Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Drinkwater unsung hero

Merc

Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater described the mood in the City camp as 'buzzing' after their recent good form.

City climbed into second spot after their midweek win at Huddersfield Town.

• ​4196449.jpg
    Danny Drinkwater

It was their fourth consecutive victory and fifth in the last six games.

City are looking to extend that run this afternoon when Bristol City, who have picked up one point from their last three games, visit the King Power Stadium.

Drinkwater said the City side was gelling well.

"The team is bonding massively and we are winning games now," he said.

"We are second now and the lads are buzzing.

"Hopefully that will continue and we will be up the top of the table where we deserve.

"We have been working hard and sticking to what we know we can do.

"We have been more consistent than last season and it is showing in the results."

City's good run has coincided with Drinkwater's best form since arriving at the King Power Stadium.

The former Manchester United trainee said he will always try to be a pivotal player in City's midfield, but he also praised the contributions of his midfield partners Andy King and Matty James.

"I will always be frustrated if I give the ball away.

"But I do see a lot of the ball so, if I give balls away, I am not going to go hiding," he said.

"I will keep calling for the ball and keep playing. But the more games I am getting, the better I am getting.

"I love playing with Kingy and Matty James. They both do great jobs and I am more than honoured to be playing every game.

"Kingy likes to get forward, which allows me to get a bit deeper and get on the ball.

"He is a goalscoring midfielder and he will get the goals," he added.

Drinkwater said he was expecting another tough clash with the Robins this afternoon and said that the City fans had a key role to play.

"The fans have been brilliant," he said.

"The atmosphere has been brilliant away from home and the supporters have really got behind us at home and have played a big role in our excellent start.

"Hopefully, that will carry on. They are like an extra man on the pitch."

Be nice if he could tackle and learn how to bleeding shoot!

5 shots in last 3 games and zero have been even close!

He reminds me too much of Wellens!

He isn't actually that bad at tackling, he is quite tenacious, he doesn't dive in and he is a nuisance when we have not got the ball. I think he could turn out to be a quality player. He is a bit like Joe Alan at Liverpool.

He's got some growing to do, but at the point he's at it's a great starting point.

But that's what's great about signing 20/21 year olds, they have all the basics but can grow and become even better. It's great that we've signed a whole host of them, because they can go on and become true heroes for us in a 10yr+ city career (if the wind is blowing in the right direction)

His shooting needs to be more composed though he seems to just welly them when a bit of guile may be required

ohhh danny danny danny danny drink water. Not good enough to get ol' linekars song yet but a smashing lad. Another one of those pearson signings who are honest as the day is long and redouble their efforts on the training ground if things aren't going well!

you sound like Rob Kelly!

Archived