Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glenny_fox

Summer Signing Opinions

Seeing as we are 11 games in now, we have had a good chance to make opinions on the new players. So mine are as follows

De laet – 1m - possible weak link in defence but I think will improve. Attacking he is good though

James – 1m – at the moment he doesn’t seem value for money but he goes about his job well and I think another one that needs time to bed in.

Knockeart – 3 mil or 750k – wow.. just wow, i don’t put our fine form down to luck, its all down to this guy providing the link between midfield and attack. Signing of the summer.

Vardy – 1 mil – in terms of goals people would say he hasn’t been worth the money, but in terms of workrate, chances and creating chances for others he has been a great buy and imo he is one that will only improve.

Whitbread – free – obviously hasn’t played much but the games I have seen he looks steady and assured (bar a couple of errors which i put down the rustiness). I can see him and wes making a brill partnership.

Futacs – free – not really seen much of him but provides that option for those tough to win games.

Moore – Although not a summer signing, it feels like he is with the emergence of him. He gives us an option all across the back. If sven was still here I couldn’t imagine him being any where near the 1st team.

Any that I've missed just say, feel welcome to add January's in aswel with big wes and DD.

I agree , knockeart has been the player we've been missing for the past couple of seasons hes had the flair and skill to go past players and its just what we need. I think whitbread and morgan will form a solid partnership and i dont know where that leaves st.ledger . And james needs a few more games , he hasnt looked too bad when hes played but he needs more time ;)

Knockaert is just brilliant, Da Laet I think has been very good, and he's actually done well to keep Moore of the team as Moore could easiely fill in at right back. Whitbread I think was immense against birmingham, he just seemed to win everything in the air, Vardys workrate is excellent and never afraid to make a tackle. Overall the bust summer of signings for a long time

Seeing as we are 11 games in now, we have had a good chance to make opinions on the new players. So mine are as follows

De laet – 1m - possible weak link in defence but I think will improve. Attacking he is good though

James – 1m – at the moment he doesn’t seem value for money but he goes about his job well and I think another one that needs time to bed in.

Knockeart – 3 mil or 750k – wow.. just wow, i don’t put our fine form down to luck, its all down to this guy providing the link between midfield and attack. Signing of the summer.

Vardy – 1 mil – in terms of goals people would say he hasn’t been worth the money, but in terms of workrate, chances and creating chances for others he has been a great buy and imo he is one that will only improve.

Whitbread – free – obviously hasn’t played much but the games I have seen he looks steady and assured (bar a couple of errors which i put down the rustiness). I can see him and wes making a brill partnership.

Futacs – free – not really seen much of him but provides that option for those tough to win games.

Moore – Although not a summer signing, it feels like he is with the emergence of him. He gives us an option all across the back. If sven was still here I couldn’t imagine him being any where near the 1st team.

Any that I've missed just say, feel welcome to add January's in aswel with big wes and DD.

Big Wes & DD have grown enormously over the summer, Wes is benefiting from being able to lead a defence without any wildcards in it, eg. Bamba or wondering where Pelts who's supposed to be just outside him has disappeared to.

DD could well be our best signing of recent times, he's young and will get better but he's bossing things nicely, linking up well, covering, driving forward he's got it all except shooting ability.

Vardy will be the biggest point of debate I presume.

I think if he gets a goal or two he'll get more... but in the here & now he's contributed enormously to our progression as a team this season. He links up well with Nugent & the midfield/widemen which is something his preprocessor was weak at, he doesn't give opposing players a second to make a careful pass and what's better is all this is just the start.

Elsewhere:

De Laet - Not the best defensively but we've hardly conceded anything down that side... compare that to the ever AWOL Peltier and I think we've got a good buy

James - Proved he's a capable stand-in, not seen tot much to suggest a first 11 player, but a good addition to the squad who does a job when called upon.

Knocky - Looks great value, needs to maintain the form where plenty of bright prospects before him have failed to do

Whitbread - Will be great I think, a real steal

Futacs - I know nothing about him apart from he wins a lot of headers on FIFA, surprised he's not played in the later stages more

Moore - Great, couple of errors like the goal conceded at Wolves away but apart from that a revelation, no wonder the big boys are having a look.

De Laet - There have been a few games where I haven't been completely convinced, but overall I think he's doing a good job. We still haven't conceded down that side of the pitch based on the stats posted the other week so he must be doing something right. He's still relatively young as well so for me a better option than Peltier but needs to be a little more reliable defensively perhaps.

James - I still think he could prove to be an important player for us, Drinkwater and King are playing really well at the moment, but I think he'll do an adequate job when he's needed and again a very young player who will hopefully have a good future at the club. Haven't really seen enough of him yet to decide just how good he is/can be, could go either way really.

Knockaert - Superb. Not just because he is clearly an incredibly talented footballer, but he seems to have a good attitude and he's still only 20. He should be in the Premier League next year regardless of whether we are or not.

Vardy - I like him, whilst he's not going to score a ridiculous amount of goals (Which is a big ask of someone making the jump from Non-League so soon, he does work incredibly hard and so far he's on course to better Beckford's tally from last season, so again I'd say another improvement.

Whitbread - Haven't really seen enough of him yet, but if the Norwich fans are right then alongside the best CB in the Championship right now we could have a great little player. If we can keep Whitbread and Wes fit we might just have the best defense in the division.

Futacs - Wonderkid, could be the next Leon Crncic.

De laet – He's young, not as strong as I'd expect him to be but he's improving.

James – Another youngster who with some nurturing could be a good player but not seen much from him as of yet.

Knockeart – Scored some stunning goals, looking classy, want to make sure that he can follow the game and not lose his positioning, but that sshould improve with experience

Vardy – Reminds me of Ian Hume with his workrate. Puts everything into it, I think he partners Nugent well. Only thing missing with him is goals, hoping that as he settles in he will start scoring.

Whitbread – Played well on saturday, now that SSL is injured I'd like to see him make the most of it. Want him to use his experience.

Futacs – Not seen enough of him to judge

Archived