Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dakin_fox

crystal palace - player ratings

Schmeichel 5 (Lost the ball for their goal - foul or not - and nearly gifted them another goal late in the second half. Not convincing at all today which is rare).

De Laet 7.5 (One of the few City players to emerge with credit. Constantly involved offensively even though up against a decent opponent. I just wish he'd play more final passes on the ground).

Morgan 6 (Reduced to floating aimless high passes and neither he nor whitbread were anywhere to be seen for their second goal)

​Whitbread 4 ( I've yet to be impressed by him at all. Headed so many clearances to the opposition, looked vulnerable when attacked on the floor and saw the second goal scored right through his department). .

Konchesky 6 (Had far too little help against the quick, strong and talented Zaha but, as ever, he stuck to the task and things improved considerably for him as Zaha tired and as Palace concentrated on defending their lead).

Knockaert 4 (Ran into so many blind alleys and lost posssession I was surprised he wasn't taken off. Cost the team any chance of establishing some passing rhythm and left us vulnerable with his selfishness)

Drinkwater 4 (Worst game I've ever seen him play. Couldn't control the ball or pass it)

King 7.5 (Scored his fourth goal of the season at the death with a far post header and was the only player we had who passed the ball quickly, accurately and still found time for a couple of other useful shots)

Dyer 6 (Teamed up with Vardy to provide a good early chance for Nugent but Palace had clearly worked on limiting his opportunities before his early departure).

Vardy 5 (See above but got none of the through balls he needs to show his striking ability. Totally ineffective in the air.)

Nugent 5 (Again, needed the ball on the floor but we persisted in delivering high crosses which were clearly going to be fruitless).

Subs

James 7 (Gave King much-needed support in doing the simple things).

Marshall 6 (His only long range shot went woefully wide).

Schlupp 6 (Lively, encouraging and competent but for too short a time. Should have been on much earlier).

Kasper- 5

. Should have come for the corner for their 2nd goal. Poss at fault for the first goal also, seemed to over stretch himself.

De Laet- 7.5

So quick, got forward well. Started a lot of our attacks.

Morgan-7.5

Another faultless performance.

Whitbread 5

Better than SSL in the air but looked cumbersome and tired yesterday.

Konchesky 6.5

Ripped apart by Zaha in 1st half but much better second. Solid enough

Drinkwater 4

Well below par but has been excellent this season so hopefully just one of those days for him

King 6

Thought he had a really good first half an hour but faded. Never gave up though

Knockaert 4

Worst I've see him. Seemed too small and I'd have replace him instead of Dyer. Defenders knew what he was trying to do every time- cut in onto his left foot. Set pieces awful.

Dyer 6

Unlucky to be sacrificed for James

James 7

Gave us more physical presence. Same problem yesterday as at Wolves we were being outmuscled and he helped. Does the simple things and I think he will start next week

Nugent 5

Looked tired, off his game but again, never gave up

Vardy 5

Works hard but that header was so bad it looked like he'd deliberately headed it over!

It just wasn't our day. We weren't awful, but Palace were stronger and more skilful than us particularly first half. Don't think NP will start 2 attacking wingers again against a team like Palace. We just get shoved off the ball in midfield.

We can't be brilliant every game. The standard of our performances bar yesterday,Burnley and Wolves first half has been excellent. An off day was bound to happen.

Do think we need a striker. That's not a criticism

of Pearson or the team. It's fact. Vardy works hard but he lacks class, first touch isn't good enough. Think we will sign someone in Jan but only if it's the right deal for us. Pearson won't panic buy. Otherwise, we're a good side and will bounce back next week

Kasper - I love the guy but I think decision making cost him and us today... Overstretched for the first and stood back and watched for the second... Bad day at the office..

Thought other than de laet and Morgan the team looked tired, slow and no where near as sharp as they have been! King and drinks were bullied big style and quite often all the opp had to do was walk through the centre of our midfield...

Not sure about Vardy also, we should use him like reading use La Fondre and bring him off the bench, especially to start with!

Hopefully Pearson will sort it out!!

I normally give player ratings but can't this week. The whole team's feathers were ruffled early on as Palace started with such a high intensity. All of the players suffered and started making mistakes.

It's difficult to offer much praise but at the same time you can't be too critical - Palace did a very good job of stopping us playing how we wanted to. They were a team of big bastards, very physical and pressing all over the pitch. If anything, we can take heart from the fact that both of their goals came from set pieces and they didn't manage to score against us in open play.

Afraid NP has got it wrong with Vardy. He looks very out of place in this league. Was hoping it would go away but it hasn't. Need to sell and cut our loss....really wanted him to succeed and would love to be proved wrong so feel free to dig up this post next May

Kasper 5- made some good saves but certainly one of his less convincing displays.

RDL 5 - our weakest defender by far. Failed to close his man down which lead to their attack, which leaf to him putting it out for a corner when it could've been do different. Great carrying the ball yes, but he didn't create anything.

Konch 6 - Did ok, one of the few not scared to put himself about.

Whitbread 6 - he's good in the air but had a less convincing game in every other aspect.

Morgan 7 - only player to real credit for me. He's going to be our player if the season.

Dyer 6 - was doing better than Knockaert until he was dragged.

Knockaert 5 - his worst game for us.

Drinkwater 4 - abysmal.

King 6 - scored with a lovely header and went about his usual industrious way.

Vardy 6 - endeavour, energy and enthusiasm. Still wish he'd be a bit more selfish.

Nuge 5 - looks very tired. Should've scored early on.

James 6 - added what we seemed to be missing and kept things tight.

Marshall 5 - didn't get in the game enough, had little time or space when he did.

Schlupp 5 - LMP.

Archived