Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Let's play formations - just for fun

Marshall (GK)

Futacs - Pearson - Wellens - Bradley Wiggins (on loan from Sky)

Vicky Vixen - Filbert - Cousin Dennis

Schmeichel - Harry McPannyoutoo

Bernie

Can't do any worse than the current lot :P throw in Gove as the manager and you're onto a winner :thumbup:

DavieG: But he's irreplaceable up front!... Player manager. Cousin Dennis will be captain.... "just a hunch"

Yes I failed to see him although i wonder what the smell was in your post, anyway edited and found someone infinitely better at managing things.

In all seriousness, without being truly serious, and with everyone being fit:

Kasper

Whitbread Morgan Moore

RDL--------------------------Schlupp

Drinkwater King

Marshall---------Knockaert

Vardy/Nugent/Beckford

Classic 32221

RDL and Schlupp would make great wing backs, giving Marshall and Knocky license to get forwards and more central, 3 Centre backs covering the full backs and filling in the space behind the midfield.

Am I the only one who likes 442?

I'm a 4-4-2 fan myself.. Always have been.

However, away from home it's not working.. Just look at how many times we lost away from home last season and now this. Is it the system or the players? I'm not sure? Maybe a bit of both. Dave has got it right I think. 4-4-2 when we don't have the ball leaves us too wide and too exposed to teams that are coming onto us.

For this reason I'd sit a player slightly deeper to get his foot in around the edge of our own area.

However, I ain't sure we have the players in the squad to do that job adequately.

At home we seem a better side and 4-4-2 is working. Same as last year. Look at the stats Rich it's all clear to see.

At home it's Fortress King Power, with a 4-4-2

Away it's almost the opposite, with a 4-4-2.

In all seriousness, without being truly serious, and with everyone being fit:

Kasper

Whitbread Morgan Moore

RDL--------------------------Schlupp

Drinkwater King

Marshall---------Knockaert

Vardy/Nugent/Beckford

Classic 32221

RDL and Schlupp would make great wing backs, giving Marshall and Knocky license to get forwards and more central, 3 Centre backs covering the full backs and filling in the space behind the midfield.

Not far off what i'd like to see us play away from home. I want to see the 3-5-2 wing back system, either Schlupp or Dyer would work really well down the left, either Marshall or Knockaert down the right leaving a choice of the other one central behind the strikers or James/Wellens playing a holding role depending on the opposition. It's a very solid system and i've no idea why we stopped using it after O'Neill. Pearson was forced into using it at Palace last season and it worked well again, he should have carried on using it in away games

I actually posted this formation in the 'Knockaert as CM' thread.

Schmeichel

St Ledger Morgan Whitbread

De Laet.........................................Schlupp

Drinkwater........James

Marshall

Futacs.........Nugent

So how does that allow Knocky to play CM? He's not in that team :P

Nige will play a 4-4-2 tonight.. pretty convinced

:thumbup:

We know Col, that is why this is not in the pre-match thread, but in the let your imaginations run wild, formation speculation thread :thumbup:

So how does that allow Knocky to play CM? He's not in that team :P

We know Col, that is why this is not in the pre-match thread, but in the let your imaginations run wild, formation speculation thread :thumbup:

ah... hold on then (I aint that bright Cap Shrap)..... :)

Here you go:

Kasper

DeLaet Big Wes Moore Konch

Drinky

Marshall Dannsy

Knocky Schlupp (these out wide, bloody phone!)

Mr. Beckford

Nige will play a 4-4-2 tonight.. pretty convinced

This.

I can dream all I like but Pearson on has one formation in his mind.

He did do something different at smellhurst park last season, but by half time we were back to 4-4-2.

Archived