Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How could we improve the team?

Why on earth would you think that....... :dunno:

We already have two excellent creative players, both with more than a 'touch of class' and both undoubtably at their 'best in that free role' and NFP mostly plays them out wide........ :frusty:

Yeah, I see your point. I mean, the players that were here before Pearson came in have really started to underperfom and Marshall and Knocky have been pretty terrible plus we're not doing very well in the league, so I guess Pearson wouldn't be able to get the best out of him...

Yeah, I see your point. I mean, the players that were here before Pearson came in have really started to underperfom and Marshall and Knocky have been pretty terrible plus we're not doing very well in the league, so I guess Pearson wouldn't be able to get the best out of him...

Christ, you really don't get it do you..... :/

Sure we're doing great at the moment, but if we are going to stay in the top two we need to continue to get better and make the most of our chances.

Yesterday was a case in point, as most people agree, we were much the better side for huge parts of the game yet we only managed a point, and that from a goal out of the blue from Marshall.

Ask yourself why that was the case, Waghorn missed a decent chance but apart from that everyone played pretty well, yet the overall performance only got us a point, despite the fact that Birmingham had several players who could barely manage a run late on.

I want to see us promoted, and the best way to do that is to be in the top two, yesterday was two points lost, simple as...... :mad:

You might want to celebrate being top of the League because Cardiff couldn't manage to get anything from bottom of the table Ipswich, please yourself.

Christ, you really don't get it do you..... :/

Sure we're doing great at the moment, but if we are going to stay in the top two we need to continue to get better and make the most of our chances.

Yesterday was a case in point, as most people agree, we were much the better side for huge parts of the game yet we only managed a point, and that from a goal out of the blue from Marshall.

Ask yourself why that was the case, Waghorn missed a decent chance but apart from that everyone played pretty well, yet the overall performance only got us a point, despite the fact that Birmingham had several players who could barely manage a run late on.

I want to see us promoted, and the best way to do that is to be in the top two, yesterday was two points lost, simple as...... :mad:

You might want to celebrate being top of the League because Cardiff couldn't manage to get anything from bottom of the table Ipswich, please yourself.

Okay then, how do we play both of them in the free role and still give ourselves options outwide? Not possible is it? If you can actually think of a legitmate system that will work then big kudos to you and you clearly have a superior footballing brain than I.

Pearson is making the best of what he has and he is doing things the right way at the moment because we're picking up the points and sitting at the summit of the league. If he continues to manage things as they are then we will finish the season at the top of the table.

You say about making the most of our chances; well clearly we are making better use of them than any other team in the league because we're top.

Whether or not you're being negative, its coming across that way and I understand that you want to win every game but sometimes thats not possible and you have to accept what you get.

I don't want this to develop into a petty feud because this place is littered with them, so I am simply wanting to know exactly how to get the best out of team, in your opinion :)

Okay then, how do we play both of them in the free role and still give ourselves options outwide? Not possible is it? If you can actually think of a legitmate system that will work then big kudos to you and you clearly have a superior footballing brain than I.

Pearson is making the best of what he has and he is doing things the right way at the moment because we're picking up the points and sitting at the summit of the league. If he continues to manage things as they are then we will finish the season at the top of the table.

You say about making the most of our chances; well clearly we are making better use of them than any other team in the league because we're top.

Whether or not you're being negative, its coming across that way and I understand that you want to win every game but sometimes thats not possible and you have to accept what you get.

I don't want this to develop into a petty feud because this place is littered with them, so I am simply wanting to know exactly how to get the best out of team, in your opinion :)

From the top, we can do this in one of two ways.....

Either, play one of them in the hole in a 4-2-3-1, the other could take one of the wider roles, interchanging at will, or be used from the bench.

Or if you want to be different, go 4-3-2-1 with both Knockaert and Marshall supporting a lone striker.

Both set ups provide some width, but mostly, given all our forwards aversion to crosses, we are playing through the middle.

NFP is doing pretty well, the improvement to our play this season is beyond my expectations, but that is not why we are top of the league, we are top because Cardiff had a bad day and failed to get a point at bottom of the table (almost) Ipswich.

Whilst I want us to win every game I do not expect to do so, but I do expect us to win when we outplay the opposition for most of the game and are clearly the better side.

There will be occasions when we have to play really well and fight hard to get a point against good opposition, yesterday was not one of those games.

Two points lost...... :mad:

Here's a radical thought.......

How about getting the best from the players we already have?....... :dunno:

In forward areas I think we have tremendous potential but are not even close to realising it. There is lots more to come from Knockaert, Marshall and Vardy for a start.

Movement and flexibility is the key, we are bringing the ball out of defense nicely, but there are still not enough options for our defenders/midfielders to hit.

Lose Knockaert and we are in deep shit, apart from him only Dyer really 'shows' for the ball, and useful as he is, he is not going to get the job done.

Seriously?

Dyer's absolutely woeful off the ball. Maybe woeful's harsh but the amount of times he goes missing when we need him on a counter is alarming, he's easily the quickest player we have as well.

We have Marshall and to a lesser extent Gallagher that could fulfill that role between the midfield and strikers.

Not even close to the standard Knockaert does it, Gallagher lol seriously Knockaert carries us going forward, he's absolutely key already.

Except we've played a 4-2-3-1 on more than one occasion this season with Knocky in the hole, you just refuse to acknowledge this

Aye, totally agreed and still think it's our strongest formation, the only thing it sacrifices is Nugent/Vardy as a pairing but you can still fit them both in. This allows our best attacking player to have the most advanced position. I'd use it more often myself, think it's a solid formation.

Dexter Blackstock from F****t?

http://www.forestfor...ead.php?t=34126

I suggested him in the summer, I actually really rate him.

Some of them are laughable and contradictory, look at what they're putting about us lol for someone who apparently means nothing to them, you wouldn't think they'd be so livid if he went to us of all clubs eh?

"If the club are in his heart, he can't sign for Leicester".

Archived