Are we EVER gonna get a central midfielder (King excepted) who can fookin shoot!!??

Koren scored again for Hull at the weekend I noticed... Another one driven in from the edge of the area. We so need players with a better shot in that central midfield area.

it will all be solved when Wellens is back from injury Col . . . . . . . . . :whistle:

Archived