Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Drinkwater unsung hero

I hope this doesnt create a 50/50 argument but i personally feel the lad deserves some recognition.

Whilst he's still got a long way to go, i think he's been excellent this season.

We've dominated the majority of games this season and he's been key to that.

Even when his passes are not always 100%, he's constantly on the move looking for the ball and finding space, then linking play.

I'd imagine he's covered as much ground as anyone so far this season and hopfully he'll continue to improve.

I also think he's got physically stronger since last season. There was a few times on Sunday after Olofinjana came on, where he stood up to him and kept possession.

His shooting needs work though!!! ;)

I hope this doesnt create a 50/50 argument but i personally feel the lad deserves some recognition.

Whilst he's still got a long way to go, i think he's been excellent this season.

We've dominated the majority of games this season and he's been key to that.

Even when his passes are not always 100%, he's constantly on the move looking for the ball and finding space, then linking play.

I'd imagine he's covered as much ground as anyone so far this season and hopfully he'll continue to improve.

I also think he's got physically stronger since last season. There was a few times on Sunday after Olofinjana came on, where he stood up to him and kept possession.

His shooting needs work though!!! ;)

Good post Chris, pretty much agree. I think he has still has room for improvement in his passing and certainly his shooting but looks generally very much improved this season and long may it continue. I would love to see his running statistics as I would imagine they would be impressive, he works very hard that boy, a fine trait for any footballer and in particular a centre midfielder.

Be nice if he could tackle and learn how to bleeding shoot!

5 shots in last 3 games and zero have been even close!

He reminds me too much of Wellens!

That's a bit of a harsh statement. Wellens would be pleased to be able to shoot like DD lol

Seriously though, he's a lot better than Wellens is or has been

Even though one of them lead to a goal!

He has been inconsistent for me. Good in the challenge, but his passing and shooting have been poor. Even the first goal for us against Hull was lucky as it was from a completely miss-hit shot from Drinky. I wouldn't drop him though, as I think he is a class player, just needs to sharpen up a bit.

He has been inconsistent for me. Good in the challenge, but his passing and shooting have been poor. Even the first goal for us against Hull was lucky as it was from a completely miss-hit shot from Drinky. I wouldn't drop him though, as I think he is a class player, just needs to sharpen up a bit.

To be fair, Nugent went 11 games with 'miss-hits' and poor finishing but we persisted with him and he's a forward!

Drinky still has alot to learn and improve on but he's defo made us tick this season

I have read a lot of high praise for Drinky, and from what I have seen it is all deserved, he has been sloppier this season than the first few games after we signed him last season, where he never gave the ball away, and really looked class.

I think most recognise him for the talent he has, and how good he will become, certainly not the finished article, and needs to cut out the sloppiness that has crept into his game, but in all in all, I am a fan.

As for his partner, I've not seen enough of James, but worry he would be too similar to Drinky, whereas King adds a lot more offensively.

If neither Drinkwater or James don't tackle, could you please explain why out of 7 games we've probably dominated midfield 70/80% of the time.

After the wolves game, I wonder how we will set up this Saturday as would like to see King, Drinnky and James in the midfield and Marshall & Knocky out wide with a lone striker - really dominate the game IMO giving us a load of attacking options from the bench.

Spot on this! As for drinkwater...proper footballer, still learning but takes responsibility and tackles back when he gives the ball away...not like wellens in that regard.

I suggested the first time I saw him that Drinky could well become a big player for City for years.

He's got the best engine of any City midfielder I've seen for some time. However, he can't be both playmaker AND ball winner.. He'll end up burning out. If played in the right way ( the signs are there) he could be our player of the season.

Because Big Wes has been a monster and broke things up. We have dominated because we have been good WITH the ball, without, not great.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Suppose we have just been looking that the opposition has surrendered possession to us in every game then. Or Morgan managed to be everywhere.

After the wolves game, I wonder how we will set up this Saturday as would like to see King, Drinnky and James in the midfield and Marshall & Knocky out wide with a lone striker - really dominate the game IMO giving us a load of attacking options from the bench.

That's a very good set up, lots of creativity attacking wise and James + Drinky to do the cleaning up.

I do think Drinky is a quality player, sure there are some misplaced passes but it's not as if the rest of the team don't do the same.

They have been playing 442 recently, vardy alongside nugent.. Although knockaert given a free roaming role was a good idea so I'd be inclined to look to drop King and play Dyer.

It's looked like more of a 4-2-3-1 to me. Can't no for sure unless you've heard it from the managers or coaches mouth

It's looked like more of a 4-2-3-1 to me. Can't no for sure unless you've heard it from the managers or coaches mouth

No just an observation, you might be right though.

I've not seen Middlesbrough this season so I don't know how they play but ideally Leicester want to pack out that midfield and use usual defence but make sure our full backs are defensively minded. 4-2-3-1 formation with James + Drinky defensive, than Dyer + Knockaert + Marshall finally capped off with Nugent up front.

Think that formation will be defensive enough and will give us an opportunity to snatch a goal.

Anyways off topic so will get it back on track... Drinky is awesome.

Archived