Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dakin_fox

crystal palace - player ratings

Schmeichel 6 - Nothing to do much apart from picking the ball out of his net

De Laet 8 - Quality from him today, defended and attacked incredibly well

Morgan 7 - Not the best in the first half, but started to dominate in the second

Whitbread 5 - He is good at some things, but such a liability on the floor, and when players run at him

Konchesky 6 - Couldn't cope with Zaha and Bolasie in first half, improved in second

Knockaert 6 - Was one of our better players in the first half, shocking second half

Drinkwater 3 - Absolutely awful, his worst performance of the season

King 7 - Worked very hard all game, and got the goal of course

Dyer 4 - Did nothing with his 30 mins in the game

Vardy 5 - Offered nothing, worked hard but no real impact

Nugent 5 - Frustrating game, like Vardy worked hard but nothing paid off for him

Subs

James 7 - When he came on, we looked much better made a difference in my opinion

Marshall 6 - Did well and nothing more

Schlupp 6 - I would give him an opportunity, looked decent in a short period

Schmeichel 5 - Pretty sure he was fouled for their first. Should have came and claimed the corner that they scored their second from. Moment of idiocy towards the end nearly cost us a third.

De Laet 6 - Struggled a bit at the back but got forward really well.

Morgan 6 - Struggled against Murray.

Whitbread 4 - Really, really poor. Distribution was horrible.

Konchesky 6 - Got embarrassed a few times by Zaha, and should have had a penalty given against him.

Knockaert 3 - Terrible. Set pieces never looked threatening.

Drinkwater 3 - Was horrible to watch today.

King 6 - Neat finish for the goal. Few promising moments. Midfield as a whole was completely overrun and bullied by Palace.

Dyer 6 - He was doing ok, unlucky to be subbed. Knockaert should have gone instead of him.

Nugent 6 - Quiet again. Should have scored early on after good work by Vardy.

Vardy 5 - Bit of a mixed bag. Some good work but other really bad moments. Didn't really have many efforts on goal.

James 6 - Does simple things well but wasn't the right sub to be made in my opinion. We needed goals, which we won't get from his sideways football.

Marshall 6 - Did reasonably well when he came on tbh.

Schlupp 4 - Looked really rusty, well off the pace.

Schmeichel 5 - Pretty sure he was fouled for their first. Should have came and claimed the corner that they scored their second from. Moment of idiocy towards the end nearly cost us a third.

De Laet 6 - Struggled a bit at the back but got forward really well.

Morgan 6 - Struggled against Murray.

Whitbread 4 - Really, really poor. Distribution was horrible.

Konchesky 6 - Got embarrassed a few times by Zaha, and should have had a penalty given against him.

Knockaert 3 - Terrible. Set pieces never looked threatening.

Drinkwater 3 - Was horrible to watch today.

King 6 - Neat finish for the goal. Few promising moments. Midfield as a whole was completely overrun and bullied by Palace.

Dyer 6 - He was doing ok, unlucky to be subbed. Knockaert should have gone instead of him.

Nugent 6 - Quiet again. Should have scored early on after good work by Vardy.

Vardy 5 - Bit of a mixed bag. Some good work but other really bad moments. Didn't really have many efforts on goal.

James 6 - Does simple things well but wasn't the right sub to be made in my opinion. We needed goals, which we won't get from his sideways football.

Marshall 6 - Did reasonably well when he came on tbh.

Schlupp 4 - Looked really rusty, well off the pace.

Agree with most of that but Knockaert. Not sure where you sit but thought Knockaert was our best player in the first half (not that he had too much competition.) Faded a bit in the second but then nobody was particularly great today. Thought he'd scrape a 6.

Biggest concern for me though is the complete lack of options when Nugent needs a rest, which he clearly does. We've got to sign a good striker from somewhere, either on loan or in January, if we're serious about promotion. I think our best 11 is good enough to go up but there's a clear lack of depth in some key areas.

We need a good, like-for-like, replacement for Nugent. A goal scorerer in a similar mould who can compete for his place.

