Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ashfosse

Briar Rose Wetherspoons - Best Part of the Day

Anyone else drink in the spoons before the game? One of the best pregame booze ups in ages! Good sing song inside including taking the p*ss out of a birm fan for looking luke tubes...'are you tubes in disguise'

The manager then decided to stop serving people 'who look like football fans' until the singing stopped. So then everyone proceeded to sing and chant outside instead! so then they started serving again!...this then obviously drew attention from police so they followed the leics fans as we left the pub. No idea who was leading the group but we all got a bit lost which led to chanting of 'we dont know where were going'.

Ended up walking through birm to the ground having a sing song accompanied by a few police vans who actually did a good job in guiding us all to the ground, as i think most were so steaming they had forgotten what city they were in.

Great day out and decent result. Hopefully many more to come.

WYS

Ahaaaaa, 'Tubes' is my mate. We agreed that we'd drink with City pre-match and drink with Brum post-match. Was hilarious when everyone started laying in to him, only problem was that people thought I was Brum cause I was with him, I had to show my shirt to a few people just to prove a point to myself haha. Spoons then refused to serve him for 'provoking the away fans' ****ing ridiculous but a cracking laugh nonetheless. Incidentally, 'Tubes' spent last night in A&E after passing out in the middle of a main road at roughly 11pm.......

Ahaaaaa, 'Tubes' is my mate. We agreed that we'd drink with City pre-match and drink with Brum post-match. Was hilarious when everyone started laying in to him, only problem was that people thought I was Brum cause I was with him, I had to show my shirt to a few people just to prove a point to myself haha. Spoons then refused to serve him for 'provoking the away fans' ****ing ridiculous but a cracking laugh nonetheless. Incidentally, 'Tubes' spent last night in A&E after passing out in the middle of a main road at roughly 11pm.......

0.jpg

I was in the sun on the hill, 2 doors down, did make me chuckle when I looked outside and everyone at the bottom of the road was stood looking up at you guys, taking photos, etc, take it the tourists had never seen a football crowd before!!

Then the next minute everyone just up'd a left, not sure who was in charge but it made me laugh when everyone just turned round and followed him up the road, away from the ground!!

No wonder you got lost.

Archived