Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Drinkwater - stop hating

What has everyone got against him? I think he's quality. He is always looking to be on the ball, he starts our attacks. He's the player we have needed for years. Obviously gave the ball away a

Bit too much today but i still think he was one of the best performers today.

Not hating chap, just wishing he didn't welly the ball at the goal when he has no chance of scoring so often - wasted opportunities - I assume the swearing under his breath was because he was pissed off at himself, yet you weren't annoyed with him - he knows more than you...........

I thought he was not at his best, but a lot of people are seeing him as the answer to our problems and then hating on him for failing to reach the standards.

It is clear he is a quality player, first touch always gets him into space away from the opponent and he is looking forward to get a pass off quickly. He also likes a tackle

He will get better and better in a team playing the way we have done this season

Not hating chap, just wishing he didn't welly the ball at the goal when he has no chance of scoring so often - wasted opportunities - I assume the swearing under his breath was because he was pissed off at himself, yet you weren't annoyed with him - he knows more than you...........

I swear you're only here when we lose, **** off :dry:

isn't that where you get wonder strikes from?

where people hit it when they have no chance of scoring???

if Drinkwater had someone decent in midfield with him we would boss it, but for now when playing with king or james he ends up doing 2 players work.

if you remember barnsley last year, he ran the game agaisnt us, as he was allowed to play a free role from CM while they had someone who sat back and picked up the pieces.

What has everyone got against him? I think he's quality. He is always looking to be on the ball, he starts our attacks. He's the player we have needed for years. Obviously gave the ball away a

Totally agree. I was surprised by the flak coming his way in the post-match thread. One of the first names on the team sheet atm for me. Not sure it needs its own thread, but it certainly merits mentioning.

I think people get mixed up when it comes to 'hating', 'disliking', 'slagging off', 'scapegoating' e.t.c, people don't want to have those feelings over LCFC players, they want them to be good, if they are good then in theory LCFC are doing good.

It's constructive criticism, that mixed with the feeling if they don't add alot to the team why are we still playing them, especially when we have adequate replacements.

Every player, every person has there bad games/days, it happens and I don't mind a player having a bad game every now again but if it's every game, that is when I have a problem, this goes for many other people.

We need consistancy, we need a winning mentality, we need confidence, unfortunatly we have too many players in our team who are consistant (Consistantly rubbish), who havn't got a winning mentality and who are rock bottom on confidence.

This post isn't directed at Danny Drinkwater, this post is directed at people think people don't have a right to slag players off when they are playing poor game after game.

I thought he did ok at times today, but his passing was inconsistent. I like the way he plays, always wants the ball and all of our best play today usually started with Drinkwater picking a pass. He plays some lovely little triangles at times but he does give the ball away too. But lets face it, if he didn't do that he wouldn't be playing in our midfield.

He has his strengths but his weakness are more obvious like his tendency to be casual with his passing and his shooting which is worse than Wellens, I'm OK with him he'll get better and if he was better now he wouldn't be here.

He does alot of wayward passes and slows the play down, not much different from what people say Wellens do, yet hes seen as the best thing since sliced bread

No way does he slow the game down anywhere like as much as Wellens.

He does alot of wayward passes and slows the play down, not much different from what people say Wellens do, yet hes seen as the best thing since sliced bread

Don't agree, sorry. You need midfielders to keep onto possession if you play a passing game. Occasionally he had to go backwards or take another touch because there was nothing on but that is part of the game! He's always looking to get the ball forward quickly if you watch him closely

Our quicker style in recent games has been down to King and Drinkwater moving the ball on swiftly.

He's not a perfect passer by any means but I wouldn't say he slows the game down.

He was the worst player on the pitch for me, no idea how we have seen this so different.

He was the worst player on the pitch for me, no idea how we have seen this so different.

Think it must be go on what you remember, Drinkwater makes mistakes and you've obviously remembered them more than the other things he has done.

Wasn't great today but nowhere near worst player on the pitch, for me anyway.

Drinkwater has been one of our better players this season and crucial to our faster paced style of play.

Today he was crap.

It is possible to offer comments on a game-by-game basis which deviate to the overall idea of what you think of a player.

Archived