Kasper - 6 (Thought he was fouled for the first, apart from that had little to do.)

De Laet - 7 (One of the few players to offer any threat going forwards.)

Whitbread - 6

Morgan - 6

Konchesky - 6

Knockaert - 5 (Really didn't think he was at his best today, seemed very predictable at times, to me at least. Maybe just expecting too much)

Drinkwater - 5

King - 6 (Another good finish)

Dyer - 5

Vardy - 6

Nuge - 5

James - 6

Marshall - 6

Schlupp - 6

Fans - 0 (Awful.)

Schmeichel 6 - Christ...

De Laet 8 - My MOTM. He is fvcking awesome at running with the ball.

Morgan 6 - A bit off 1st half. Better 2nd

Whitbread 5 - He can head the ball. Otherwise, he's fvcked.

Konchesky 6 - Zaha just destroyed him. Did fine with getting the ball up the ptich though.

Knockaert 6 - Had a few good spells. His worst game so far.

Drinkwater 4 - Had a shocker.

King 7 - Good game. Got involved. And a good goal too

Dyer N/A - Got subbed. didn't do much either

Vardy 5 - Not much

Nugent 5 - Not much

Subs

James 6 - did fairly well. I'd like to see him play next week

Marshall 6 - Meh

Schlupp 6 - Ran around alot. He was good.

Anyone who gives vardy more than a 3 is thick as fcuk.

He's had time to settle and adjust and i like his work rate but we already have nugent who works. Vardy is just the next iain hume. Today was crying out for marshall to play wide. Vardy has no real end productor quality. Pearson got it wrong today.

Schmeichel 5 - Couldn't see the goal but I expect he dropped it. Kicking wasn't good (again) either.

De Laet 6 - Got forward well.

Morgan 8 - An inspiration to any defender. Never gave up, gave it all.

Whitbread 5 - Don't really rate him. Beaten easy a couple of times, and seems to foul a lot.

Konchesky 4 - Couldn't handle Zaha, was always going to be beaten all day.

Knockaert 5 - Not on his game today, even his crossing was poor.

Drinkwater 3 - Very poor, constantly giving the ball away easily.

King 6 - Thought he went missing a little at times. Missed his goal also.

Dyer 4

Vardy 5 - Tried and tried, but didn't come off. Probably should have scored the header though.

Nugent 5 - Probably the same as Vardy.

He's had time to settle and adjust and i like his work rate but we already have nugent who works. Vardy is just the next iain hume. Today was crying out for marshall to play wide. Vardy has no real end productor quality. Pearson got it wrong today.

So that's every previous poster in this thread then? Vardy was out of position today, once Dyer went off he moved wide left and was never going to provide much from that position.

Kasper - 5

De Laet - 6

Morgan - 6

Whitbread - 4

Konch - 5

Dyer - 4

Knocky - 6

Drinky - 5

King - 5

Nugent - 5

Vardy - 5

SUBS

James - 5

Marshall - 5

Schlupp - 5

Referee - minus 2 billion (he was an utter arse got every decision wrong today and missed 2 penaties at least for Leicester)

Iain Hume could score goals though, and some were absolute screamers as well.

Schmeichel 6 - A good keeper, the fact that we lost doesn't change this, did routine things well

De Laet 7 - Energetic, rate him, gave his all in the second. Impressive.

Morgan 7 - Got us out of jail a few times, good distribution in general

Whitbread 5 - Always error-prone, only good in the air. Can't wait for SSl to return, we looked more solid before

Konchesky 6 - Against a tough opponent, fared badly. Does not look like a ex-Liverpool player. Passing good as usual however

Knockaert 5 - The lad is young, and cannot keep his early season form up. Credit to him for trying to make things happen but well off his usual game

Drinkwater 3 - Not a '2' for the fact that he kept on trying, but couldn't trap a bag of cement etc etc. Dogshite.

King 7 - Inhibited by Drinkys performance and doesn't play well with James IMO, still did all the basics well and others weren't on his wave length

Dyer 5 - Little impact.

