Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How could we improve the team?

We'll I'm sat here at work thinking how could we actually improve the team? Realistically, like.. I don't mean let's get messing up front...

I mean who could we get, who would want to come, that could improve the team?

And by realistic I'm also meaning someone who is unhappy.... or at a club who would be happy to sell... or a free agent.. or even a top club reserve..

We have quite a tidy little team really..

i would like another target man striker (Wickham, Austin) just to add somthing else up frount, mabey a pacey winger (to bring on the last few mins of a game) a big strong DM (Tongo Doumbia for example) and a left back.

Add a reserve LB as I don't particularly like the idea of having Schlupp in there - perhaps Moore could fill in there? I might target Cresswell from Ipswich who may be getting a bit fed up of playing in a team near the bottom. Apparently a decent player but I must admit I haven't seen him much.

I personally wouldn't add another striker, we won't need one if the other two hit form and it's not as if they're doing badly at the moment. I'd prefer to focus on improving what we already have instead of signing someone we don't need. We have plenty of forwards already.

We'll never have the perfect team. Finishers - Beckford, Nugent, Waghorn, Vardy (at some point I'm sure) ,Sclupp. We have the best attack in the league. No more tinkering. These players can achieve promotion and they have the manager to carry it through.

I honestly don't think we need to sign anyone right now. So I don't think we should be trying to, we're doing well at the moment so unless there's an offer we can't refuse I wouldn't be looking to sign anyone in January.

I can't believe people seriously consider schlupp as a viable left back option because of a 10 minute cameo!

Desperate times called for a desperate measure. So a left back back up for me. Konchesky is quality though I know on here the jury always seems to be out on that.

I like waggy but we need him to be in the same form as the playoff campaign for him to be seriously relied upon

As much as he frustrated me for years with his lack of strength and low work rate but Matty Fryatt would fit in excellent in this current Leicester team, someone who doesn't need to do much but just needs to be in the right place at the right time and be a clinical finisher

Get in a left back cover. Konchesky is 31 now and is starting to show signs of fatigue but still is up for the job for this season. If we do get promoted then we should be looking to get in a new left back to replace Konchesky. And maybe a defensive midfielder as someone has already mentioned? Covers Danns and Wellens are not going to be very effective and Danns looks like he won't get a seeing in this season and they're both 31+, but Wellens seemed to play decent football for Ipswich against TOTL (not for long) Cardiff.

I'm not a fan of bringing in new signings if things are going pear shaped or if things can improve but looking at the size of our current squad, the amount of players turning deadwood (Danns, Wellens, Gallagher, Beckford, etc.), ageing players (especially our defenders) and also us releasing some youth players, I think we need to expand the size of our current squad but I'd like to see how things pan out from now until January and see if we do need to take action but now we are on a very strong run with a promising form at the moment. Don't know which players would fit the bill though. We don't need to strengthen our strikeforce. It's fine enough as it is, any of our strikers could walk into most of the Championship club's starting line-ups.

Well we apparently have the 2nd best defence in the league, and the 7th best at scoring goals.

Personally, I don't see why everyone has a hard on for strikers with a net fetish. If most players on the squad are scoring, I don't care.

I'd actually get a new Left-back rather than a reserve one, as good as Konchesky has been he's starting to age now and hasn't been as good as he was last season. Who that left-back would be I don't know.

Whaaat konchesky is class in the champo! A reserve may be in order, i heard michael ball is available.

I can't believe people seriously consider schlupp as a viable left back option because of a 10 minute cameo!

Desperate times called for a desperate measure. So a left back back up for me. Konchesky is quality though I know on here the jury always seems to be out on that.

I like waggy but we need him to be in the same form as the playoff campaign for him to be seriously relied upon

If you've followed Schlupp's development over the years you would be well aware he has not played left back for just a ten minute cameo.

Hes not Ashley Cole but I can assure you hes had a fair bit of experience in that position. Agree I'd prefer a natural left back as cover though.

Archived