Vardy 3 - Terrible. yes he tries hard, its not enough. I want him to do well but we need to sell him he is a flop at this level

Nugent 5 - Meh. He's a good finisher when the chances come, otherwise he's a passenger

Subs

James 7 - Helped us retain some possession, I think he's a tidy player, but essentially a 2nd rate King

Marshall 6 - Needs to take on his man more, as we can't score from crosses often. Should be starting for Vardy IMO

Schlupp 5 - No impact but understandable as he's not getting a look-in

Referee - 0. A one-eyed willy puller. Should return his match fee to us as compensation

also

Schmeichel 6 - Nothing to do much apart from picking the ball out of his net

De Laet 8 - Quality from him today, defended and attacked incredibly well

Morgan 7 - Not the best in the first half, but started to dominate in the second

Whitbread 5 - He is good at some things, but such a liability on the floor, and when players run at him

Konchesky 6 - Couldn't cope with Zaha and Bolasie in first half, improved in second

Knockaert 6 - Was one of our better players in the first half, shocking second half

Drinkwater 3 - Absolutely awful, his worst performance of the season

King 7 - Worked very hard all game, and got the goal of course

Dyer 4 - Did nothing with his 30 mins in the game

Vardy 5 - Offered nothing, worked hard but no real impact

Nugent 5 - Frustrating game, like Vardy worked hard but nothing paid off for him

Subs

James 7 - When he came on, we looked much better made a difference in my opinion

Marshall 6 - Did well and nothing more

Schlupp 6 - I would give him an opportunity, looked decent in a short period

Would score the players exactly the same. Palace knew we played through Danny Drinkwater and they were all over him like a rash today. Too physical for us. What was Vardy doing with that header second half! And schlupp in the box at the end...frustrating.

Kasper 5 - learn the laws son, if you hit our player its not a foul, kicking was off today again

De Laet 6 coped with Zaha much better then Konch did, got forward well which is just as well as we had nobody within 20 yards of him on the right

Moore 5

Whitbread 5 both headed well but both were shocking in their passing

Konchesky 6 got exposed for his dwindling pace by Zaha bot otherwise solid

Knockaert 4 telegraphed the cutting in move all day long, a bad day for him

Drinkwater 3 sloppy passing heavy touches and his dithering nearly cost us at 1 point, hasn't looked right for a few games

King 5 when his partner is off he cannot make up the difference

Dyer 3 didn't bother to try and head the ball, when Konchesky cleared he left their right back to just waltz forward and gather instead of chasing back and trying to retain possession

Vardy 6 1 great cut back Nugent should of buried, lots of effort little result

Nugent 4 wasted a chance early spent the rest of the game moaning and doing nothing

we needed someone like Danns to come on and change our approach this game, dunno whats happened but it needs sorting now!

So that's every previous poster in this thread then?

You said it. Sorry but i like his work rate he clearly has something but at this level not so sure.

He came here with a record of having played wide so claiming he's out of position doesnt really work. There were other poor performances today bit his stood out.

I dont want beckford but vardy is a worker and we have nugent for that.

For those slagging waghorn at least he's had chances to miss in the last couple of games.

Also i see schlupp the wonder kid was class when he came on. Oh dear.

Schmeichel 5 - Sort of not his fault for the first goal. Running into one of our players is understandable when he had his eyes on the ball. Second corner he should have come for.

De Laet 7 - Has a great turn of pace.

Morgan 7 - Played ok on the whole. One great tackle near the end

Whitbread 5 - Great in the air, really poor on the floor.

Konchesky 5 - Not one of his better games.

Knockaert 5.5 - Not his best game by any means, but he seemed to be the only one trying to make things happen at times.

King 6.5 - Played ok, scored.

Drinkwater 2 - Terrible. Nothing came off for him today.

Dyer 5 - Didn't do too much.

Nugent 4 - Offered so little today.

Vardy 4 - See Nugent.

subs:

James 5 - Did a passable impression of King without the goal threat. Midfield tightened up when he came on.

Marshall 6 - Get him in the team.

Schlupp n/a

Archived